Vintage Park Shopping Village Developments

mrfootball

I know I've ripped on Cheeburger Cheeburger a few times, but I haven't actually tried it... Has anyone been?

While in this area the other day, we were going to try it, but we saw Potbelly and ate there instead. Really good.

Unfortuanately, the center was deserted. :(

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know I've ripped on Cheeburger Cheeburger a few times, but I haven't actually tried it... Has anyone been?

I have eaten at the original in Sanibel Florida many many times for many years and it is great!! I can't wait to try it here

• 3 weeks later...
On Peli-Peli - It's a new concept and was originally listed as Peri-Peri on the vintage park website. I guess they either had a change of heart on the restaurant name or it was a typo originally.

i'll bet it was an asian faux pas.

i dont know why some people here dont like palms, i love them B)

I think of Houston as Southern because of its geography and palm trees aren't generally found in the South. Also, Galveston doesn't look too tropical and palm trees only look good there because it's the beach. That's my opinion at least.

I think of Houston as Southern because of its geography and palm trees aren't generally found in the South. Also, Galveston doesn't look too tropical and palm trees only look good there because it's the beach. That's my opinion at least.

Well everybodys entitled to their own opinion

and with that said, i dont think of houston as Southern, more southeastern

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Isn't it a hospital?

No, the area in question is directly behind the Vintage Park sign that is on the corner of 249 & Louetta (facing NW). The lot backs up to the HEB Fuel/Car Wash area, so it surely can't be a gas station. However, the lot doesn't look big enough to hold much else. Maybe a fast food joint? Maybe more pumps for HEB?

If you go the site plan online, it would be the space in the far top left corner that is directly behind "sign".

http://www.vintageparkhouston.com/siteplan...teplan=siteplan

There's something to be said about the success of this place when the big announcement for grand openings on the website are for a dentist office and a place to mail letters.

Watch business pour in for those places. Time to celebrate and have a good time!

There's something to be said about the success of this place when the big announcement for grand openings on the website are for a dentist office and a place to mail letters.

Watch business pour in for those places. Time to celebrate and have a good time!

There's also highlighted article entitled "Houston We have No Problems" which is not really accurate anymore.

All this place seems to be for now is primarily a food court and banking center (and some real estate and construction type offices taking up space). Of course, the timing for the VC could not have been worse with the economy. But then again, this place didn't really have a lot of tenants before the economy started going south. If this place ever takes off, I don't think it will be until late 2009 at the earliest. It's really too bad. Most other areas that have these type of outdoor shopping areas are pretty successful (Woodlands, Sugarland, Pearland, etc). I can't help but think if somehow this place has just not been marketed well or if something else is wrong. I went to the so called "grand opening" and it was pretty pathetic. Why have a grand opening when there are hardly any tenants. The owner from Pizza Fusion we met at the grand opening seemed to be kind of disgruntled about a few things. Not a positive sign. I just hope the existing businesses don't go belly up while waiting for this place to fill up. I really had high hopes for this place being something exciting for this part of town, but so far it's been a big letdown. Hopefully, things will get better on track next year!

Au Contraire, Sugar Land Town Square has been quite slow to lease up, but many factors there are to blame (bad property management/excessively high leases, the economy, etc). To go along with the economical considerations, many of the shops there bit the dust when they closed nationwide (Bombay, Storehouse, Sharper Image, etc). Compared to The Woodlands/Market Street, SLTS's leasing activity has been quite sluggish, since the site itself is seemingly more isolated than Market Street. The completion of the Minute Maid building, the construction of another office building should add to the demand within this odd enclave. Efforts have been made to connect the town square to other points of interests however, with a new crosswalk, promenade, and new shops between the mall and itself.

Au Contraire, Sugar Land Town Square has been quite slow to lease up, but many factors there are to blame (bad property management/excessively high leases, the economy, etc). To go along with the economical considerations, many of the shops there bit the dust when they closed nationwide (Bombay, Storehouse, Sharper Image, etc). Compared to The Woodlands/Market Street, SLTS's leasing activity has been quite sluggish, since the site itself is seemingly more isolated than Market Street. The completion of the Minute Maid building, the construction of another office building should add to the demand within this odd enclave. Efforts have been made to connect the town square to other points of interests however, with a new crosswalk, promenade, and new shops between the mall and itself.

The above post is correct. Everything's slow. Retailers everywhere are struggling to stay alive. The Woodlands has lost a number of national retailers like Bombay, Sharper Image, Toy Store, etc. If things are slow there, you know its rough all over.

I agree, of course, that things are slow right now. But SLTS, Woodlands Market Street and Pearland Town Center are still way ahead of Vintage Park. Of course, they had a head start and when times were better. They also had many quality retailers signed up ahead of time. VC has almost nothing to write home about yet. Part of this is about bad timing, but VC was not even making much progress before all the bad news started hitting. Market Street and Pearland TC took off pretty quick, but then they didn't have much competition too close by, so there was not a lot of overlap. I really don't know what VC can offer that is not available anywhere else within 5 miles or so. It would be nice to have a couple of well known anchor stores, but I don't think that is going to happen in the current environment, or maybe ever. I just don't want it to mainly be a food court with a bunch of boring retailers I can already find close by.

• 4 weeks later...

Mia Bella was supposed to have opened in December. Does anyone know what the latest on it is?

Also, Peli Peli is supposed to open early 2009. Does anyone have the lasted on that? I am looking forward to trying both of those. Peli Peli particularly sounds interesting.

I drove by yesterday. Mia bella has already started building, but it doesn't look like it will be open anytime soon. Pizza fusion is open though.

Mia Bella was supposed to have opened in December. Does anyone know what the latest on it is?

Also, Peli Peli is supposed to open early 2009. Does anyone have the lasted on that? I am looking forward to trying both of those. Peli Peli particularly sounds interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

Old post I know, but knowing you are a Katy-ite... Don't you think that The Vintage Center, more closely resembles "The Villagio" in Cinco Ranch? At least there is life (beyond restaurants) in LaCenterra. Both The Vintage Center and Villagio are overdone "upscale" food courts with too few tennants.

They seem to share the same problem... low occupancy, fabulous "plans" but little actually to show for it. I think the current economy has taken a blow to the Wanna-bees.

You NW folks, will see what I mean if you ever visit a friend in Cinco and drive by The Villagio...

Villagio = Vintage,

same ****=different location

I think Willowbrook Mall being close by hurt this development maybe. For example, La Centerra in Cinco Ranch is just like The Vintage Center. Only difference is, tenants filled up quick at La Centerra and the second phase already has tenants leased I think. The closest normal mall near La Centerra is West Oaks.

Archived