White Oak Music Hall At 2915 N. Main St.

Triton

A rendering of the exterior of Black Page Brewing Co. at 210 Glen Park, part of the White Oak Music Hall development

Rendering is from W Squared Architects.

Qiow1Qf.jpg

Construction is almost done on this. I'll see if I can snag a photo sometime.

• Like 8

Very happy to see some movement around Oui Eats. Coupled with the (hopefully to be finished) Holiday Inn Express on N. Main, Black Page Brewing, WOMH, and Raven Tower, I expect to see quite a change in the area by mid-late 2021. There are still several vacant, high-vis lots for sale along N. Main and Boundary St. that I suspect (if we get some kind of normalcy to our lives back) won't remain vacant for too long.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

I hope the city considers cleaning up the bayou much how they did Buffalo Bayou. That thing is a mess right now. 

Oh absolutely. Little White Oak Bayou is actually really nice. If they added a bike trail and cleaned up the trash, it would look incredible. Here's a blurry shot I have of it:

49975465643_eb84a85d1b_4k.jpg

Little White Oak Bayou by Marc longoria, on Flickr

Black Page Brewery is nearly finished:

49975425468_fcf1ff85cd_4k.jpg

Black Page Brewery by Marc longoria, on Flickr 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Slow progress at Oui Eats... seems they have more equipment on site, have begun working on the foundation, and set up container office by the large WOMH parking lot in the back. Also, the old blue house by the Oui Eats lot has been vacated and abandoned. I wonder if it will be torn down as part of the project.

Some photos:

IMG_20200819_195452.jpg

IMG_20200819_195318.jpg

IMG_20200819_195311.jpg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, southerncrj said:

Slow progress at Oui Eats...

Actually, they've had a small army working on the lot every weekday for the past few weeks. It's been impressive. I think there's just a lot of foundation work they have to do before they can press forward.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Work at the future Oui Eats food Hall site appears to continue, although at a pretty slow pace. This is how it was looking a couple of days ago:

image.png.d5b80287506bd7d7f5691bd320802691.png

Separately, has anybody heard anything new about Black Page Brewing? Triton showed the site being almost ready back in June. I would have thought that it would be open (or about to open) by now, particularly with restrictions being lifted. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, southerncrj said:

Work at the future Oui Eats food Hall site appears to continue, although at a pretty slow pace. This is how it was looking a couple of days ago:

image.png.d5b80287506bd7d7f5691bd320802691.png

Separately, has anybody heard anything new about Black Page Brewing? Triton showed the site being almost ready back in June. I would have thought that it would be open (or about to open) by now, particularly with restrictions being lifted. 

I am not allowed to say too much because there are watchful eyes on this forum but Black Page Brewing has had a number of issues, some out of their control. They can't even get right-of-way to their building at the moment and there is a long back and forth between the city, the nearby neighbors, and a few other "actors". I actually feel sort of bad for Black Page Brewing because the White Oak Music Hall group promised them a lot of stuff and have so far underdelivered. I know I didn't really say much but that's about as much as I can say. Perhaps more info will hit the Chron.

• Like 3

I can only imagine @Triton! oy! thank you for the update though! hopefully this can all be worked out as this really is becoming such a cool area  (and ps...the Justin/Blue October shows went super well even with the new covid/socially distanced rules and set up! such a fun weekend! I will definitely keep an eye out for more shows there) 

• Like 2

Thanks Triton.
I really hope they can work out their differences with the neighbors, whatever those may be, as well as finding better alignment with WOMH's management. It would be a shame for the project to never see the light. It seemed from your photos that they had already sunk a sizable amount of capital. As Gene said, I also tend to think their presence would be a net positive for the area. 

• Like 4

• The title was changed to White Oak Music Hall 2915 N. Main
  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to White Oak Music Hall At 2915 N. Main St.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Slow but steady progress at the future Oui Eats food hall. Also worth mentioning that three of the homes on the strip between Main and Keene St. are gone, including the blue one in @hindesky's post above (see second photo below, taken from where that house used to be). I believe that's not related to Oui Eats, but might suggest a not too distant start to the work on the Marquette White Oak site. 

image.png.f1191b9aff037aea852bf6f7ec114f7e.png

image.png.9b01328df60532608a91c03daab76808.png

image.png.1fcd40b58045b1ef65f5f6429c3653c6.png

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

There is clearly a lot more going on in this area than we are discussing. It appears White Oak now owns these properties and the homes are now gone on the other side of N Main, with dirt being turned up on almost every lot. Looks like more development coming online than what we know.... or it could simply be more parking.

image.png

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Urbannizer is correct. Not sure if you saw the variance request or not.

Anyway, this is the proposal with N Main being on the top end of this schematic (attached).

White Oak Music Hall cancelled their variance request and will work with the city to widen E Woodland St nearby.

image.png

• Like 4

On 5/10/2022 at 3:32 PM, hindesky said:

I guess this replaces the ones where Marquette is building apartments.

I wondered why we had double the teams in our league for volleyball tonight. I didn't see a league for Sideout Volleybar. Now it makes sense. 

• Like 2

On 5/16/2022 at 8:20 AM, hindesky said:

0dEnEDd.png

DVYlvRU.png

All those homes are gone today.

Interesting enough, they used the sites for parking tonight... with debris, nails, and everything else still on the property. Honestly surprised me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1