White Oak Music Hall At 2915 N. Main St.

Triton

i went to see a friends band saturday and they played the venue below the tower...it was a fun time...easy parking, good sound and liked the open air aspect of it, etc but for whatever reason the whole feel of the place felt like a temporary setup...i wish i could put into exact words why but just felt like a half completed warehouse that for that night only was having a concert in it haha! the tower was closed i believe so unfortunately i didnt get to check that out! they were testing the lights on the big temporary outdoor stage across the way for the festival that was happening the next day...i wonder how parking and sound was sunday? i will say those apartments and homes really are right on top of this entire development so i can only imagine what parking and the streets are like then and what they can hear when music is playing...yikes! anyway, dont take this as a complaint btw, i love having new choices for music venues and will go check it all out again one day soon! 

• Like 1

I noticed they had police barriers blocking off entrances into the Glen Park neighborhood to prevent people from parking there. Just so happened to be driving down Houston avenue later that afternoon only to get stuck in a clusterf*ck of traffic with everyone then attempting to park in the Germantown neighborhood (east of Houston Ave, west of 45); looked like it was already to the brim with parked vehicles. Noticed one home owner yelling at a bunch of kids walking down the street with beers in their hands. It was a bit amusing. Very happy I don't live within a 10 block radius of this place. Not a complaint here either, but I do feel terribly sorry for all those that live close by it. 

Edited by IamHouston
  • Like 1

Hello all,

I found this forum while working on gathering historic information about our building since tomorrow marks the 98 year anniversary of the building. 

My name is Amos Fitzgerald and I am the son of Fitzgerald's (2706 white oak drive, houston, tx 77007) owner Sara Fitzgerald. 

I just wanted to drop a reply into this forum to answer a couple of questions right away and be here if you have any more. 

I have not read all 15 pages yet so if I am repeating anything, sorry. 

First off, Fitzgerald's on white oak drive in the heights has been owned by Sara Fitzgerald since 1977 and you can confirm that via HCAD.org. 

Sara ran the business from 1977 to 2010 when she leased the building to guys involved with Peggstar and FPSF for a 5 year lease. 

During their lease they had a option to buy but terms could not be reached and some bridges were burned in the process.

The decision was made to not renew their lease so in September 2015 they left our building.

During the end of their lease they were working on the new location on North Main which was a natural segue for them with the success of the FPSF. 

We have no ill will towards them because we are different sizes with different overhead costs so its not likely that we would be competing for shows.

The only issue we have is the confusion about who owns Fitzgerald's, their vague letter saying they were shutting down, and people thinking we are connected. 

We are running Fitzgerald's again after a brief stint with another renter and we are make a lot of renovations to the building to keep it going. 

We are keeping the "feel" of the building intact with using wood ship-lap wall coverings to give it that rustic feel that we are known for.  

If you guys have any more questions, let me know and I will be happy to help. 

Amos Fitzgerald

amos.fitzgerald@fitzlive.com

www.fitzlive.com

• Like 9

On 1/30/2016 at 9:19 PM, Triton said:

North Main underpass has been my home for many years so please if you see me with a sign saying :"I fell off the raven tower and am unable to work...please help, anything will do...", then please feel free to donate.

this never happened.

• Like 3

On 5/6/2016 at 1:36 PM, Triton said:

Rumor is someone fell off the tower.

On 5/6/2016 at 2:18 PM, Triton said:

No, he lived but perhaps this was a while back. Perhaps these renovations are in response to him falling. Waiting for more details.

On 5/6/2016 at 4:23 PM, Triton said:

He fell back on March 11th during the Electric Six show. Will Garwood said they will be upgrading the railing while it is closed.

On 5/8/2016 at 1:50 AM, Triton said:

Oh, I updated this on Nextdoor and the neighborhood email chain but forgot to comment again here. Yea, I highly doubt someone actually fell. It all started when an image circulated with Raven Tower employees were gathered around a guy with blood on the ground. While that image is real (there is a photoshopped version with extra blood), Raven Tower says the guy got injured in a mosh pit. I think there would have been a lot more press if someone actually did fall from the tower.

In fact, you never did say that it didn't happen. 

You said there was a rumor, then you stated it as fact in two subsequent posts, then you said that you doubt it happened. I was just setting the record straight for anyone who came to this thread and read those posts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kylejack said:

You said there was a rumor, then you stated it as fact in two subsequent posts, then you said that you doubt it happened. I was just setting the record straight for anyone who came to this thread and read those posts.

Ok.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kylejack said:

I'm glad you came to the same conclusion he already came to.

Edited by BigFootsSocks

4 hours ago, BigFootsSocks said:

I'm glad you came to the same conclusion he already came to.

No it's ok.. Seriously, to be fair, he is right. I didn't say verbatim it didn't happen. Just when he posted that one quote all by itself, I thought he didn't read a single thing after that. That was my original beef but we're all good.

• Like 1

It's nothing personal, I just know that 5 years from now some rando is going to tell me "someone once fell off tower" because these rumors take on a life of their own. Just wanted to do what I could to set it straight for whoever is reading this thread years later.

In other Pegstar news, though, a Woodlands teen has died from tainted ecstasy at FPSF.

Edited by kylejack
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, kylejack said:

It's nothing personal, I just know that 5 years from now some rando is going to tell me "someone once fell off tower" because these rumors take on a life of their own. Just wanted to do what I could to set it straight for whoever is reading this thread years later.

In other Pegstar news, though, a Woodlands teen has died from tainted ecstasy at FPSF.

Ugh that's awful, that's why you always buy a test kit, and whoever sold her tainted shit is the biggest kind of douchebag

Edited by BigFootsSocks

10 hours ago, kylejack said:

Pegstar is no longer running FPSF-  it's apparently been owned by Live Nation for several months now:

http://www.houstonpress.com/music/girls-death-leads-to-revelation-of-fpsf-ownership-change-8469705

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2016 at 4:45 AM, Urbannizer said:

The group behind WOMH has something planned for this site on Glen Park and Hyacinth. Subdivision plat dubbed "Coyote Acre" on the planning commission spreadsheet.

28550959592_c23c9175d1_h.jpg

Oh yea, thought I had mentioned it last year. Planned to be a nightclub/bar in the neighborhood. They've already applied and received a liquor license for here. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2016 at 4:45 AM, Urbannizer said:

The group behind WOMH has something planned for this site on Glen Park and Hyacinth. Subdivision plat dubbed "Coyote Acre" on the planning commission spreadsheet.

28550959592_c23c9175d1_h.jpg

TABC has a pending application for "Black Page Brewing Co." at 210 Glen Park Street. This would presumably be the site.  Craft brewers guild website has the same address:

https://texascraftbrewersguild.org/members

This would be pretty awesome to have this nearby the WOMH. One more reason to walk over from the rail.

• Like 5