Central Square At 2100 Travis St.

WestGrayGuy

• 1 month later...

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/07/23/exclusive-city-department-focused-on-harvey.html

Exclusive: City department focused on Harvey recovery inks 60K SF lease in Midtown

By Cara Smith  – Reporter, Houston Business Journal

Jul 23, 2018, 2:47pm CDT

A city of Houston department that's developing Hurricane Harvey recovery programs is increasing its footprint and relocating to a newly delivered building in Midtown.

The city's housing and community development department leased 64,000 square feet in Central Square, a 280,000-square-foot Class A office building at 2100 Travis St. in Midtown, the department's deputy director Keith Bynam told the Houston Business Journal. The department will relocate from its 42,260-square-foot space at 601 Sawyer St. in early 2019.

The department signed a 10-year lease in Central Square, Juliet Garcia with Claremont Property Co. told the HBJ. Garcia is leasing the building on behalf of Claremont, which bought the property at 2100 Travis St. in 2014 and launched a multimillion-dollar renovation of the building. At the time, it had no tenants.

When the department first started to plan its relocation into Central Square, there weren't any plans to expand its footprint, Bynam said. The department was actually planning on slightly downsizing in the new Midtown building.

"The initial process of us starting this conversation … started before we really realized we were going to be taking on the complete recovery activity for the city," Bynam said.

An entire floor of the department's new space will be dedicated to its disaster recovery operation.

Central Square is 47 percent occupied. YogaWorks Midtown will relocate from 3030 Travis St. into 6,200 square feet in Central Square this summer. Houston-based Powers Brown Architecture LLC was the building's first tenant; the architecture firm moved into just under 12,000 square feet in the building in 2016.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Confusing picture.  The "weatherball" on top of the Texas National Bank building (921 Main @ McKinney) is visible on the left side of the picture.  Everything I've read says this was removed in 1964 (and ended up at Astroworld of all places).  But the building directly behind the Shell sign, wasn't built until 1967 (1200 Travis).  This picture was posted on a Facebook group and is notated as being published in the Houston Chronicle in 1969.  What am I missing here?

EDIT:  I'm not sure it belongs in this thread, so I started a new one with the same picture. 

Image may contain: skyscraper, sky, cloud, tree and outdoor

Edited by cdenker
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cdenker said:

Confusing picture.  The "weatherball" on top of the Texas National Bank building (921 Main @ McKinney) is visible on the left side of the picture.  Everything I've read says this was removed in 1964 (and ended up at Astroworld of all places).  But the building directly behind the Shell sign, wasn't built until 1967 (1200 Travis).  This picture was posted on a Facebook group and is notated as being published in the Houston Chronicle in 1969.  What am I missing here?

EDIT:  I'm not sure it belongs in this thread, so I started a new one with the same picture. 

This doesn't answer your question, but it will help avoid further confusion. I'm pretty sure the weather ball was on the building at 1300 Main, not 921 Main.

• 2 months later...
On 4/17/2019 at 11:30 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Another retail tenant for Central Square, 2100 Travis in Houston Midtown.

From Eater Houston:

Bonchon, a beloved South Korean chain known for its crispy fried chicken, will open a location in Downtown Houston.

A representative for Bonchon tells Eater that the location is set to arrive at 2100 Travis Street, Suite 110 in the coming months. 

An opening timeline for Bonchon’s Downtown debut has not been announced just yet, but expect it to arrive by the end of 2019.

https://houston.eater.com/2019/4/17/18411504/bonchon-downtown-houston-opening-2019-korean-fried-chicken

Yesterday:

Plan Review Fee
*BONCHON RESTAURANT
2100 TRAVIS ST 110 77002
RESTAURANT BUILD OUT
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

They will need full time cop after hours , i hate the NEW little homeless camp that's set up on Webster - just tons of trash, needles, garbage. I drive my kids home from school past it everyday and I am having to get creative to distract them from grown adults using the street as a bathroom, passed out and convulsing. I'm not trying to turn this thread into a personal rant but it's just sad. With all the resources close by to help, I guess they need to want the help that's out there.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Chi-Char-Hou-Dal said:

They will need full time cop after hours , i hate the NEW little homeless camp that's set up on Webster - just tons of trash, needles, garbage. I drive my kids home from school past it everyday and I am having to get creative to distract them from grown adults using the street as a bathroom, passed out and convulsing. I'm not trying to turn this thread into a personal rant but it's just sad. With all the resources close by to help, I guess they need to want the help that's out there.

I live in Midtown and the district told us to call Harris County Precinct 7 to report homeless issues. They deploy a special unit with social services. 713-643-6602

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 4:23 PM, Brooklyn173 said:

Looks like they are getting close to open with "Training in Progress". Even the TVs over the bar were on.

On 1/5/2021 at 9:56 AM, phillip_white said:

They are training this week and will have a soft opening next Monday, 1/11.

Soft opening was yesterday. They are offering a free 12 piece boneless chicken for Instagram followers, which was pretty sweet. Service is obviously a little shaky, but they did a great job with the space.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Central Square At 2100 Travis St.
  • 6 months later...
  • The title was changed to Central Square Century Building At 2100 Travis St.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...