Mid Main: Mixed-Use Development For Midtown

Urbannizer

11 hours ago, swtsig said:

y'all really don't like these?? i think they're great and hope we get more of the same in the area.

to each their own i guess.

Sorry, I just don't think $1300+ for a tiny studio is a great thing. But hey, I'm probably not their target socioeconomic level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't think it's ugly. It will look better when some of that white space will be broken up with signs for store fronts. I take this development as a win for Midtown as it brings residents, retail, and public parking. Yes, parking which is still needed to support retail but will also be used to park and go to multiple establishments. Regardless, this along with the other developments announced or under construction alongside the rail is finally filling in the major gaps in a positive way. 

Edited by kdog08
  • Like 8

A Dentist?  Terrific!  I am not schooled in urban design and urban planning but it does seem to me that there a a few things  broad neighborhoods need and then include doctors (GP's) and Dentists.  Downtown has both and all can be walked to.  Perhaps midtown already has some, IDK.  But it is good to see this one coming and I wish them great success!

• Like 4