lockmat

The James, Ivy, Park Place River Oaks, Westheimer & Mid Lane Mixed-Use

Wow really hope the second part gets built, that would be such a high density development. 

Aerial_1_Phase1_PRINT.jpg

Whatever happened to the Westheimer/railroad crossing grade separation study? Couldn't they just construct some sort of berm-tunnel over the tracks and have Westheimer go over the berm? I'm thinking cut-and-cover tunnel construction, just without the cutting. A berm crossing would be much less objectionable than a bridge one would think. On the east side of the tracks you might have to close the Westheimer/Suffolk intersection, but surely the Mid Lane intersection could remain open--the incline required wouldn't be so incredible. Do the same for San Felipe and Richmond. I think long term it would be awesome to cover the entire length of track in this area with a berm-tunnel to create a bike path and jogging trail above.

• Like 1

Love it. But wish they could have added brick to the parking garage adjacent to the new 2 building that's U/C. It would help blend it in.

Edited by JoninATX
  • Like 1

These are the type of projects we NEED downtown!

these are the type of developments we need in Midtown And the near north side. Kinda wish montrose would keep its character but midtown would be awesome if built out like this.

Anyway, this has been my favorite residential development. I am sure It is going to have a significant influence on the area.

• Like 2

2/1 by Michi on SSP

15799339964_db523846cd_b.jpg

16395862816_6caf99b834_b.jpg

15801779993_7b3bd4de2b_b.jpg

Any updates (pics) of the mid-rise and the fenced off section next to it? That's where the high-rise will go.

• Like 2

some augering going on. in preparation for the tower?

17913042159_4eddbd805b_b.jpg20150525_162956 by Not.Larry Dierker, on Flickr

17476672614_e15335a536_b.jpg20150525_162947 by Not.Larry Dierker, on Flickr

and this is what was going up across the street

17913033959_555482cb2e_b.jpg20150525_163004 by Not.Larry Dierker, on Flickr

18099257475_a631c9ce55_b.jpg20150525_163007 by Not.Larry Dierker, on Flickr

Edited by LarryDierker
  • Like 7

^^^ luxurious... ultra plush.  it will cost a fortune to reside here....

Yes.

Studios $1500-$2000

1BRs $1800-$2400

2BRs $2600-$4000

3BRs $5000-$6000

Around $250-300 /sf

• Like 2

Yes.

Studios $1500-$2000

1BRs $1800-$2400

2BRs $2600-$4000

3BRs $5000-$6000

Around $250-300 /sf

What is $250-300/sf?  Did you forget the decimal point?

Edited by Houston19514

some augering going on. in preparation for the tower?

17913042159_4eddbd805b_b.jpg20150525_162956 by Not.Larry Dierker, on Flickr

17476672614_e15335a536_b.jpg20150525_162947 by Not.Larry Dierker, on Flickr

and this is what was going up across the street

17913033959_555482cb2e_b.jpg20150525_163004 by Not.Larry Dierker, on Flickr

18099257475_a631c9ce55_b.jpg20150525_163007 by Not.Larry Dierker, on Flickr

i must have missed it somewhere but what in the heck is that odd building in the last couple of photos? everytime i drive by i wonder why it is what it is haha! (or why it looks like it does and who in the heck would occupy such a thing!) 

i must have missed it somewhere but what in the heck is that odd building in the last couple of photos? everytime i drive by i wonder why it is what it is haha! (or why it looks like it does and who in the heck would occupy such a thing!) 

part of this:

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/32851-westheimer-oaks/

This one is now open and partially under lease

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2016/02/dallas-developer-opens-first-luxury-apartment.html

StreetLights Residential is now finishing the first phase, called The James. The luxury apartment complex recently welcomed its first residents.
In June, StreetLights Residential broke ground on the second phase, originally called Azalea Court but now renamed The Ivy. The 20-story, 297-unit tower sits on two acres next to The James. The Ivy features larger two- and three-bedroom units, which average about 1,000 square feet. The units feature similar high-end finishes and amenities to The James, but will offer gas ranges and a rooftop pool with a view of downtown Houston that will likely appeal to a higher-end demographic. The first units are expected to open at the end of this year. Rents have not been determined yet.
“Houston is a great market,” Bakewell said. “It’s been very strong over the past several years. We like the market long-term, and we think it’s going to rebound (from the oil slump).”

• Like 6

wow.gif

^^^ i just do not recall EVER witnessing a development that seems so very clean / organized / immaculate during its overall construction.  

these aforementioned illustrations are simply incredible!

the management team of this particular development deserves high praise.... 

On 4/27/2016 at 9:42 AM, jecotx said:

Fences up around NE corner of Westheimer & Mid Lane. Anyone know what's coming?

Sounds like the site for phase III. Prepping for demo?

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/columnists/sarnoff/article/Designs-reawaken-Dowling-Street-s-forgotten-past-7465740.php?t=d7c7de44d3&cmpid=twitter-premium

Park plan 'still in play'

The chain-link fence surrounding a 1970s-era office complex at the northeast corner of Westheimer and Mid Lane portend the demolition of the vacant structures that sit on a pricey plot of Houston real estate.

The property owner purchased the development several years ago. On the back of the property, an 8-story apartment building called The James opened last year. A multifamily building with 17 stories called The Ivy is under construction.

Once the existing office buildings are taken down, it would be expected that the owner, Stonelake Capital Partners, would have plans for another building, maybe two. Yet Stonelake says it will develop a 5-acre park at the front of the site, an amenity to the residents, according to the company's website.

Alan Schoellkopf, Stonelake's chief operating officer, confirmed that the park plan is still in play but directed additional questions to an associate with the firm who did not return calls.

Perhaps the park will be temporary and buildings will be developed once the commercial real estate market improves. But maybe it will become another example of urban green space, as developers put more of an emphasis on nature and community spaces.

The site is between Highland Village and River Oaks District. It includes several low-rise buildings that housed an Indian restaurant, two banks, medical offices and other small businesses.

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 7

Perfect_logo.png

^^^ this particular property would be simply perfect for a 5***** hotel brand such as a 

Mandarin_Oriental_logo.png

or another such notable hotel flag.  located among beautiful oak trees... right on the side of ROD and HIGHLAND PARK VILLAGE.

perfection...