2008 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Obama (D-IL) vs. McCain (R-AZ)

Trae

Next United States President  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One

• Barack Obama
    • John McCain
    • Other

It is a crime to hack into others' servers. It is not a crime to look at data on your own server.

Mark,

I don't hate sarah palin. I hate the thought of a candidate even more unqualified than GWB being near the white house. And I disagree with almost everything you wrote in those couple of posts. With the economic and financial meltdown currently occuring does anyone really want a POW who admits he knows nothing about the economy and a self described hockey mom in charge?

You don't need to answer me. But from you posts I suspect that you have far more to lose in an economic collapse than I do. Be careful who you vote for. An R next to one's name clearly does not make one an economic expert.

Red

I am quite disturbed with this paper shell game that's being played over the last few days with all these bailouts, which Obama hasn't said anything other than they were necessary, that statement alone he knows crap about economics. And McCain is flipped so many times I know he has know what to do. This instability happening right now is self inflicted, that's for damn sure, and now I'm footing the bill. And Wall street is all jumping up and down about this rebound. Like I've been saying for days, this house of cards is getting scary. As bad as I really disliked Alan Greenspan at times, he would have never let this happen. This idiot Bernanke running lose at the FED is really killing us, someone has got to reign him in, or just plain shoot him. I really don't see either of the folks running for this next term, having a clue how to fix it. Whoever has McCain's ear now, I hear it's now Greenspan (that would be a good thing), has him saying the right things, but a few days ago, all was "fundamentally good" the same day we are bailing out yet another financial idiot. Now Pelosi is talking to the big three in Detroit, all day today in chambers? You can bet your ass they are calling in their marker. Where does this madness end.

Yeah it's not pretty.

Yesterday

1000 shares of AAPL -8.27

5000 shares of GOOG -23.72

1000 shares of YHOO -0.32

1000 shares of T -1.11

15000 shares of CVX -0.04

Today

Yeah it's not pretty.

1000 shares of AAPL +6.26

5000 shares of GOOG +24.59

1000 shares of YHOO +2.00

1000 shares of T +0.28

15000 shares of CVX +2.38

And this is suppose to make someone happy? Horse-crap!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now about this "Hockey Mom" as you all love to refer to her, I have been very curious about her myself. And I am not talking about her bra size, she's not really my type. I fall along the more exotic lines when it comes to skirts. But I was curious just how much of a job she was really doing up in Alaska, I asked a few close friends that have had direct dealings with her. I held a Supervisory position up on the slope for a couple of years, but before she same along. Now I sat across from Murkowski on several occasions with the BLM and he was just like the most of the beauraucrats in those positions, he just wanted to get paid, and what's in it for him. Now my good friend Johnny Lowe deal with this "Hockey Mom" on a regular basis. He didn't have a lot of good to say about her, and described her as a "tough, hardheaded, delicate flower" Says she held Conoco's feet to the fire when it came to continuing to be able to work on the slope. He did say she was fair to an extent, but she just doesn't play ball or play well with others in the board room. He did laugh when he told me she called Mulva a "pompous slug", to his face in Fairbanks. Jim Mulva is the head honcho at Conoco. And in a way he is a pompous slug, I know the man personally. Any person man or woman that has that view of Mulva and will tell him to his face, I can respect that. She may not have a lot of experience, but she is evidently a quick study. Some people can pull that sort of thing off. People that can pay attention and think on their feet, all while keeping their emotions in check, can go far i this world. I come up short on the latter there more times than not, because i wear my emotions on my sleeve. Their are many people in the downtown Petro-Clique that will tell you I am one of the biggest ass-holes you'll ever meet. But those same will tell you, that there is never a doubt where you stand with me, and my word is my bond. It's when things are tough when I get the call, not when things are easy. Of course no one is going to pay $2500 a day for something easy, and I get bored easy. So I am what's known as a wet-boy in this business, kinda like a fixer. People hire me to make it happen, not talk about it for days and then go play golf. I hit the ground running, and don't let up till the task is complete. Being the person I am, I a believer in people that can make it happen, I only hire people that can do that. My vote is basically my way of hiring someone. Right now I have yet to say who I am voting for, but I will not stand by and watch BS be called golden when it's not. Today McCain and Obama both want to fire Chris Cox, sounds like same old rhetoric from both sides. If you read back many pages when Obama came into the picture, I was giving him a fair look, but he's caved in on a lot of things, and flipped on a few more. McCain can't make his mind up. And Joe Biden wants to measure my patriotism on the amount of taxes I pay. Talk about a pompous idiot. I damn near pay his annual salary in income tax every year, and this asshole wants to try and measure my Patriotism on the amount of taxes I pay. Screw him and the donkey he rides on. Somebody better muzzle that idiot or Obama won't have a chance. Joe Biden has a track record of saying stupid ass stuff, that craters himself. look at his last Presidential campaign. He's right up their with Clayton Williams when it comes to speaking in public off the cuff, and I like Claytie, but Biden is an idiot. If Obama's handlers don't get a muzzle on that mutt, he can get ready for to call the fire department to put out the flames.

