On 7/4/2022 at 12:34 PM, hindesky said:

I wish they would widen the sidewalk on the north side of this next to the feeder road. It's usually a wet and muddy mess and very narrow guessing 3' wide.

O2v7Dv8.jpg

File a 311 complaint. I'll join you. The only way the city does something is if enough people complain. I'm surprised sidewalks don't line the entire entrance walking from the feeder, make's no sense to me. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Updates on the latest retail openings at Lower Heights District from Community Impact last month:

"A slate of new businesses recently opened or are preparing to open at the Lower Heights mixed-used district south of I-10 at Studemont Street, including the breakfast and lunch eatery First Watch and the cocktail and men's grooming concept Scissors & Scotch."

Others listed as coming soon: 

• Thrive Drip Spa

Estimated opening: early 2023

• Salon Lofts

Estimated opening: February or March 2023

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/business/2022/10/19/mens-grooming-cocktail-lounge-scissors-scotch-among-latest-openings-in-lower-heights-district/

A new restaurant is opening soon in Lower Heights District, the mixed-used development at Katy Freeway and Studemont.

More from a September article in Houston Chronicle:

"Flat Top Grill, a full-service Asian fusion restaurant, is headed to the blossoming Lower Heights District, 2795 Katy Fwy., this December...Flat Top Grill, specializing in Asian stir fry dishes, is owned by Dallas-based Mongolian Concepts Restaurant Group which operates Genghis Grill and BD’s Mongolian Grill."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/New-Asian-stir-fry-restaurant-headed-to-Lower-17427339.php

• 6 months later...

Three new additions to Lower Heights opened recently: Salon Lofts, Ideal Dental, and James Avery.

Below is more from an article in last week's The Leader:

Salon Lofts occupies more than 5,000 square feet on the second floor of the building at 2795 Katy Fwy., while Ideal Dental - a full-service and neighborhood-centric facility - has more than 2,000 square feet at 2785 Katy Fwy. and shares a building with Veterinary Emergency Group. James Avery has a 2,706-square-foot boutique at 2857 Katy Fwy.

https://www.theleadernews.com/business/new-businesses-open-at-lower-heights/article_c22a63fe-ebc6-11ed-ad94-934bceb3fc35.html

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MjDaPlq.jpeg

OE8B9jR.jpeg

zs51bAE.jpeg

puejlRX.jpeg

ikMvl35.jpeg

Note: This shopping center gets packed on Saturdays, it's very hard to find a parking spot. You either have to wait for someone to leave or hope you can find one a long walk away from where you are headed but even those are hard to find since it has so many different buildings.