• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The crane was in operation just the other day and there were 30-40 workers visible too.

Did a quick drive by today and saw workers as well, and it look like they were actually doing stuff...lol. I can't wait for the tower and for West Ave to be finished, though at this rate 2727 might take a while! At this point it's not a question of if, but when it'll be finished

When I was at the bank on Sunday, I noticed that it was definitely taller (maybe by 1 or 2 stories) than the last time I drove by (which was maybe a month ago). So it's not progressing very fast but at least it's progressing...

2727ji3.jpg

The crane was in operation just the other day and there were 30-40 workers visible too.

Good to know. It seems like so little progress has been done over the last month, and I was hoping this thing didn't fall apart.

Hopefully they'll get this thing finished by 2010. :P

It really is curious as to why the construction process has been so slow. In fact, every thing about the 2727 Kirby process has seemed unusually slow. Nevertheless, they seem to muddle on through. The visual impact of 2727 Kirby sitting across from the mid-rises of West Avenue will be quite impressive when standing to the south and peering north.

I just find it curious how they seem to be taking their own sweet time. You'd figure with a project like this they'd want to complete it as soon as possible so they can have some income coming in.

I mean the other projects around town are moving at an incredible pace.

• 1 month later...
I had no idea, thanks for letting us know.

So where is this webcam? I don't see it on their page. All I can find are some really out of date construction photos.

It's under the tour key and then click "watch us rise." However, I apologize because I just realized that the "latest" picture from there is back on 4/20/07.

the touchscreen / control via web when out of town are truly exciting
huh?

Referring to an amenity included (forgot name of manufacturer) that automates a unit with a handheld, touchscreen, mobile device that can also give remote access via the internet. Controls climate, lights, etc., etc.

Referring to an amenity included (forgot name of manufacturer) that automates a unit with a handheld, touchscreen, mobile device that can also give remote access via the internet. Controls climate, lights, etc., etc.

Hacker challenge: Be the first on your block to turn the windows at 2727 Kirby into a scrolling banner by controlling the curtains and lights in each room.

yea that, couldnt remember where i read it. but its super cool, imo

I haven't spent this much energy focused on buildings being built before, but with One Park Place, 2727 Kirby and others I have been paying more attention. But 2727 seems to be progressing at a slower pace. Is this the case, or is it just the normal pace for a building like this. It seems as if One Park Place is going faster.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't spent this much energy focused on buildings being built before, but with One Park Place, 2727 Kirby and others I have been paying more attention. But 2727 seems to be progressing at a slower pace. Is this the case, or is it just the normal pace for a building like this. It seems as if One Park Place is going faster.

I think so too. It's been about a year since someone posted the first picture of the cranes going into the site on this post. I did a feasibility study for hotel within a high-rise hotel/condo tower in Miami and the developer wanted us to use a 30 month construction period. If that's normal for towers, then I guess that leaves another 18 months. The master list, however, shows that is slated for completion in 2008.

• 3 weeks later...

2727 Kirby at River Oaks

Posted Dec 12th 2007 8:04AM by Deidre Woollard

Filed under: Estates

2727kirby.jpgThe latest high-rise in the Houston area is in the Upper Kirby/River Oaks area of Houston. The 30-story tower is crafted in glass, stainless steel and stone and sits on a narrow lot that is less than an acre in size. 2727 Kirby will have 96 units which will be one-, two- and three-bedroom condos ranging in size from 1,250 square feet to 6,100 square feet. Units are divided into residences and "estates" which have an elevator that drops them off into their unit. The residences have fireplaces and a private terrace equipped with an outdoor kitchen.

The building, designed by "Ziegler Cooper Architects, includes a six-level garage topped by the Aqua Level which includes fitness, pool and spa facilities. The west side of the Aqua Level will be home to the Sunset Lounge, a formal entertaining area for dinner parties of up to 50 that has a catering kitchen and a wine storage room. The Aqua Lounge faces east and is a more casual venue with billiard tables and a bar. The infinity pool is surrounded by private cabanas and palm tree and there is also an outdoor fireplace and hot tub. The south side of the Aqua level will include a library, media room, and a putting green. The building will offer private gardens for residents with a green thumb. The lobby will include a large contemporary glass sculpture. Units are priced from $500,000 to $7 million.

(Happens to be from another source as well)