Damn that would be fantastic to see an urban take on CityCentre. Residential tower(s), a high end hotel/residences, some boutique office space. All with a swanky cluster of walkable retail connecting the towers.

Btw, the last page says Triyar group owns the site..

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 1

I think the huge site at 7200 Main is owned by Midway, and the renderings show something similar to what cloud713's is predicting.

I thought earlier in this thread someone said that the developer here is that same one that is currently building two W's elsewhere in the country . . .

7200 Main is owned by the people behind Springwood Village/CityPlace.

• Like 1

My dad has an office in the BB&T building across the street from the demolition site. Someone told him a few months ago before the demolition began that a mixed use development is going to be built there. That would fall in line with a City Centre.

• Like 3

Does anyone know who owns this land? Rumor in Southampton/Upper Kirby is it's Midway and there's another City Centre heading our way but I find that hard to believe because someone on here would have found it and leaked it!

I'm not sure who bought the land, but Midway's intention is to make this another City Centre type development.  The office and residential component were just the first projects off the ground.  If you look at the site you'll notice that a lot of the land surrounding Kirby Grove is very old and tired and likely will become attractive investments soon.  Madison Place apartments just to the east of Levy Park are 40-50 years old and no longer work for this area of town.  If you look at an aerial view you will see there is a lot of potential in the bounded area of Richmond, Kirby, US 59, and Buffalo Speedway. 

• Like 2

HAR's most updated listing has the latest owner being there since the 90's so I don't think the Midway rumors have any veracity, though their are a couple of Real Property filings late last year for this specific site. I'm not sure if they were land transfers or not, but there was a $5 million transfer to some specific person. I didn't research who this person was affiliated with though.

• Like 1

I saw these a while back. I'm not sure if they're still the current plans or not.

24510678624_0632ce9802_z.jpg

25115047226_3940a6c6a7_z.jpg

IMHO - upper Kirby could support a bigger hotel. It would be the only new hotel near the heart of River Oaks without crossing rr tracks, plus it would be close to west u and rice village. Of course there is the tragic And tired Doubletree next to Lakewood - but seriously who would stay there?

• Like 7

IMHO - upper Kirby could support a bigger hotel. It would be the only new hotel near the heart of River Oaks without crossing rr tracks, plus it would be close to west u and rice village. Of course there is the tragic And tired Doubletree next to Lakewood - but seriously who would stay there?

renaissance... ZaZa... There's plenty, but you're right. Kirby is quickly evolving into a strong enough market to support something fresh and expensive.
  • Like 1

renaissance... ZaZa... There's plenty, but you're right. Kirby is quickly evolving into a strong enough market to support something fresh and expensive.

Zaza isn't close to restuarants and shopping and Renaissance is kind of a weird location unless you're seeing Joel Olsteen. When we have business people come in we out them at the zaza but it would be more convientent and I think a better experience for them to be in Upper Kirby. They could uber or walk to a lot of restuarants or the Village. Plus the newly improved Levy Park right behind it.

• Like 3

It is not Midway. It is a company out of California, they own one more property in Sugarland. The renderings shown are old and might be getting updated, but I have a feeling based on Market conditions that nothing will get built for the foreseeable future. This property could change hands once the everything is cleared and cleaned up. 

• Like 3

Zaza isn't close to restuarants and shopping and Renaissance is kind of a weird location unless you're seeing Joel Olsteen. When we have business people come in we out them at the zaza but it would be more convientent and I think a better experience for them to be in Upper Kirby. They could uber or walk to a lot of restuarants or the Village. Plus the newly improved Levy Park right behind it.

Greenway Hotels are business orientated (most in this city are), but there are plenty of options at both to walk around and eat. One of them is on the light rail with access to the park & midtown/downtown ;).
  • Like 2