• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2016 at 3:20 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

One of the John Besh restaurants may be PIZZA domenica. Eater Houston is reporting the pizzeria from Besh and Alon Shaya is scouting locations in Houston and Nashville.
[...]
Another Besh restaurant for Kirby Grove if he is for sure looking to open there is Lüke. From a Restaurant Hospitality article two weeks ago:

Would rather have a Houston version of Shaya, which is a unique concept, and was one of the best meals I had on my last trip to NO. Luke did not impress me, and would struggle to compete here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A dog park is under construction near the apartment building. A 2,500-square-foot restaurant will be built where the contractors' trailer now sits, near a community garden and a space for the Urban Harvest Farmer's Market. The district's de-commissioned double-decker bus is being reborn as a kiosk for coffee and snacks.

Parking is likely to be his first tough issue. To improve traffic flow, two new streets will cross the park east to west, and curbside parking is being added along Eastside and Wakeforest streets.

The park also has 300 weekday spaces inside the One Grove Street garage, and during busy nights and weekends, visitors will have access to 900 garage parking slots.

Parking won't be free, but Brewster said she plans to keep it affordable - in the $2-$3 an hour range.

Burnett's firm is also designing a future "gateway" that will extend the park's lighting and paving motifs northward along Eastside, with 12-foot sidewalks all the way to Westheimer Street - making it safer for Metro bus riders to come from that route, as well as Richmond Avenue.

He expects to begin leasing apartments in September.

He hasn't decided what to do yet with another, vacant acre Midway has leased beside One Grove Street.

Is the double decker one of those touristy London busses with the open air top deck? From the rendering below it looks enclosed. If its open air, I hope they make the top deck accessible for patrons of the coffee/snack shop as a little seating area with an elevated view.

And that "vacant acre" Midway has leased must be the property just west of the office building? I seem to recall discussions on that property in this thread a while back. Maybe use the property to expand the park over and link the green space with Richmond, and/or build a boutique hotel on that site?

rawImage.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

California-based MidiCi will kick-off in Houston at Kirby Grove, serving Neapolitan pizzas on the patio just in time for the

Super Bowl.

MidiCi will join future tenant Kiran's restaurant on the ground floor of One Grove Street, a 16-story office building at

Richmond and Wakeforest in Upper Kirby. The company will occupy 3,868 square feet in January. 

http://m.chron.com/business/bizfeed/article/MidiCi-Neapolitan-pizza-picks-Kirby-Grove-for-9996906.php

Edited by Mab
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...