Office Tower At 1111 Travis St.

burgower4

What's funny is that I really want this to finish soon because they can't finish the bike lane in this one section of Lamar. It says they can't work on it because of a construction permit for this lane.

• Like 2

Ah really... Guess that sucks for the bike lane. Maybe they won't be able to finish it until late summer.

The city endorsed bike-to-work-month events in May are being planned to detour around that section. It does suck, because it would be nice to showcase the lane more.

that staircase / scaffold has been up there for a few months. It's out of range for my cell phone camera to get a clear picture from the pavilions garage

Yea, it's been there for a while. I think they are doing new lighting?

Yup, new LED lighting  :D

I have to agree several times i have driven in the area and do see the crown lighting stand out a bit more and i am glad they are because we need more of that in our buildings otherwise we would have to wait until 609 and it's crown makes our skyline glow and come to life :D

• Like 3

Yup, new LED lighting :D

Is this confirmed? I speculated this myself. Currently only the interior edges are lit in LED's but the actual circle cutout is not. I'm hoping the floodlights are removed and replaced with LED's as well.

FYI - I had already started a thread previously on the CNP crown in the Downtown section. Posting link in case there's continued discussion.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/31825-cnp-tower-crown/#entry492605

Edited by tigereye
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...