You see we don't have a clear cut winner here for either side. Both sides are weak in their own areas. But this stupid worry and BS overs emails and pregnant daughters, is he a Muslim is he not, is his former pastor an idot or not, who in their right mind gives a damn, what the media says, because they all lie their asses off. People are baiting each other with crap the media drums up. Their is no such thing as an honest concise reporter anymore. Walter Cronkite is history. We all found out Dan Rather was an idiot, and shot himself in the foot.

Make a conscientious decision on your own, vote your conscience and convictions, and I'll see you at the polls.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

New polls coming out now show Obama going ahead. He is also leading in Indiana now. The bounce has stopped for McCain. The electoral vote map is still showing the bounce, but that's going to go away soon as state polls lag behind national polls.

If you're going by THAT standard:

Clinton:

BS in Foreign Service in 1968 from Georgtown Univeristy

Juris Doctor from Yale in 73

GW Bush:

College:

Yale University, bachelor's degree, history

Graduate School:

Harvard University, Master of Business Administration

Abe Lincoln:

formal education consisted of about 18 months of schooling, but he was largely self-educated and an avid reader

Nice research. But Lincoln was a good president at a time when we don't have aeroplanes, bombs, computers, people in the moon, and Iran, Iraq, Israel, China, and Russia as we have them now. Our relationship with UK was a lot different then. We haven't had any World War. It's a different world now, 39 + 100 + 8 years different.

Mark,

I don't hate Sarah Palin. I've never met her.

That said, I do love and respect this country and our government. It is my opinion that McCain/Palin would be a disaster for this nation. Just two more in a long line of Republicans running for national office by belittling the government and promising to make it smaller, less expensive, and less invasive in all of our personal lives.

Well, that's the banner every Republican since Nixon has run under. How's that been working out for us?

Here's the big news in Boston today...

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politi...n_raises_e.html

Edited by KinkaidAlum

Actually guessing someones password is hacking by definition. That's all hacking is, unauthorized accessing something by use of a computer. It's like reading someones mail because it wasn't sealed properly, it's not addressed to you, it's not yours. Email laws have come full circle since the beginning. Emails are now considered legally documents, also the use of disclaimers at the end od emails, gives you legal protection in certain instances. Might be surprised by what all can be prosecuted, if they really want to.

Sure snail mail is protected under federal laws, but internet is a different cup of tea, one the justice department will tell you they haven't figure out. I will believe that if someone owns up to guessing other people's passwords they can be prosecuted. But how do you determine she owns those email accounts in the first place. I bet there are email accounts of GWB, and other popular names that are being used by Nigerian scammers. that's why government agencies and corporate business have proprietary email addresses. If you hack larry.kellner@continental.com or something like that sure they will gun you down, but if you get a free flight offer from lkellner@yahoo.com it's probably your neighbor's kids playing pranks on you.

