The RO: Mixed-Use Development At West Alabama And Buffalo Spdwy.

YakuzaIce

1 hour ago, Montrose1100 said:

This is exciting. Their renderings for the buildings last cycle were really nice (especially the lone tall one). Excited to see what they cook up next.

Do they own the Anadarko tower complex in the Woodlands?

No.  Oxy sold those towers to the Howard Hughes Corp.

• Thanks 2

spacer.png

^^^ props to you @bobruss for the generous and insightful update on AUBERGE HOTELS.  yes, i am a bit knowledgeable regarding this particular remarkable hotel brand.  upon this past football season, i harbored the spectacular experience of lodging at the COMMODORE PERRY HOTEL AUSTIN, TX, during a TEXAS LONGHORNS football weekend.  (what an utterly MAGNIFICENT experience at this renowned boutique hotel) trust me, i shall be returning upon next season's football slate.  additionally, i for one, cannot wait to see the start of the construction of HOUSTON'S very own AUBERGE BRAND HOTEL at the prospective RO development.  as i have openly stated upon several posts upon the HAIF forum, "our fair city of HOUSTON deserves to harbor genuine luxury hotels".  we have all certainly waited long enough.  oh, and by the way, "KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON" was an absolute MASTERCLASS of cinema if i have ever witnessed one.  i can't wait to watch it again...   

• Like 3

12 hours ago, bobruss said:

Auberge Hotels, is getting ready to break ground on their 30 story residential tower and hotel in the RO on the corner of Buffalo Speedway and West Alabama.

Thanks for this update. Exciting news.

Fingers crossed this happens soon. We've had several posts here stating "ground is breaking this quarter", or "they'll start before year-end". Here's hoping yours is the post that kicks it off!

• Like 7

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned
On 1/29/2024 at 12:11 PM, shasta said:

....they haven't even broke ground.

They can plan, but nobody seems to be in a rush to get this thing built but good news they will move in to this unbuilt project in 3-4 years IF they break ground before the summer.

I doubt Oxy is super concerned w that ATM, their current office lease runs through like 2032. Odds are the earliest they could realistically vacate Greenway Plaza is 2027 or 2028 anyways.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ska Consulting was doing something with the core drilling barrels. They provide ........

"SKA Consulting is a professional environmental engineering and consulting firm providing timely, innovative solutions to today’s environmental challenges. We work together with our clients to identify environmental liabilities, navigate potential obstacles, and manage and minimize risk."

https://www.skaconsulting.com

6iur7q1.jpeg

• Like 6

13 hours ago, HTX1121 said:

Oxy bought their site within the development.

Interesting development (and thanks for posting!). What does this mean for both their building, and the entire RO project? Does this mean they can build what they want, using who they want, and not have to go thru the developer? I'm assuming there are certain restrictions in the sale, but in general, what are the ramifications of this?

• Like 1

They are assembling a huge crane just off-site from the RO. I'm sure @hindesky can give us a better description than "huge". I'm posting this here because there is nothing else around that needs a crane like this. It's on Buffalo Spdwy in front of Lamar Towers, but I can't imagine why they (Lamar T) would need this. And there isn't any major construction planned at the St. Johns athletic fields that I'm aware of. I'm not sure how they will get this crane over to the RO property if that's where it's going, and why they didn't simply assemble it there? If it turns out not to be for the RO, I will delete this post.

For reference, this is looking South. Lamar Towers is behind it, and the RO is in the back right side of this photo.

This is Saturday morning. They started moving this into place around midnight.

65795.jpeg

Edited by astrohip
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2