Marlowe: Condominium High-Rise At 1211 Caroline St.

Dakota79

7 hours ago, MarathonMan said:

I really wish Randall Davis would design/build a parking podium that is less conspicuous.  Yes, it may cost more, but it would be soooo worth it aesthetically. 

For a guy that likes to provide high end living, he builds the worst podiums in the city. It bothers me working in Uptown and having to stare at the giant white blocks every way I look. He is obsessed with white stucco.

• Like 2

I really thought about buying here and downsizing. It's the only new build for-sale condo building in the market but I couldn't pull the trigger. I knew the end result would be a garage-mahal with no interaction whatsoever with the street. That is moo in uptown but it's terrible in downtown. 

• Like 1

There's another Marlowe in Chicago

https://livemarlowe.com/

settle in for the unexpected

Marlowe brings you the modern comforts of a sophisticated, urban lifestyle with studios, one- and two-bedroom homes to rent in a boutique, luxury apartment.

at marlowe, we believe it’s better to be part of a neighborhood than above it.

Coming soon. Leasing starts early 2018.

Looks like its a Miami based developer - no ties to Randall Davis that I could find

https://chicago.curbed.com/2017/4/13/15284942/chicago-construction-river-north-apartments-marlowe-tower

Project developer Lennar Multifamily Communities of Miami picked Chicago’s Antunovich Associates to handle the design of Marlowe. With its office barely two blocks from the development site, the local firm undoubtedly has an intimate understanding of the area.

unnamed.jpg

Looks completely different.  Why would they be the same name?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Overall this is probably Randall's best attempt so far. However his parking solutions leave something to be desired.

That 8 story wall of concrete doesn't spell inviting or makes for a pleasant view.

I wish someone would post side by side images of the 19 story for West Gray and this building.

Opposites attract!

• 2 weeks later...

This is his best effort so far. I still wish he would learn how to utilize the garage pedestal in a way that doesn't detract from the top of the building.

Of course he isn't finished yet so I'm holding out my final grade, to make sure he doesn't go Kitsch with decorative doodads.

• Like 1