Downtown Restaurant And Bar Market

Can confirm there's activity at #11. My good friends just opened a clothing store on the second floor called Makers at Main (https://www.facebook.com/makersatmain/). Interesting concept. 

Edit: Based on the map, Makers at Main might be just next door.

Anyone have a link for the Meditation Center? Can't find that national chain.

Edited by Triton
  • Like 1

Can confirm there's activity at #11. My good friends just opened a clothing store on the second floor called Makers at Main (https://www.facebook.com/makersatmain/). Interesting concept.

Edit: Based on the map, Makers at Main might be just next door.

Anyone have a link for the Meditation Center? Can't find that national chain.

This is exciting! A privately-owned clothing store in downtown? Wow! I wish them luck. I might swing by this weekend.

• Like 2

Went to My Pie at Skyhouse and the line was out the door and a block long. Was going to be an hour we guessed and with a pregnant wife at home waiting decided against it. At Burger Theory (in Holiday Inn, opened today) now. Yelp reviews are limited obviously but positive. $10 burgers so we'll see.

The place has a bar with 12 beers on tap, mostly craft.

Will report back on the Holiday Inn thread.

• Like 2

Passed by burger theory this afternoon 1ish nice size crowd.. beats last week were it was dead. Think being a adjacent to the hotel will really help this place

Friday (1/8) was the first day they were officially open. Soft opening was 1/7.

Pretty good burger, a little expensive at $10 but good quality. Price isn't that bad actually taking in to account its a hotel restaurant/bar downtown. But it is a Holiday Inn...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

those patrols have been there, which new ones are you speaking of?

In the year we've been on Main our team has never seen them. It wasn't until this week that we've noticed the segway HPD officers.

I actually stopped one of them and the officer confirmed it was thier first week patrolling.

• Like 2

Down the ways from El tiempo was h2o oxygen bar.  First experience with one of those was in Vegas.  El Tiempo transitioned to El Jefe Bar and later closed around the same time as a two story seafood restaurant on the corner that I can no longer remember the name of.  Dont forget grasshoppers, vault, m bar, and now the Roxy is closed as well. 

• Like 1