• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is the view of the construction so far from the Whole Foods Market. I don't know if West Ave topped out yet, but 2727 is definitely a feature that sticks out.gallery_15_10_2110809.jpg

gallery_15_10_1120411.jpg

Here is a different view from the strip that Shanghai River (dinner) is in. Once again you can see how this will have a different effect on the view of the area.

gallery_15_10_899458.jpg

I'm so glad it's finally going up! I've been going crazy over here worrying about the project stalling. Let's be honest, this is one of the coolest-looking new buildings going up in Houston, if not the coolest. Man, what a relief! I've been waiting since 2005 to see some significant progress made on this. Aw, it's gonna look so sweet when it's done. AWESOME!!!!!!

2727 Kirby at River Oaks

Posted Dec 12th 2007 8:04AM by Deidre Woollard

Filed under: Estates

2727kirby.jpgThe latest high-rise in the Houston area is in the Upper Kirby/River Oaks area of Houston. The 30-story tower is crafted in glass, stainless steel and stone and sits on a narrow lot that is less than an acre in size. 2727 Kirby will have 96 units which will be one-, two- and three-bedroom condos ranging in size from 1,250 square feet to 6,100 square feet. Units are divided into residences and "estates" which have an elevator that drops them off into their unit. The residences have fireplaces and a private terrace equipped with an outdoor kitchen.

The building will offer private gardens for residents with a green thumb.

Be a PITA getting your bags of topsoil up in the elevator!! :D

Edited by sidegate

• 2 weeks later...

The Office Depot strip center that you took the above picture NEEDS to be the next to go. I know they are supposed to be reskinning the shopping center cat-corner to this one, but it is a shame to have such a great development just north of this degrade into something more befitting of Richmond and Dunvale.

Just curious, if you had to pick one - 2727 Kirby, Mosiac, or Turnberry without geographic restictions, which would you choose and why??

Easily the 2727 at Kirby. Turnberry has way too many units (184?), too large in general, not a sleek or sexy design. Mosaic looks better than that but finishings are nothing great. 2727 Kirby has a sleek exterior design with arguably the best options for build-out (included in price, btw) available compared to the other two.

I have to say 2727 too. Just like the look of it. I know you said not taking into consideration the location but I think that it plays a major role in the choice and 2727 seems to have the best of the three (except maybe the traffic!). I noticed in one of your other post you were looking at the penthouse at the Mosaic and was wondering if you had considered one of the penthouses at the Titan. I think one of those sky pools and that view would seal the deal for me!

Edited by jayshoota

I am not aware of the Titan - where is it located? Do they have a website yet?

I have to say 2727 too. Just like the look of it. I know you said not taking into consideration the location but I think that it plays a major role in the choice and 2727 seems to have the best of the three (except maybe the traffic!). I noticed in one of your other post you were looking at the penthouse at the Mosaic and was wondering if you had considered one of the penthouses at the Titan. I think one of those sky pools and that view would seal the deal for me!