Today I heard that 2727 is now going to be a lease building. Does anyone know whether this is true or not?

Considering the fact that it is constructed as condominium, pre-sales of condos are strong as well as the near $850 per ft , near 10,000 sq ft penthouse was sold in July, I would PRESUME that is false?

Where did you hear that?

• 1 month later...

Been a while since anything has been posted about this building...

The crane has been down for some time...

Hurricane Ike caused some setbacks... some of the insulating material was peeling off and had to be fixed, but seems the damage, as far as the exterior and what I can see, is limited to that...

Currently almost all Windows have been installed, and presently windows are going in on the 30th floor, which is near almost fully glass encased. The North side of the building appears to be finished in the stainless steel paneling on the exterior, and half done on the south side. The garage section remains pretty much as it was.

And much more has happened to the top of the roof, in the Mechanical section...

This weekend I intend to take a walk down to Kirby and get some shots of this and West Ave. Hopefully nothing unforeseen will hinder my efforts :)

PS: Judging by all that has sold, including the penthouse, and all the listings I've run across online for units here, I'd say it is absolutely not true this is going to be a lease building. The only way would be is if individual owners lease their individual units.

Edited by Geoff8201

Units in the building are for sale only - not for lease. If someone chooses to lease out their unit after they close, they can, subject to the condo docs/restrictions.

Regarding the south units selling prior to the north units - the south side of the floor plate on the lower levels (up to floor 15) contained 3 smaller units where the north side of the floor plate on the lower levels contained 2 larger units. The most popular plan was the "C" plan on the southeast corner of the building due to size, view and price. Also, with most high rise projects, the least expensive units and the most expensive units tend to sell first. The intermediate sized units take a little while longer to move. There was, however, a very popular intermediate sized unit on the south side of the building that combined the southeast corner and south center units (the "F" plan) and it had about 300 more square feet than the northeast corner unit (the "E" plan). Whenever someone bought an "F" unit - it gobbled up 2 units on the south side. Lastly, you gain a Med Center view on the south side of the building as opposed to a simple green River Oaks view - that extra skyline is quite attractive to many high rise Buyers.

Took a little walk this morning... got some shots of this and West Ave., as promised... It was tempting to go through the holes in the fence and venture inside.... but I didn't feel like being arrested for trespassing today...

A few low profile shots and side profile. I had more but these pretty much offer what you want to see. The last one is my best effort to see inside the building, jc281, lol

2727_NW_corner_low_angle.jpg

2727_SE_corner_low_angle.jpg

2727_Southside_profile.jpg

2727_peep.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if anyone out there by chance has a more detailed plan of the 7th floor, aka the "Aqua Level". I have this one, which is complete but rather small, and would rather have a good Vector graphic (.dwg or .pdf) that would maintain its quality at any size. I'm curious for a detailed view of this level.

hr1653093-4.jpg

I love the way this building isn't shaped like a typical rectangular building but more like that of a ship (levels 7-30), with the "bow" tilting outwards as it climbs higher.

• 1 month later...

So things have been progressing, kinda slower, but still progressing. I can only imagine how the interior is starting to shape up.

On a progress note there are at least 6 big palm trees atop the exterior side of the7th floor "Aqua Level" now.

EDIT: Drove by again today (12/20), and took a closer look. There is scaffolding around the garage, so may see some finished exterior go around what is currently only concrete and cinder block.

I think we're not too far away from seeing the Mechanical Rooms, atop the roof, enclosed, and the 'Fin' and 'Hood' going into place.

There is glass up around the lobby area, and the lobby is starting to look like a lobby...

After the New Year I'll probably take another walk and get some more pics of this and West Ave. unless another Haif'er wants to beat me to it. ;)

Edited by Geoff8201

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, been waiting for so long to see some interior shots... so far not what I expected, but is a work in progress. Also these individual units are designed how their owners want them, so this may be a one and only unit. Personally this wouldn't be my taste in interior design either.

CandacitaBonita, under what pretense were you able to walk the building? I'm asking cause I'd love the opportunity to enter and look around too, but since I'm not in construction, real estate, or planning to buy I'm sure they wont allow the simply curious to enter and wander around. At best I could apply for the job of Chief Engineer for after the building opens :D

Do you think that's blue protective film covering stainless cabinets?

I'm gonna say no since typically the protective film is a lighter blue, and some of those drawers already have handles in place and are ready to go. Plus looking closely I see no imperfect edges where one would begin to peel it off.

I can only imagine what the countertops will look like on this one.

Wow, been waiting for so long to see some interior shots... so far not what I expected, but is a work in progress. Also these individual units are designed how their owners want them, so this may be a one and only unit. Personally this wouldn't be my taste in interior design either.

CandacitaBonita, under what pretense were you able to walk the building? I'm asking cause I'd love the opportunity to enter and look around too, but since I'm not in construction, real estate, or planning to buy I'm sure they wont allow the simply curious to enter and wander around. At best I could apply for the job of Chief Engineer for after the building opens :D

I work for one of the companies building this project. We also have a hand in several others listed on the site, such as One Park Place and Gables West Ave. I haven't walked One Park Place, but I have walked West Ave. West Ave is my favorite.

As for 2727, each unit is different. The units I walked are spec units, so they'll have a variety of options in them. The pictures don't do it much justice, but you can look at them on my flickr stream for a full description of each photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/candacitaboni...3907373/detail/

Picture updates.... Looks like this thing is getting close to being enclosed on level 30, and the framing for the mechanical on the roof has a nice curve to it. The top is a little different from the rendering and the models... I thought the whole penthouse level would be all glass but ended up with some stainless exterior also. I didn't have enough time to get shots of these, but the garage bottom is making progress and more steps towards the final product, and the lobby is taking shape.

2727_side_1-12-09.jpg

2727_1-12-09.jpg

2727_top_1-12-09.jpg

EDIT: And the whole "hood" thing (that's what I call it, maybe roof awning would be better?) is level with the 30 floor rooftop, in the renderings and model it also sits higher then the mechanical rooftop like a proud ornamental structure marking the highest point of this building. What gives, or am I missing something?

Edited by Geoff8201

• 1 month later...

It's getting there. The Garage exterior is getting the stone installed, the front top has has the yellowboard completed and has moved on the the next insulating material. I'm wondering if that part will be stone, or stainless?

BTW, In that picture you can see parts of West Ave. Building 3 is starting to get serious.

DSC03997.jpg

I still like this building very much, but the apparent alteration of the top detracts from its aesthetic considerably (compare to 2727kirby.com, from which they removed many of the original renderings).

Of all the projects that I'm grateful got off the ground prior to the slowdown, however, this one still remains near the top of my list.

I still like this building very much, but the apparent alteration of the top detracts from its aesthetic considerably (compare to 2727kirby.com, from which they removed many of the original renderings).

Of all the projects that I'm grateful got off the ground prior to the slowdown, however, this one still remains near the top of my list.

Thank You for noticing this alteration! I've mentioned it several times, but never heard a response to it. I'm sure the redesign was done in the interest of time, money, and maybe they were just worried about it blowing away in the next hurricane?

Personally I like the rendering better than the finished product, but don't get me wrong, the finished product is by no means unimpressive. The stone going around the garage part looks beautiful so far, and I'm really itching to see the completed "Aqua Level". This building is most impressive when you're standing underneath it with it towering over you.