The Allen: Mixed-Use Development At Allen Parkway & Gillette St.

jmontrose

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, LosFeliz said:

That penthouse is really cool but practically speaking, you're gonna need a lot of drapes and thousands a month to keep the place under 80 degrees in the summer months.

Im pretty sure the building is going to be well insulated. I don't think it's they used regular glass windows for the building. Think of the buildings in UAE, Qatar, Saudi, etc, where temps can reach 120 degrees, these buildings aren't made with average glass.  

8 hours ago, 004n063 said:

Are they planning on keeping that giant surface parking lot forever? Feels kinda pointless to build a skinny highrise if you're still gonna have a huge footprint like that...

Depends on what Phase II, if its ever built, will ultimately look like.

21 hours ago, 004n063 said:

Are they planning on keeping that giant surface parking lot forever? Feels kinda pointless to build a skinny highrise if you're still gonna have a huge footprint like that...

I was told that eventually an acre of that parking lot be converted into a green space/park that sits between the current pavilion and the future mixed-use that will be built in the back where the sales center is currently. 

• Like 6

14 hours ago, BEES?! said:

Interesting! Green space is always a nice addition! :) Hopefully they can move on to Phase II. The HAIF Penthouse notwithstanding, I wonder how sales are going here? 

Sales appear to be going very well.  Per a recent Chronicle article, there were only 20 units left (out of, I think, 115).

• Like 6

On 9/3/2023 at 6:49 PM, 004n063 said:

Are they opening up the garage for the gym parking? The lack of parking led me to decide not to get a gym membership there..it was a zoo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shasta said:

Are they opening up the garage for the gym parking? The lack of parking led me to decide not to get a gym membership there..it was a zoo

Supposed to have opened it up now, or soon. They said it would be "early September". I've seen vehicles go in and out, but they still had some cones semi-blocking the entrance, so I don't know if it's really officially open or not.

• Like 4

On 8/31/2023 at 3:07 PM, LosFeliz said:

That penthouse is really cool but practically speaking, you're gonna need a lot of drapes and thousands a month to keep the place under 80 degrees in the summer months.

If someone can afford the penthouse then the their power bill will be no issue

• Like 4