Vintage Park Shopping Village Developments

mrfootball

Does anyone know if they will be building other homes in the area besides the Vintage Lakes/Kickerillo development?

Have you seen the Vintage di Vita townhomes down Chasewood Park Drive? More affordable than the Kickerillo homes and really nice looking! I went over the weekend and they were super-busy. There are also some homes by Portrait by the railroad tracks. Not as nice but good floor plans on the townhomes and much lower price-point.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you seen the Vintage di Vita townhomes down Chasewood Park Drive? More affordable than the Kickerillo homes and really nice looking! I went over the weekend and they were super-busy. There are also some homes by Portrait by the railroad tracks. Not as nice but good floor plans on the townhomes and much lower price-point.

They definitely do look nice, but I don't know if $130 sq foot for a townhome when you can get large single family homes for well under $100/sf in the area makes sense for too many people...

However, maybe the opportunity to buy at such a prime location (only steps from Cheeburger Cheeburger) makes it worth the extra $... :o

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I have seen the townhomes and Portrait development. I was looking for a new neighborhood in the area with homes built by some of the well known builders in Houston. Does anyone know of any such plans?

IMHO, there are plenty of people who know where this is. What they need, to draw people to the center, are actual STORES...

No doubt, at this point visibility is the least of their concerns. They need a book store, or hit a home run and land a Nordstrom, my wife would move in over there.

There was an article today in the Spring/Klein/Tomball section of the Houston Chronicle. It was all about Vintage Park, and it was a total "PR puff piece" if you ask me. Here is the link, and you be the judge.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/tom...ws/5850906.html

If you buy half of what this article says, I have some oceanfront property in Arizona for you!!! This place just got a upscale pizza place, too - according to the Vintage Park web site. $23 pizzas with toppings like lobster and wild-caught Key West Shrimp??? Gimme a break!!! I live in a very nice neighborhood within a few miles of this place, and I have been so disappointed with all the rumors, and the lack of progress (As well as tenants seeming to pull out).

They need some high end SHOPPING...and some tenants - yesterday!!! Overpriced sandwich shops, burger and pizza joints ain't gonna cut it. Its a total ghost town, and hopefully this will change.

Hopefully they are reading this board and this is their response to all the criticism... That's kind of what it sounded like.

I don't know if they are already trying this, but what I think they need to do is recruit a few true high end "destination" places and just give them an absolute steal of a deal too good to pass up (approach a Nordstrom's, Houston's Restaurant, Cheesecake Factory, Barnes & Noble, etc... )- something that people really would get excited about (none of the current tenant line up apply) .

It's not like they don't have the space available and it should help bring in more interested co-tenants as a result. It would also help generate more positive community buzz (which is all just major disappointment right now)... And even giving away a steal of a deal to a couple of really attractive tenants would be better than what they are getting for all that empty storefront now...

Bottom line is that I personally wouldn't want to try and sell storefront at a premium price while using "close proximity to Cheeburger Cheeburger" as my main selling point. Good luck with all that.

May I politely ask what exactly is "Vintage" about this place? I really hate it when places are given totally arbitrary, non-sensical names like this. "Lakes of _____" when there are no lakes; "_____ Forest" when there are no trees for miles, etc. <_<

Any neighborhood with "Forest" around this area is legit.

Around which area? Houston can be quite diverse when it comes to vegetation. Katy, for example, is just scrubland. No real trees to speak of, especially in areas where developers have torn down what natural vegetation existed there and planted a few weenie trees to replace it.

Katy, for example, is just scrubland. No real trees to speak of, especially in areas where developers have torn down what natural vegetation existed there and planted a few weenie trees to replace it.

In the Katy area, the land usually has more trees after the developer is done with it that it did before.

Around which area? Houston can be quite diverse when it comes to vegetation. Katy, for example, is just scrubland. No real trees to speak of, especially in areas where developers have torn down what natural vegetation existed there and planted a few weenie trees to replace it.

He was speaking of the 249 corridor and along Cypress Creek were the Vintage resides, which is heavily wooded with both hardwood and pine.

He was speaking of the 249 corridor and along Cypress Creek were the Vintage resides, which is heavily wooded with both hardwood and pine.

No matter. I was speaking broadly, not just with respect to Houston. Stupid, arbitrary names like "The Vintage Center" exist everywhere. :lol:

No matter. I was speaking broadly, not just with respect to Houston. Stupid, arbitrary names like "The Vintage Center" exist everywhere. :lol:

Maybe the name "empty stocco buildings with boring stores land" was already taken.

Saw the TABC permit notice posted for the pizza joint. It's called Pizza Fusion. Any place with "fusion" in the name makes me cringe. It is in the back section and faces HEB.

Brix should open next month, and Shogun has blacked out all of their windows at this point. Hopefully it's because it's full of equipment, tables, etc. and the opening is imminent.

I agree they need some REAL stores, but I am excited to have some food options in the area. Most of the time we have to drive to 1960 or Tomball to grab a bite.

I'm glad other people are starting to have the same reaction I had months ago. How long has it been since this project began construction? Over a year and a half ago?

How long have the buildings actually been up and structurally sound? I think it's been a few months.

When this project was first going up, there were rampant rumors/announcements that a Cheesecake Factory was going up as well as a Ruth's Chris steakhouse and a major bookstore. The site even had a bookstore slated at one time.

