3 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Link?  Source?

Again, I researched and I still can't find an official source. ABC13 is claiming Metro made an announcement which I can't find anywhere.

(Apparently it's from Feb 7th btw)

https://abc13.com/traffic/heres-how-metro-plans-to-condense-traffic-on-katy-fwy/5910424/

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, crock said:

everything i've seen  from Metro has shown the only theoretical BRT stop between the NW transit center and downtown to be between shepheard/durham.     I've never seen anything suggesting Studewood. 

So you're saying you didn't open the ABC 13 link?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Triton said:

Would be cool if we got some Asian eateries here. Like a hot pot or Share Tea/Tea Top/Gong Cha or a 85 Degree Bakery here. 

like half a mile behind this Dumpling Haus and Sticky's Chicken have opened up in Sawyer Yards in the past monthish. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crock said:

like half a mile behind this Dumpling Haus and Sticky's Chicken have opened up in Sawyer Yards in the past monthish. 

I mean real Asian eateries. Places you'd see in Katy Asian Market or Chinatown that directly came from Asia. Even Tom N Toms or 7 Leaves would be a great fit here. Trust me, there's a market for them here. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Triton said:

I mean real Asian eateries. Places you'd see in Katy Asian Market or Chinatown that directly came from Asia. Even Tom N Toms or 7 Leaves would be a great fit here. Trust me, there's a market for them here. 

i mean those are real Asian eateries opened by asians?  are they not real because they started as food trucks? 

57 minutes ago, crock said:

i mean those are real Asian eateries opened by asians?  are they not real because they started as food trucks? 

Oh I see the disconnect now.

No, I am not talking about people, I am talking about the store's origin geographically. Right now the huge rave is all about these chains coming directly over from Asia... Tom N Toms, 7 Leaves, Ding Tea, Bing Su, etc. etc.. These places are opening their SECOND LOCATIONS near Kirby or in the Galleria area. That's why there is so much buzz when these places open in Chinatown and Katy Asian Market... they are established big name brands coming over directly from the Asian market.

Look at the huge amount of buzz when word hit that the Japanese clothing brand Uniqlo is coming to the Galleria.

There are already places that you mentioned that have opened... I'm just saying, I think it would be exciting if we got more of those places closer into town. I'm over using the word "buzz", but I really do think it would definitely generate a lot of buzz for the Lower Heights District if they secured some of these places.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Avossos said:

For what its worth... a "Lower Heights" sign is up on the feeder road. I kind of dig it.

Sorry i didn't grab a picture.

They also added 2 lights on Studemont to slow traffic which is great. What I'm trying to figure out is what exactly they're doing at the corner of Studemont and the I-10 feeder. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

They also added 2 lights on Studemont to slow traffic which is great. What I'm trying to figure out is what exactly they're doing at the corner of Studemont and the I-10 feeder. 

a right turn only lane...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Triton said:

Is Oliver and Summer St still in really bad shape? 3 weeks ago, the road looked like something not even Evel Knievel would dare attempt.

Summer St. currently ends at the apartments southwest side. Lots of road work. I came in from the south side of Target so I didn't try Oliver St.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...