Office Tower At 1111 Travis St.

burgower4

I can remember a couple of months ago how everyone was so upset with the glass on this building. I for one think it looks great

and I too love the reflective qualities of this surface. It may be a short building but it does so much for this block.

The curves, setbacks and footprint will create an exciting space for downtown. Where it will be most apparent is from the ground when you walk into this open space. I hope they have something nice planned for the Travis side where the building sets back from the curb due to the curve of the building. It would be nice to liven up the Travis side. Then eventually when they tear down the old Foleys garage and build a super tall it will all make sense.

• Like 8

^^^ upon certain angles and vantage points at certain points within the day, the lighting effects upon this particular edifice can be quite horrific.  however, there are indeed certain moments of the day that the glass reflections are gleaming in spectacular fashion.  oh well, i am now smiling....

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to liven up the Travis side. Then eventually when they tear down the old Foleys garage and build a super tall it will all make sense.

Let's go full circle here. Popeye's Fried Chicken Corporate HQ would certainly take up the majority of a supertall, right?

• Like 3