Vintage Park Shopping Village Developments

mrfootball

That's Section 2, I'm not sure what's going to take up the largest block there, but a Hotel is slated for the inside corner.

For comparison's sake, it looks like they tore up The Woodlands Market Street pretty good too when they were constructing that project:

Satellite Photo of Woodlands Market St. During Construction

It looks like they saved some along the roads, instead of clear cutting it all.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Here is another restaurant that looks to be confirmed in Vintage Park.

http://www.peri-perigrill.com/

FYI if anyone is interested in this Peri-Peri restaurant:

I actually spoke to the guy that is opening it and it sounds pretty cool. He used to own Paul's Pizza Shop, but says it is going to be an upscale South African themed 2 story restaurant with an expensive wine room and occasionally featuring a jazz band. There is a South African themed spice called Peri-Peri that will be the main ingredient used on many of their chicken, steak and seafood dishes. Said he thought lunch entrees would run around $7 -$10 and probably $20+ for dinner entrees. He said 8000sf, though I thought the Vintage Park website had a smaller amount listed... Expected the website to get updated in about 60 days and to open the restaurant in March 2008 or so...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
FYI if anyone is interested in this Peri-Peri restaurant:

I actually spoke to the guy that is opening it and it sounds pretty cool. He used to own Paul's Pizza Shop, but says it is going to be an upscale South African themed 2 story restaurant with an expensive wine room and occasionally featuring a jazz band. There is a South African themed spice called Peri-Peri that will be the main ingredient used on many of their chicken, steak and seafood dishes. Said he thought lunch entrees would run around $7 -$10 and probably $20+ for dinner entrees. He said 8000sf, though I thought the Vintage Park website had a smaller amount listed... Expected the website to get updated in about 60 days and to open the restaurant in March 2008 or so...

Another restaurant was added to the site today - Potbelly... Here is the menu from the Woodlands location. Still not too blown away by any of the restaurants joining vintage park...

http://www.potbelly.com/DownloadForms/PB_FaxMenu_089.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not even sure what a Med Spa is. I drove by there last week, and it doesn't look like they described it in the ads. I was expecting something a lot more... authentic? It just looks like another pre-fab upscale development with no character. Then again, it's been a long time since anyone in Houston cared about that.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed the small sign on the still uncleared land at Louetta and Cutten Road that is marked for luxury townhomes (Vintage di Vita) from City Homes. Their other location, which is in the Pearland area, starts around $240K. Curious how this one will be priced. http://www.cityhomes-houston.com/vintage/index.html

Across the street is another "luxury" apartment complex being built by Sueba, the same that did Vintage Park Apartments. They'll be called San Cierra. http://www.suebausa.com/construction/projects_sancierra.asp

Where are the people coming from that will fill all of these places??? :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

All I know is that the vintage park shopping center is taking FOREVER to complete.

On top of that, they had a large amount of attractive proposed tenants such as Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris, and a huge building for a bookstore-likely Barnes & Noble if not Borders.

Then, within the past few months, nothing has come up. The site has taken down information about a book store, there has never been actual mention of a Cheesecake Factory, it doesn't look like Ruth's Chris is going to go up.

And now it appears as though it will be filled with nothing but nail salons, haircutters, linens, and coffee shops (oh, and banks).

It seems like with all of the rain we had this summer, it really hampered progress on Vintage Park construction. Hopefully some of those tenants will reconsider as completion nears. Certainly they should improve as the HEB traffic to the site picks up.

Shogun Sushi and the new Tasting Room concept are still a go for Vintage Park, as well as Mia Bella.... from what I hear. Honestly, additions of ANY full-service restaurant in the area is seriously needed. Living across the street from Vintage Park, I can tell you there is very little to pick from when you want to dine out in the are.

Yesterday, we walked back into the Patriot Homes area and viewed some of the homes they've built. There are townhomes, but also single-family dwellings, both 1 and 2 story. The 2 story version looked really nice, so I can't wait to see what the finished products look like. At least this is some consolation, considering the addition of not one, but two apartment complexes.

Looking at this location to open up Mi Lunas but i am just not too sure about this town center. No major retailers n restaurants have signed up at this place yet besides Victoria Secret, why?? Town center looks beautiful but it just concerns me when no national retailers are around it yet. Please someone explain to me why Mi Lunas would do good here n why it wouldnt. Anyone familiar with that location please help me out, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Looking at this location to open up Mi Lunas but i am just not too sure about this town center. No major retailers n restaurants have signed up at this place yet besides Victoria Secret, why?? Town center looks beautiful but it just concerns me when no national retailers are around it yet. Please someone explain to me why Mi Lunas would do good here n why it wouldnt. Anyone familiar with that location please help me out, thanks.

This area is hungry for more GOOD restaurants and entertainment. I for one love Mi Lunas and enjoy the Rice Village location, I would go more but it's too far away. I wouldn't be concerned about Vintage Park, because it is going to be a major hit. You've got a large built-in market with great demographics in either direction for miles from Cypress to Spring, Champions to Klein/Tomball. Very little competition in your segment, people here want more good 'inside-the-loop' type restaurants. I've spoken to many people around here who are anxious to see this place open. It will become ground zero for dining and entertainment in the area. As far as national retailers, I'm confused as to why they've been mum on announcements. I'm not sure what CBRE is doing, it should be a very easy sell. I drove by there yesterday and it looks really beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love it if they put a Houston's there. We need one.

The parent company of the Houston's chain is the Hillstone Restaurant Group. I ate at one of their other restaurants (very similar to Houston's) in Denver, The Cherry Creek grill. Awesome food, great bar.

If the Vintage Park marketing people glimpse at this board, please get on the phone ASAP with Hillstone and let them know we want a Houston's.

Another item for the marketers at Vintage Park (CBRE?). There are NO GOOD BOOKSTORES between Champion Forest Drive and FM 529!

An entire area from roughly 1960 all the way to Tomball currently has to drive 30 minutes to reach the nearest Barnes & Noble. Within this area lies a rather substantial (nearly twice the size of The Woodlands) growing market of $100K+ avg HH income residents ready to spend money on books.

Whether it's a Barnes & Noble or Borders, I care not. Just give us a bookstore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=814311

St. Luke's Purchases Site in The Vintage, Pushing Value of Announced Projects in the Development to More Than $1 Billion in Just 2 1/2 Years

St. Luke's and Kelsey-Seybold, a St. Luke's affiliate, together have purchased a total of 40 acres for a state-of-the-art medical campus.

I drove by this weekend. It was really, really dead. This was around 6:30 pm on Friday. There were a few cars at Potbelly, a few at Starbucks, and some at HEB, but not as many as I usually see at the Cypress Market. This could have been due to the time and day. These were the only things I could see that were open. Also, there didn't seem to be a lot of construction happening in the empty (unleased) spaces. But there are some areas of the development you can't see from Louetta, maybe there are things happeing there???

Archived