Yes - for 2727.

2727 offers floorplans but also allows you to present your own modified floorplans to them. Pricing during construction ranges from around 500 psf somewhere in the 800 psf range (penthouse, in the 10k sq ft range, goes for somewhere in the mid $8mm range).

2727 Kirby is getting on up there in height now. I drove by it about 10pm last night and all the lights were on inside. If I had to guess, I'd say it was on the 20th or so floor. The same an also be said for One Park Place. They had all the lights on in it too and it looks to be upwards of 25 stories or so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was coming out of Shanghai River late last night and happened to look over at the tower and saw the crane move! I mean, geez. they're putting in some serious hours in it, but I figure they were just throwing up another floor. I also noticed that they (KTRK and KRIV) are starting to show this building more during some of their broadcasts.

It really makes an impact on the skyline when you're coming in on the Southwest Freeway near Greenway Plaza.

I think that when the curtain is applied, you'll really be able to notice the floors getting wider as the building gets taller. I can't think of another building (off the top of my head) that does this.

• 4 weeks later...

In other words, the eastern edge of the building is vertical--that is, about as straight as any normal building--but the western edge is built so that each superior floor extends further out in relationship to the one beneath it, ultimately giving the side of the building a veering left profile. Nothing more than that. The building isn't exactly "leaning" like the Tower of Pisa or anything like that. Just has more of a sloped design.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thats what I love about Houston. An Instant new midrise developement followed with a classy condo tower..

Same here. Due to our lax zoning laws, i have always enjoyed seeing a highrise go up next to an empty field and then watch development grow around it during the following years. i think only Atlanta has something similar to this H-Town phenomenon. Correct me/educate me if i am wrong.

With all the projects going on in Houston, i cannot wait to see her in say, 5-10 years; highrises dotting the horizon as far as the eye can see- especially Inner Loop, Energy Corridor and i am predicting the "new" trend will be to start building along the 249 corridor.

m. B)

The lack of zoning is what makes this city absolutely wonderful.

Screw boring urban planning........

Kirby (from Westheimer to University) will become another dense urban center in Houston.