I agree that Cheeburger,Cheeburger doesn't seem to fit into the character of what the Vintage seems to be intended. Nor does Fish City Grill. Mia Bello is neat, but it seems to stand along in its standing and there are already some great Italian places. Hasta La Pasta isn't too far and La Parmigiana in Lakewood is great.

I am actually very curious about Peli Peli because it seems to be one unique star in this dull area.

Walking around it is like a ghost town.It's one of the saddest things to see. A few nail salons and beauty places is pretty much all there is and all there seems to ever be.

To me, The Vintage is the epitome of bad development going on around Houston. And what's worse is that they are actually EXPANDING this baron waste of a shopping area that has no business.

It's as if some developers think that miraculously, businesses are going to start pouring in like moths to a light. It makes you wonder what they are seeing that we, the consumer, are not.

Actually, it's a very nice center that most people are anxious to see filled up. I'd rather see centers like this (filled up of course) than endless miles of strip centers that you see all over Houston.

If you've seen it in person, its hard to believe the owners haven't fired the leasing agents for incompetance. Beautiful center, large market with great demographics anxious to see this place open for business. Do what the Woodlands did and sign up a few big name anchors as loss leaders, the rest will follow.

For a while there was a place listed as "Steaks" on the Vintage Park website.

I saw a paper sign in one of the windows today for a Trio Steak and Winehouse.

I can't find any websites for this though. Maybe it's a new venture like Peli Peli.

Mr. Football-I apologize for miscommunicating. It is indeed a very beautiful center and I have been extremely eager to see it filled with great stuff. And I am possibly the person most disgusted with empty warehouses that look like fire station garages that are all "for lease" and never fill up.

I guess what I meant by a "baron waste" is the shame if this center doesn't actually get filled. It would then be a waste of a beautiful center with tremendous potential.

And yes, this center should officially be the poster child of completely incompetent leasing agents. I mean, I can think of a hundred different things that could go up in that place that would be unique and would do great business instead of 10 nail salons, 15 coffee shops, 100 title companies, and 30 floor tile places. (obviously exaggerated, but you get the drift).

I hope this stands as an example of the moronic business practices of developers and leasers in and around Houston and hundreds of other cities probably.

Hi all! I'm new to the Forum. I must say that I too am very disappointed in the Vintage Center tenants announced thus far. As I looked at the list of tenants I see 5 banks, 7 restaurants, 3 dentist offices, 1 shoe store, 1 furniture store, 4 real estate/construction businesses, a mattress store and 3 nail/spa/wellness centers, etc, etc. I would hardly call this offering an "upscale lifestyle shopping destination." If this place was supposed to be like the Woodlands Market Street, it has failed miserably thus far. Maybe the downturn in the economy is contributing to a lack of potential tenants at this time. The Vintage Center really is a beautiful place. A lot of time, thought and money has been spent to develop this. Here's hoping that more exciting tenants will be attracted in the future.

For a while there was a place listed as "Steaks" on the Vintage Park website.

I saw a paper sign in one of the windows today for a Trio Steak and Winehouse.

I can't find any websites for this though. Maybe it's a new venture like Peli Peli.

Trio has the same owner as Mia Bella (and Coco's). I guess they offered him quite a discount to lease so much space.

Whatever happened to Coco's? It's not on the site plan anymore. It's a pretty neat place to have. I've tried the one in midtown.

Trio has the same owner as Mia Bella (and Coco's). I guess they offered him quite a discount to lease so much space.

A lot of time, thought and money has been spent to develop this. Here's hoping that more exciting tenants will be attracted in the future.

You got the money part right. I don't know so much about time or thought. I really don't see what people are so anxious about. It's just a shopping and business center, no different from the Willowbrook Commons or the newer Willowbrook center where the AMC 24 theater is. The only difference is that it slightly resembles an authentic southern European village.

I predicted this all two years ago in one of the original threads about this development. I said that all they really needed to build was the HEB store and forget about the Vintage Park, because the HEB would be the only thing that would do well over there, and it looks like I was right.

I think part of the problem is that the concept doesn't fit the area. For one, the old world style of the center is out of place and doesn't give off an inviting vibe. The other problem is that the area around it was designed for upper middle class neighborhoods with the idea of getting into your car and driving to Willowbrook area or 1960 to go shopping. It doesn't blend into the surroundings well at all. Maybe it makes nice decoration, but I could see most people just driving past it.

What they should have done with that land was to add more highrise and midrise office buildings like they have on the opposite side of 249. With the rest of the land, they should have made a nice nature park, complete with a futuristic-looking building near the office buildings that serves as a giant "food court" for all the business people working.

I think the reason there was some excitement for the center is the fact there is NOWHERE for shopping or dining in this area, especially when this started 2 years ago.

I live basically across the street from Vintage Park, and until very recently there were virtually no restaurants, except Los Cucos, in our area. If we wanted anything but Tex-Mex, we had to drive up to 1960 to find it.

As far as retail shopping goes, good luck locating anything from at least Champion Forest beyond HP. There aren't any stores I can run in to pick up a quick gift or clothing item, unless it's at Target. :huh:

There are plenty of upper-middle class families living in close proximity. I see no reason for them to avoid shopping/dining with the tenants of Vintage Park. Oh wait..... there aren't any!!

Archived