Vintage Park Shopping Village Developments

mrfootball

By the looks of the foundation, it looks like a full-service wash/detail.

There's a Bubble's further up Louetta a few miles away near Klein HS.

I hope it is full-service. The Bubbles is simply an Express location, and though convenient, it would be nice to have someone clean the inside too.

not sure if this was reported:

HOUSTON, Tex. -- The Harris County Commission has designated an 81.80 acre parcel of land to be part of a 148 nature park beside of the Vintage Park mixed use development. The land was donated by the developers of the under construction new master planned project.

There is a 40 acre lake that is situated on the 81.80 acre parcel. This new park is part of the Cypress Creek Greenway trail system which is a 50 mile regional trail system along Cypress Creek.

http://www.crer.biz/pages/news/NewsPageReg...e=6&Page=24

Gotta say that the Fish City Grill was MUCH better the second time we went. When it first opened, it seemed a little pricey for what we got. But last night we were much more impressed.

I hope that they permanently add some fish (particularly Mahi and Salmon) dishes to their menu. We still prefer Rockfish, but Fish City is closer and the improvements were a good sign.

Pizza Fusion was very good too. We were not sure what to expect but we gobbled up the Sausage/Tricolor Pepper pizza like there was no tomorrow-it was that good.

And Peli Peli is still da bomb. Their carrot ginger soup is INCREDIBLE!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I shop at that HEB, and get my hair done at the Alan Murphy Salon. The only things that are open in that center are a bunch of restaurants, a toy store, the hair salon and a couple of shops I don't go to due to lack of interest.

It's really sad, this is a nice development but it's deserted. Even the Westin is a ghost hotel. The townhomes built in association with it are at a standstill. On the other hand, getting to/from the HEB is easy-peasy if you go the back way in because no one else is on those roads!

Nice to see the nature reserve going in

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a new restaurant added to the Vintage Park website, Strata..

Strata Restaurant and Bar is an upscale casual concept serving contemporary American cuisine without the fine dining prices. Scheduled to open in early November, Strata brings the culinary artistry of Chef John Ly and his team to the Vintage Park Shopping Center. Featuring an extensive and affordable wine list and high quality ingredients, Strata pleases the pallet as well as the pocketbook. Intimate seating and two private dining rooms provide guests with a memorable dining experience for special occasions or just a great meal with friends and family. A spacious patio area and lively bar makes Strata a perfect spot to enjoy Happy Hour or Sunday brunch.

• 3 months later...

Is this place ever going to open? It's been "scheduled" to open several months in a row now. When I've been in Vintage Park recently, it doesn't even look like anyone is working on the place and there's very little info on their websites other than they are opening soon (which it has said forever).

If they are this well managed, I wonder if they will last long once they open anyway...

Anyway, just curious if anyone knows anything about this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody hear any word about Ref's? I saw the thread about Stats and that is definitely a sure thing and they are almost ready. But I heard through the grapevine that since Pizza Fusion is no more, they were putting a Sports Bar called Ref's in it's place.

Any word on that?

Anybody hear any word about Ref's? I saw the thread about Stats and that is definitely a sure thing and they are almost ready. But I heard through the grapevine that since Pizza Fusion is no more, they were putting a Sports Bar called Ref's in it's place.

Any word on that?

Today is Pizza Fusion's last day. :(

Ref's will be open very soon. Just what the world needs, another flippin' sports bar with nothing more than TV's, beer and fried bar food. Big whoop. :rolleyes:

Ref's will be open very soon. Just what the world needs, another flippin' sports bar with nothing more than TV's, beer and fried bar food. Big whoop.

Edited by GettaClue

Ref's will be open very soon. Just what the world needs, another flippin' sports bar with nothing more than TV's, beer and fried bar food. Big whoop. :rolleyes:

Ref's will be open very soon. Just what the world needs, another flippin' sports bar with nothing more than TV's, beer and fried bar food. Big whoop.

I wonder what their target demographic is.

I liked Pizza Fusion too!!! This is really too bad. My wife and I loved the BBQ chicken pizza. I would like to think this was not due to a lack of business as they seemed to always have a good sized crowd when I was there. But they also had issues with the Vintage Park management that were well known. One was that the owner did not feel he was being given enough waste area for being able to recycle. That was very important to him since the restaurant was built on that premise. I remember meeting the owner at the Vintage Park grand opening and he did not seem to be real happy about some things, especially when they first opened.

I liked Pizza Fusion too!!! This is really too bad. My wife and I loved the BBQ chicken pizza. I would like to think this was not due to a lack of business as they seemed to always have a good sized crowd when I was there. But they also had issues with the Vintage Park management that were well known. One was that the owner did not feel he was being given enough waste area for being able to recycle. That was very important to him since the restaurant was built on that premise. I remember meeting the owner at the Vintage Park grand opening and he did not seem to be real happy about some things, especially when they first opened.

The explanation I was given was that while they had a good number of customers, the cost vs. price models, given their high-quality (organic, natural) ingredients, was not sustainable.

It's sad to me that mid-price healthier restaurants seem to fly in many other parts of the country, but not so much here in Houston. I guess beer and bar food are sustainable here...they certainly help keep the Medical Center in business.

The Cy-Fair section in the Sunday paper had the following short article:

"Chris Toman, the owner of Pizza Fusion, is converting his restaurant into a new concept - Ref's Sports Bar & Grill. Ref's will still offer pizza. New features will include 13 high-definition TV's inside and a 55 inch outdoor screen."

The Cy-Fair section in the Sunday paper had the following short article:

"Chris Toman, the owner of Pizza Fusion, is converting his restaurant into a new concept - Ref's Sports Bar and Grill. Ref's will still offer pizza. New features will include 13 high-definition TV's inside and a 55-inch outdoor screen."