Did I make it sound like you don't use email. I'm sorry. It's bad that some people hack into those accounts, worse that McCain staffers acknowledge they are her accounts by fuming about lawsuits, the worst is that we're talking about a lady who might be vice president come 2009.

Oh snap. Time for the DJ to spin some Moderate records in this club...

None of the emails that were posted by the hacker contained any "OFFICIAL BUSINESS" as you like to put it. The are personal emails between mostly her family, and friends, she briefly states a few times about how she has been swamped in her duties as Gov. hardly can be construed as "OFFICIAL BUSINESS". The state attorney of Alaska has reviewed them as well as the Attorney Generals office, and the only thing being looked at now is how the can prosecute the punk that did this and the website that posted them.

I don't know how accurate or inaccurate the "Official Business" claim is from the rumors, but it doesn't matter what the content was. NO ELECTED OFFICIAL, ESPECIALLY A GOVENOR, AND ESPECIALLY SOMEONE RUNNING FOR PREZ OR VICE-PREZ SHOULD USE A COMMERCIAL E-MAIL! That's the point. That's horrible judgement on Palin's part, not because someone hacked into her e-mail (that could happen to anyone), but the Vice-Presidential candidate USED YAHOO!!! YAAAA...HOOOO! C'mon, man! This is a day in age where celebrity cell-phones have been hacked by dudes on the streets. Even personal business with family and friends are not something you'd want the wrong hands receiving when being so close to the White House.

That being said though, it won't effect my vote. But hopefully she and the other candidates learn from this and protect themselves more before either side gets elected.

Seems like McCain is playing second fiddle to Palin, if you follow the attack plan of the left. They are going after her with both barrels, and for what, to try and sway a vote? If you ask me, they are cutting their own throat.

I agree 100%.

Here's my advice for both political parties:

Democratic Party: IGNORE PALIN UNLESS YOU'RE JOE BIDEN. She's not running for President. McCain is. She may have substance, but we haven't seen it yet. All we've heard from her is a bumble-interview with Charles Gibson, an kissing interview with Sean Hannity on a network that would do anything to help her, her repeating her RNC speech everywhere on the campaign trail as if we Americans are too dumb to notice, and questions on her so-called "scandals" or family issues. And the media's dumbing down by focusing on the state trooper developments as if anyone really gives a damn.

Focus on the issues, and keep trying to build substance. All these polls for either candidate is temporary. If EITHER party up in any of the debates, that party has just lost the White House. Until the last debate, don't believe any of the "polls", because it's been mostly a personality contest than a Presidential challenge.

Republican Party: GET MORE SPECIFIC ON THE ISSUES, AND HOW "CHANGE" WOULD OR WOULDN'T BE IMPLIMENTED.

There's too much generalization. I keep hearing "We're going to change Washington," but I've yet to see any solid plans to how they plan on changing it more than Obama/Biden, who represent a party other than the current White House. I've also yet to hear an economic plan from McCain as to how much what his goals are in terms of exactly how much he'd want to spend, investing in, and who it would or wouldn't benefit.

What specifically do they support Bush on, and what policies do they not support Bush on? Or is it that they support Bush's policies but don't support his implimentation of those policies? Break it down, because if that'd not clear, the "change" claim is irrelevant. And if they support Bush's policies and implimentation, that's not change at all. And maybe change isn't needed. I'm yet to hear anyone say what McCain/Palin want to change in the White House from the past eight years of a Republican White House.

I'm hoping that question gets asked and addressed in the upcoming debate

Democratic Party: IGNORE PALIN UNLESS YOU'RE JOE BIDEN. She's not running for President. McCain is. She may have substance, but we haven't seen it yet. All we've heard from her is a bumble-interview with Charles Gibson, an a$$-kissing interview with Sean Hannity on a network that would do anything to help her, her repeating her RNC speech everywhere on the campaign trail as if we Americans are too dumb to notice, and questions on her so-called "scandals" or family issues. And the media's dumbing down by focusing on the state trooper developments as if anyone really gives a damn.

