On 3/4/2023 at 3:58 PM, Andrew Ewert said:

If the bayou could somehow not be the color of baby poop, this development would overnight be the single most picturesque part of Houston.

@hindeskyhas some bayou photos in another thread from the regatta that look quite nice.

Not to mention the sheer density the townhomes are adding (though their pedestrian-friendliness is up for debate).

Edited by __nevii

52 minutes ago, Naviguessor said:

That's exciting.  Would be great if East River became a Maritime/Shipping industry hub.  The location on the BB and being home to the Houston Maritime Center certainly reinforces the concept.   Just need to convince my employer to make the move.   

As a customs/shipping attorney officing nearby, I cannot agree more. Centralized base for all!

Edited by JBTX
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

It would be cool if a developer bought like 6 blocks of Downtown and did something like this. 

I was talking to one of the founders of Concept Neighborhood the other day and he said that the main reason he can make (in his words) "cool s***" is the fact that they own a huge contiguous site. 

In Downtown, while the Skanska and (mostly hypothetical) MinuteMaid developments have multiblock scale, it's still gonna be the TIRZ that does the most.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bookey23 said:

This is a big roadblock to your vision for SE Downtown:

image.png.a529d97a4ca2e1bdde6abcfd4397f698.png

I went through on HCAD and highlighted all of the parcels owned by Golconda Ventures, which is a subsidiary of Opicoil, Taiwan's national oil and gas company. Apparently they've owned most of these plots since 1990 and have been content to just sit on them as parking lots for the past 33 years.

That’s incredibly depressing .

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bookey23 said:

I went through on HCAD and highlighted all of the parcels owned by Golconda Ventures, which is a subsidiary of Opicoil, Taiwan's national oil and gas company. Apparently they've owned most of these plots since 1990 and have been content to just sit on them as parking lots for the past 33 years.

Utterly impossible but how cool would it be for the city to boycott parking at these lots. 

20 hours ago, bookey23 said:

Pretty sure at least two of those parcels (the ones north of Polk) were bought by Skanska and are part of their project (see the picture posted above; smaller parcel would be part of large hotel/residential building planned for the left most parcel in that picture). The larger parcel was originally reported as having been acquired by them, but they've posted no plans for it.

On 4/11/2023 at 12:45 PM, bookey23 said:

I went through the HCAD Parcel Map yesterday to pull that info. Skansa owns pieces of both of those blocks, but they do not currently own the whole block. Also, the portion of the Caroline/Polk block that Skansa owns is teeny-tiny

The parcel map maybe out of date, because it doesn't line up with past reports, or current plans.

• Like 3