Downtown Restaurant And Bar Market

I read that that Starbucks was going to be some kind of unique mega-starbucks, some kind of tourist attraction, can anyone who's been inside confirm this?

I was in there a week before opening and unless they added some major finishing touches it wasn't nothing to be called a tourist attraction. Honestly, didn't look as big as they made it Out to be either. I'll be out there this weekend to see.

• Like 1

Heard they are putting in a Lupe Tortilla on the corner of Main & Prairie...across the street from the old El Tiempo.  Can anyone confirm?

Nice to see some restaurants coming back to Main st.

They are working in the space that used to be Georgia's Market to build something out. I'll see if I can read the permits on the window next time I'm over there. Moonshiners is across Main now. They seem to be doing well.

http://houston.eater.com/2015/11/4/9671616/pappas-bros-steakhouse-opens-downtown

pappas_2.0.0.jpg

Local favorite adds third steakhouse in the former Strip House space.

The Pappas family needs no introduction in Houston. On November 5, they add a third Pappas Bros. Steakhouse in downtown near Discovery Green and the George R. Brown Convention Center.

• Like 3

Just ordered a ham and egg croissant from the Hilton Starbucks and I paid $7.04 for it!!! Yes, in US American currency. This is the same one they serve at all go their locations. Am I being cheap?

They could charge $10 for that croissant and people would still buy it because there's no competition in the area for the time being.

They could charge $10 for that croissant and people would still buy it because there's no competition in the area for the time being.

I call it the Captive Audience Café effect. It exists for people charging in meal expenses to their employers.

You could walk to Ben's Beans or Phoenicia in about 5 minutes, but Joe Salesman doesn't know that, nor does he care. 

• Like 1

I am really hoping that Greenstreet doesn't turn into little more than an outdoor food court. While there is nothing wrong with this business and I certainly wish them well, downtown needs dry goods/clothing stores more than anything else at this point. I was hopeful that Greenstreet would bring in some clothing merchants: national chains and independents. How about something like a Stag Provisions?

Anyway, I wish this new waffle place the best. Hopefully the next several leasing announcements are for clothing stores.

I am really hoping that Greenstreet doesn't turn into little more than an outdoor food court. While there is nothing wrong with this business and I certainly wish them well, downtown needs dry goods/clothing stores more than anything else at this point. I was hopeful that Greenstreet would bring in some clothing merchants: national chains and independents. How about something like a Stag Provisions?

Anyway, I wish this new waffle place the best. Hopefully the next several leasing announcements are for clothing stores.

Well, they have BCBG and Forever 21. Lids didn't work out.