Seriously, wow, did you see her interview with Hannity!?!? OMG I was waiting for him to ask her what her favorite color is! What a joke!! HA HA HA HA

Mark,

I don't hate Sarah Palin. I've never met her.

That said, I do love and respect this country and our government. It is my opinion that McCain/Palin would be a disaster for this nation. Just two more in a long line of Republicans running for national office by belittling the government and promising to make it smaller, less expensive, and less invasive in all of our personal lives.

Well, that's the banner every Republican since Nixon has run under. How's that been working out for us?

Here's the big news in Boston today...

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politi...n_raises_e.html

From:http://yglesias.thinkprogress.org/archives/2008/09/top_ten_mccain_foreign_policy_gaffes.php

McCain thinks the recent conflict between Russia and Georgia was

My BF stays tuned into the tinfoil hatters, where there is much talk out there about McCain's onset of dementia. Sometimes I'm inclined to believe it. SOmething to contemplate. I mean, Reagan lost it but had the fomer head of the CIA and James Baker calling the shots for him. McCain's got Phil Gramm and a couple of Karl Rove's second-stringers.

My BF stays tuned into the tinfoil hatters, where there is much talk out there about McCain's onset of dementia. Sometimes I'm inclined to believe it. SOmething to contemplate. I mean, Reagan lost it but had the fomer head of the CIA and James Baker calling the shots for him. McCain's got Phil Gramm and a couple of Karl Rove's second-stringers.

I'd give him the benifit of the doubt that it probably isn't demetia. A case of shooting his mouth off before thinking perhaps? Whatever the case it is not good for someone who wants to be president.

All we've heard from her is a bumble-interview with Charles Gibson, an a$$-kissing interview with Sean Hannity on a network that would do anything to help her

Seriously, wow, did you see her interview with Hannity!?!? OMG I was waiting for him to ask her what her favorite color is! What a joke!! HA HA HA HA

I think both of you are saying the same thing.

What do "fiscally conservative" Republicans think about Bush's new plan to bail out the economy?

I wonder if McCain still thinks our fundamentals are strong?

This is getting laughable. Our so-called free market really just means no regulations, shady practices, huge executive bonuses and kickbacks, and now government bailouts when it all comes crashing down.

How in the hell are we taxpayers going to be able to afford this? Are we going to continue to cut things like veteran's care, WIC, school lunch programs, and funding to things like roads and national parks in order to bailout people who have net worths that rival the GNP's of small nations?

Obama continuing to go further ahead in the polls... not good for McCain as we are getting closer to election day... Gallup now has Obama up 50% to 44%. :D

All we've heard from her is a bumble-interview with Charles Gibson, an a$$-kissing interview with Sean Hannity on a network that would do anything to help her

I think both of you are saying the same thing.

Yes... yes we were. :huh:

I wonder if McCain still thinks our fundamentals are strong?

This is getting laughable. Our so-called free market really just means no regulations, shady practices, huge executive bonuses and kickbacks, and now government bailouts when it all comes crashing down.

McCain was against market regulations before he was for them. This guy is just completely clueless. If John Kerry lost credibility for his gaffe about his support for the Iraq war, McCain should be tumbling in the polls for his long series of major gaffes about the economy.

Just look at how differently Obama and McCain handle themselves:

http://www.jedreport.com/2008/09/the-contr...obama-vs-j.html

One is acting like a leader in a time of crisis; the other is acting like a child trying to blame someone else while offering no original ideas. To think there was once a time when I respected McCain...

Did anyone catch this?

"Opening up the health insurance market to more vigorous nationwide competition, as we have done over the last decade in banking, would provide more choices of innovative products less burdened by the worst excesses of state-based regulation." - John McCain

You know, I don't think suggesting health care going down the path of our financial system (if you were President) is the smartest thing to suggest in a week like this. Also, here is that economic video:

I was waiting for Hannity to ask Palin out...

