Holiday/Days/Heaven On Earth Inn At 801 St. Joseph Pkwy.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

3 hours ago, monarch said:

^^^ are there any current renderings / concepts of this proposed development anyone?

I don't expect much change to the exterior given the timeline. New windows, Sheraton branding and maybe a power wash.

• Like 1

On July 2, 2016 at 6:22 PM, HNathoo said:

Wow, I could imagine the Exxon building looking like the building on the left as a residential project. 

Don't you touch her. She's a gem. We may never see something like that again and it's original. Ignore the historic aspect and think about diversity. If you don't like it at least appreciate how it helps add to the good ones.

• Like 3

On 7/2/2016 at 9:27 AM, IronTiger said:

Well, they have a solid structure up and there's nothing inherently wrong with it, but finishing it in six months seems like a stretch unless they have a near-unlimited supply of labor that can work round the clock.

Well the second sky house is finishing up so that crew will be ready to work on something new...

• 1 month later...

Somehow I don't quite believe it.  If the old Holiday Inn really were about to be renovated into a Sheraton or whatever, it seems that it would be a lot more widely known.  The activity the article references could just as easily be just minimal upkeep.  

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Twinsanity02 said:

The wind blew up  or a bird pooped the tree seed up there. Life is tenacious.

Dig a hole.....

a 3 acre hole 10 feet deep.

let rain water or groundwater fill it up.

come back in a few years.

there is a good chance that there may be fish in it.  

I'm betting its birds popping out eggs too.

Life is, indeed, tenacious,. 

• Like 1

The gates on 3 sides were open today. The air coming from the opening on the west side smelled like air trapped in a tomb for 1000 years. The side facing the south is covered in Human excrement. Giant rats roam the outside of the property.  The stench around the building is unbelievable.  Even the surface parking reads of homelessness even though there might not be one homeless person in site. 

I am usually with my pom poms in the air when it comes to preservation, but this one they can blow up and I would not bat an eyelash.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2016 at 8:36 PM, tigereye said:

We can't blow up this building. What about that tenacious tree up there?!? 

yeah, you have to get approval from city hall, you would also have to agree to plant a tree of sufficient caliper inches to replace it.

someone should sneak in and cover the roof with seeds and dirt. just see what happens.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the windows and curtain wall appear to have been removed (at least that's what it looked like from the Metro rail train yesterday).  It's become very see-through.  Very exciting to see SOMEthing happening with this building.

EDIT:  I had forgotten about this misbegotten post.  I was obviously tricked by an optical illusion.  My apologies for what turned out to have been an incorrect report.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 7