White Oak Music Hall At 2915 N. Main St.

Triton

15 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Isn't that not much a surprise? The renders and the site plans from 2017 showed spaces for vendors besides Oui Eats, suggesting a food hall or something close to it for the White Oak Music Hall grounds at 2645 N Main

Link to posts here and here.

I don't know if the renders are still relevant either for Oui Eats at Little White Oak. The renders have been public since 2016 or 2017, so much may have been added or taken away since.

There was a new Loopnet listing created with higher-res images posted this time around. The last update to the Loopnet listing for the Venue at Little White Oak was February 19.

I know but not sure we ever got confirmation of an actual food hall, just a layout that could go to retail or other plans. Food hall will have 6 restaurants.

• Like 1

Wow thank you CrockpotandGravel. I'm astounded.

One thing, I don't see how a high rise development is possible on that tract of land. In nearly 4 to 5 years, half that lot will be gone with the I-45 expansion.

4 hours ago, Triton said:

Wow thank you CrockpotandGravel. I'm astounded.

One thing, I don't see how a high rise development is possible on that tract of land. In nearly 4 to 5 years, half that lot will be gone with the I-45 expansion.

I don't think so. The parcel appears to be unaffected by the I-45 project.

49 minutes ago, Triton said:

Hmmm?

Noble Artisan.JPG

That might be what the actual land is like right now and what the proposed highway is, but...

From looking at the massing model image I was able to derive it to be placed like this:

lebj1J2.jpg

The orange is the shape I drew over your original red shape. Looks like, just by eyeballing it in relation to the tower, and dims that I might be able to assume from my experience, that the building should be able to fit.

I bet they won't launch anything serious until TXDoT goes into final plans for this. They are still in the draft process.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Luminare said:

That might be what the actual land is like right now and what the proposed highway is, but...

From looking at the massing model image I was able to derive it to be placed like this:

lebj1J2.jpg

The orange is the shape I drew over your original red shape. Looks like, just by eyeballing it in relation to the tower, and dims that I might be able to assume from my experience, that the building should be able to fit.

I bet they won't launch anything serious until TXDoT goes into final plans for this. They are still in the draft process.

There's just no way. That's basically a line of parking spots with a driveway to get to them. Idk.... they mentioned an acre of land so maybe they don't realize the expansion will come here eventually...? 

9 minutes ago, Triton said:

There's just no way. That's basically a line of parking spots with a driveway to get to them. Idk.... they mentioned an acre of land so maybe they don't realize the expansion will come here eventually...? 

Where there is a will there is a way, and with the measurement tool provided by google it certainly helps. Below is the original image posted earlier:

mUguFA5.jpg

The white is obviously the garage portion.

Just eyeballing it the building is probably no more than 80-100ft wide, and wouldn't you know it, when I went and measured the lot, not in the path of the highway, it was ~100ft. If they replat The Raven Tower site and combine it with the apartments site next door then that could give them more space to play with.

So, so far, we have Good Dog, Double Trouble, Oui Eats, and a possible Ruggles-type restaurant on the second floor? Makes me wonder what the other spots will get.

This is honestly a major development for this area. I just hope there's demand on the Northside for this.

• Like 1

I cannot believe how much it has changed already. I was at one of the opening nights of White Oak and I was like...where in the hell am i?! And i was approached by quite a few sketchy characters in this truly run down part of town....and just knew my jeep was going to be broken into upon my return. (it wasn't)...

and look at this area now.

I know there was alot of resistance to all of this from residents wanting to keep their neighborhood quiet and peaceful but wow I am betting this brings in a whole new life into the neighborhood where hopefully all kinds of people can co-exist and be appreciative of all the awesome things it now offers.

Edited by gene
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gene said:

I know there was alot of resistance to all of this from residents wanting to keep their neighborhood quiet and peaceful but wow I am betting this brings in a whole new life into the neighborhood where hopefully all kinds of people can co-exist and be appreciative of all the awesome things it now offers.

Really I think the neighborhood is fine with a lot of this new development coming closer to home, especially all these restaurants. I know, I am one of them.

I don't have kids but for most of them, they're just concerned about a bar being built literally inside the neighborhood (Black Page Brewery) and the sound generated from a music hall when most of the families have lived here for generations without the constant beating of bass. Lot of people kept comparing it to I-45 noise but honestly I-45 sounds like background white noise (ie, you can't hear it). Now, Gene, as young as we are, sure we like this type of music and we go to these shows (I have my MGMT tickets)... With that though, there are some people that you'll never be able to please, but I think most of them are reasonable and are simply raising reasonable concerns that affect their community. I think most of their headaches with parking will be solved when the permitted parking takes place throughout the entire WOMH area. Oh boy, are people going to be pissed when they realize all the neighborhood free parking is gone.