Obama continuing to go further ahead in the polls... not good for McCain as we are getting closer to election day... Gallup now has Obama up 50% to 44%. :D

I know I've said it many times before, but the polls do not matter right now with the exception of the fact that we had the Presidential Forum on Sept. 11. The first true poll of substance will be the day after the first debate, which IIRC will be this coming Thursday, and even that will be temporary. A more reliable source to see how people will vote is to listen to what's being said around the water coolers at work, yo.

Just to show you how unreliable the poll numbers are, look at how the poll numbers are so different on CNN, Fox News Channel, and MSNBC on the same night. One's more moderate, one's a far-right, and the other's leanin' to the left, to the left (Big-up to Beyonce). I remember a couple weeks ago, CNN had Obama leading McCain by 2%, MSNBC had Obama leading by over 4%, and Fox News had McCain leading by 3%.

Don't forget that some of these networks have their own agenda or target audience

I was waiting for Hannity to ask Palin out...

I know I've said it many times before, but the polls do not matter right now with the exception of the fact that we had the Presidential Forum on Sept. 11. The first true poll of substance will be the day after the first debate, which IIRC will be this coming Thursday, and even that will be temporary. A more reliable source to see how people will vote is to listen to what's being said around the water coolers at work, yo.

Just to show you how unreliable the poll numbers are, look at how the poll numbers are so different on CNN, Fox News Channel, and MSNBC on the same night. One's more moderate, one's a far-right, and the other's leanin' to the left, to the left (Big-up to Beyonce). I remember a couple weeks ago, CNN had Obama leading McCain by 2%, MSNBC had Obama leading by over 4%, and Fox News had McCain leading by 3%.

Don't forget that some of these networks have their own agenda or target audience

Hannity is more Ann Coulter's type... and as for polls... I like to follow the daily Gallup poll... it's usually less "bias" than others... more reliable I think.

Umm.....Htown....you are in direct violation of Trae's rules, you are NOT, I repeat, NOT to look at the Gallup polls as they do not hold any real substance anymore. They mean nothing, they are a figment of the publics imagination. Tell him Trae.

I'll look at them if I want to so :P . he he he

Regarding Raines, McCain's ads are lying:

Obama's campaign says Raines is not an Obama adviser and that McCain's campaign knows it because Raines said so in an e-mail earlier this week to Carly Fiorina, a top McCain adviser. Obama's campaign provided The Associated Press with a copy of the e-mail.

"Carly: Is this true?" Raines asks above a forwarded note informing him that Fiorina was on television saying he was an Obama housing adviser. "I am not an adviser to the Obama campaign. Frank."

Obama's campaign says Fiorina did not respond.

McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said he was not aware of the e-mail to Fiorina, but noted that the Post reported on three occasions, between July 16 and Aug. 28, that Raines was advising Obama.

"If he was not advising, obviously someone somewhere along the way should have corrected the record," Rogers said.

Obama spokesman Bill Burton said he has since asked the Post for a correction. Burton said Obama only met Raines once briefly at an event, and that Raines sought an introductory meeting with Obama Senate aide Mike Strautmanis. At that meeting, Burton said no advice was sought from or given by Raines, who also had served as President Clinton's budget director.

Link

Regarding Raines, McCain's ads are lying:

Link

Raines himself said that Obama has called him for advice. I guess you'll say that Obama has never heard of Gorelick either, and we all know Obama has never slammed some Stoli with Bill Ayers while discussing how the old USSR was so great. :rolleyes:

Hannity is more Ann Coulter's type...

I highly doubt that lol. During the Republican Primaries (dunno if it's on youtube or not), Ann Coulter said on Hannity & Colmes that if it came down to McCain vs. Clinton, she would vote for Clinton, because she didn't like McCain and didn't consider him as conservative as Clinton. To which Colmes replied, "I quit."

and as for polls... I like to follow the daily Gallup poll... it's usually less "bias" than others... more reliable I think.

I'm not too familiar with the gallup polls because I've been allergic to polls for quite some time. Every time I see one, I sneeze. Ah-choo!

But oye, where's the source of the Daily Gallup polls? Are they independent?

All of the HAIF
None of the ads!
HAIF+
Just
$5!