GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

6 hours ago, monarch said:

^^^ HOTEL ALESSANDRA is STILL undergoing construction.  surely, certain areas of this edifice are going to be a bit "barren" when they are still undergoing the design and decorative stages.  the pool terrace shrubbery/plants are normally the first to come out before all of the other terrace's decor.  EVERYBODY knows this... right?

I'm sure that they will lug out some chairs and loungers.  But, no other amenities (bar, fire pits, etc).  Now, with all of your postings of amazing resorts, including many resort pools from around the world, can you legitimately tell me that this pool will look anything like those (or the 4 seasons a block away for that matter)?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, UtterlyUrban said:

I'm sure that they will lug out some chairs and loungers.  But, no other amenities (bar, fire pits, etc).  Now, with all of your postings of amazing resorts, including many resort pools from around the world, can you legitimately tell me that this pool will look anything like those (or the 4 seasons a block away for that matter)?

^^^ did ALESSANDRA'S management indicate to you that they have NOW COMPLETED their pool/hotel amenities thereof?  pardon me, dear sir, but it sounds as though you have first-hand knowledge of these proposed/ongoing plans directly from of the VALENCIA GROUP.  who's to say that they shall not harbor a "bar, fire pits, etc" i have no knowledge of this hotel's most intimate design plans forthcoming.  however, it certainly seems to me that they are in earnest trying to achieve the very best with the limited spacing that they now harbor at GREENSTREET.  i for one, shall be very patient until the GRAND OPENING.. before i start to administer profound critiques of this hospitality venue.  it's the very least that i can do since this edifice is STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION! 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, monarch said:

i for one, shall be very patient until the GRAND OPENING.. before i start to administer profound critiques of this hospitality venue.  it's the very least that i can do since this edifice is STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION! 

Excuse me, but you have been giving "profound critiques" on this property since BEFORE construction started.  You have been profoundly effusive in this thread DURING construction.  I have a sneaky suspicion that if I had said:

"my gawd, this is the most delicious and stunning pool that I Have ever seen!  This hotel is munificent in its appearance  and, dare I say,  elegance.  Look at how luxuriously simple the lines of the pool are!  Where others have kitsch, this is a clean and calming oasis suitable for the world-class hotel that it is!"

that you would have liked the post, quoted me, and told me how correct I was.  The fact that it's still under construction would never have entered the dialog.  

So, how about this:  I think the pool deck looks like a Hampton Inn.  You think that they will trot out something magnificent in the next couple of weeks.  Maybe even something that will look like all those resort pictures you have posted.  Ok, I'll wait.

Edited by UtterlyUrban
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2017 at 0:50 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

From Houston Chronicle today:

London-based recruiting firm Spencer Ogden announced Monday it would move its Houston operation into a former downtown nightclub, furthering the company's reputation for cutting-edge and quirky office space. 

The move is part of an expansion by the company, which grew its Houston staff to 50 from five in 2011. It plans more hiring through 2017. 

The new space, slated for mid-August move-in, will sport Astroturf floors and cowhide furniture. The company did not name the former nightclub, but said it was a 12,000-square-foot space in the GreenStreet center downtown. 

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/bizfeed/article/Spencer-Ogden-houston-night-club-office-11720317.php

It has to be what's replacing Scott Gertner's Sky Bar.

yep.

Once it was gutted to be a SuperbOwl party space, it was no longer quirky.

On 4/25/2016 at 4:09 PM, astros148 said:

I didnt realize but NRG does take up the first floor as well. It takes up way to much space in Greenstreet for it to ever be a retail hub, It has to be leasing out atleast a third of available space. Also for gods akes I hope they put some sort of advertisement or billboard next to the hotel in that ugly empty wall

On 4/25/2016 at 4:17 PM, cspwal said:

It's so strange to have NRG occupy prime retail space - I would guess that it doesn't match their needs very well, and they only got it because Houston Pavilions was desperate at the time.  They need to figure out a way to attract a few big anchors; bring the big guys in and little stores will pop up too to take advantage of the traffic.

On 4/25/2016 at 4:28 PM, astros148 said:

it looks like the hotel wont even come off as nice as the renderings. I wonder how long that NRG lease is for? As long as NRG is there, its not going to be a retail hub. It takes up way to much prime space

This will change next year. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

http://realtynewsreport.com/2017/08/23/major-lease-at-one-shell-plaza-opens-the-door-for-upgrade-at-greenstreet/

T

he departure of NRG from GreenStreet, 1201 Fannin, opens the door for a redevelopment of the mixed-use project, which was originally developed as Houston Pavilions.

The Houston-based firms, Midway and Lionstone Investments, own GreenStreet, a 570,000-SF mixed-use project that is being evaluated by architects for significant improvement.

“Lionstone and Midway engaged a team including Gensler and Streetsense to design the four-city-block urban campus with dramatically redefined interior and exterior spaces from the ground floor to the office tower and attached parking garage,” the GreenStreet owners said in a statement. “The next phase of GreenStreet’s re-envisioning, which started under its new ownership in 2015, will maximize the experience of GreenStreet as the most attractive alternative to traditional office environments in downtown.”

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...