Annnnyway, yea, I'm excited for these future places to eat. I just hope there's an actual market for these places on this side of town.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timoric said:

As a parent, I and all my neighbors are glad we live near the grocery store that sells beer and wine because I always see them in line with me at self-checkout every Friday night after work (:, we also notice lots of craft brewers popping up, usually adjacent to farms lots of places, the growler is starting to come to neighborhood parties every time.

Yea that's a lot different than a bar being open until 2am in a neighborhood. But I get it.. and honestly, I would not be surprised if my wife and me were down at Black Page drinking a beer. All I am saying is I understand these families' concerns.... Again, for most of these people, they've lived generations in peace and quiet. I think most just aren't ready for such rapid change happening.

But I think all people, including those that don't live here, would be upset if a place blasting bass (even indoors) until 2am showed up next to your neighborhood like WOMH. People can call these people NIMBYs all they want but I'm willing to bet a large majority of people would feel the same way if the same happened to their neighborhood, even younger people who need to get some sleep for the next day of work or school. And I think WOMH made the incorrect calculation that these people were poor, thus they wouldn't have a loud voice or much opposition... until the major lawsuit and the superneighborhood meetings and the city council discussions about all of this. People who don't live here keep saying this area is a dump but when I get some time, I'll post pictures of this neighborhood and show how it's really a different picture than most people have. There are a few run down places but overall, it's not really that bad. Now on the side of the bayou, that's a different story... but there are a lot of newer townhome developments going in over there as well.

But anyway, those are just my thoughts. Change is coming to the area whether people are ready for it or not, and they'll have to adapt. When we expand our bungalow home, the first thing we are looking into is sound proofing. When it came to the parking situation and people pissing in our yards after shows, we grouped together and decided to put in permitted parking, effectively preventing concert goers from being able to park here and come back drunk to their cars.

• Like 1

I think permit parking is a smart idea! i wish we had that for guests on McCue across from the Galleria!

But I think many of the long time residents in that area are just that...long time...and with that...they die off. (sad but true)

so new residents moving in will know exactly what they are getting into....and i am betting that many that actually own and are wanting to sell, will just get the heck out of there and will be able to by getting a good amount for their property (ie. land)...I hope anyway!  

Edited by gene

New contractor sign appeared by the fence, suggesting construction start should be imminent. I am curious about the similar sign across the street, on the eastern side of N. Main (you can barely make it in the photo, in the background and to the left of the big sign). Parking space perhaps?

CAN DELETE - Oui Eats screenshot.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, southerncrj said:

New contractor sign appeared by the fence, suggesting construction start should be imminent. I am curious about the similar sign across the street, on the eastern side of N. Main (you can barely make it in the photo, in the background and to the left of the big sign). Parking space perhaps?

Very good question. I had previously heard rumors of another restaurant there but after Harvey now, they may just use it as parking since that other building across the street floods.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hey all...speaking of White Oak Music Hall! My best friend Justin and his band (Blue October) are having a huge show at White Oak on July 27th and proceeds go to the Houston Police Officers Union...hope to see you there! 

Houston's Music and Arts Festival Featuring Blue October: Main Image

• Like 8

21 hours ago, gene said:

Hey all...speaking of White Oak Music Hall! My best friend Justin and his band (Blue October) are having a huge show at White Oak on July 27th and proceeds go to the Houston Police Officers Union...hope to see you there! 

Houston's Music and Arts Festival Featuring Blue October: Main Image

What's the HAIF discount code??? 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to White Oak Music Hall | 2915 N Main

4 acres for sale

940x0.jpg

The owners of White Oak Music Hall are looking to sell four acres near North Main, including some of the parking for the Near Northside music venue and a neighborhood bar.

Edit: Most likely a large multi-family development will go here.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
On 3/9/2019 at 4:09 PM, southerncrj said:

Been zero activity since then.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to White Oak Music Hall 2915 N Main
  • 2 months later...

More renderings of Oui Eats or Oui Eat at Little White Oak (2645 N Main), part of the White Oak Music Hall development

Pictures from Loopnet:

PhAV2IE.jpg

hQhJJAD.jpg

taD83Gd.jpg

Additional renderings here in the forum.

Activity has started back up again. Looks like this is finally moving forward!

49921672881_e4644b3e68_4k.jpg

WOMH Oui Eats by Marc longoria, on Flickr

49921675701_d1b30798e5_4k.jpg

49921975157_e65a79660f_4k.jpg

• Like 8

Man i hope this world gets back to normal again...and soon. 

One of the things i miss most is live concerts in person.

Plus my best friends annual event here was supposed to be happening in July and for now of course that is postponed....

wash your dang hands people 😭😷🙃

• Like 3