Vintage Park Shopping Village Developments

mrfootball

My wife and I decided to pay Ref's a visit last Friday night since we were in the area. We didn't realize until we got there that it was the grand opening. I doesn't look like much had changed on the inside. They added some TV's and changed some seating around but not much else. Having said that, I don't think much needed to be done anyway. It's a nice atmosphere. My only complaint was paying $5.00 for a pint of St. Arnolds Lawnmower Beer. I thought it was a mistake until I was charged another $5.00 for a second round. The place is pretty nice, but not nice enough for me to pay $5.00 for a draft beer that is brewed about 15 miles away.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We gave Ref's a shot a couple of weeks ago, and were not impressed. Our table was dirty when they sat us, and when we requested another table, they took us to ANOTHER dirty table. They were not very busy, so they could've cleaned up.

Another disappointment was the fact they covered their pretty hardwood tables with cheap black tablecloths (which are basically glued to the tables). The only reason this irked us, is that the tables are made of recycled basketball court... perfect for a sports bar!

It seems like there are some bugs to work out, and I wish them the best. Vintage Park needs to keep all the tenants they can!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Here is some information that was emailed to me.  Hopefully they don't mind that I am posting this.  It sounds like the details could change somewhat but sounds like they will have a big selection of meats for sure..

The tentative opening date set for Facón is Thursday, March 27. The designers here are finishing up the website, so it should be up in the next week or two. I can send you sample menus for lunch, salad, tapas and catering for corporate events. The dinner/meat menu is still in development, but pricing for dinner is $48. Salad bar only for dinner is $25. For lunch, the meat selection is $32 and salad bar only for lunch is $22.

The Facón meat menu includes: Tender Dry Rubbed Beef Ribs, Garlic Rubbed Top Round, Rosemary Chicken Legs, Center Cut Rrime Filet Mignon, Tender Caspian Sea Octopus, Marinated Flank Steak, Parmesan Crusted Chicken, Facón Barbecued Beef Brisket, Dry Rubbed Beef Rib Eye, Rosemary, Thyme Bottom Round, Seasoned Leg of Lamb, Coho Wild Alaskan Salmon, House Made Venison Sausage, Citrus Glazed Marinated Quail, Rosemary Seasoned Lamb Chops.

Let me know if I can send you any menus or if you have any more questions. We look forward to seeing you at Facón!

• 3 months later...

Objectively the best tacos in Texas*

You've got to be kidding. I don't hate Torchy's the way some folks do, but they aren't even close to being the best tacos in Houston, let alone Texas. They need to seriously think about making their own tortillas in-house, but I doubt it'll ever happen as that's too labor-intensive for something that most of their clientele doesn't even notice or care about. 

You've got to be kidding. I don't hate Torchy's the way some folks do, but they aren't even close to being the best tacos in Houston, let alone Texas. They need to seriously think about making their own tortillas in-house, but I doubt it'll ever happen as that's too labor-intensive for something that most of their clientele doesn't even notice or care about. 

Nope 100% serious they are objectively the best tacos around

I like Torchy's, but I'd bet I could name two dozen taco trucks/stands with better tacos.

I will be making the trip out to see what MOD pizza is about. I like this from their website:

What would happen if they allowed customers to choose exactly what they wanted without charging more

• 2 years later...

Some great new additions to Vintage Park announced in the Houston Business Journal:

Hopdoddy Burger Bar

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2016/11/15/popular-austin-burger-joint-announces-third.html

Ruggles Green

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2016/11/10/recently-bought-organichouston-eatery-to-add-two.html

• The title was changed to Vintage Park Shopping Village Developments
  • 1 month later...

Archived