The RO: Mixed-Use Development At West Alabama And Buffalo Spdwy.

YakuzaIce

6 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Good luck filing a 311 complaint. Every time I fill one out it gets sent back that I need to take further action. It's completely ridiculous. The city never just forwards it to the proper channel. And matter's like this pic above take months to fix. It seems the people at 311 enjoy doing the bare minimum. I have a chunk of utility pole hanging above a sidewalk on W Alabama that's been sitting that way for weeks with debris from what appears to be a car accident still not cleaned up by Upper Kirby Management District. 

If it's a power pole, call Centerpoint. The City doesn't fix Centerpoint's stuff.

On 1/14/2022 at 4:49 PM, hindesky said:

I believe those were old fuel/chemical tanks used for chemical experiments after all this was the old Exxon Chemical offices/labs.

A friend worked there., It was Exxon Production Research, later Upstream Research. I think the Chemicals research part of Exxon is in New Jersey or somewhere up that way.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ross said:

If it's a power pole, call Centerpoint. The City doesn't fix Centerpoint's stuff.

A friend worked there., It was Exxon Production Research, later Upstream Research. I think the Chemicals research part of Exxon is in New Jersey or somewhere up that way.

Yeah I know but my issue is instead of them forwarding my complaint they force you to go back and call them yourself. Of all of the issues I've reported from sidewalks to debris, I get varying answers from 311 on what the city handles and what it doesn't. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2022 at 2:58 AM, Big E said:

I have a hard time thinking of anything west of those train tracks as River Oaks, though apparently anything north of Afton Oaks and East of the loop is.

I think it's just supposed to sound "prestigious." There are businesses that use "River Oaks" in their name as far east as Montrose, and even south of 59. 

Unfortunately, I think Google uses stuff like business names (e.g. "popular opinion") in how they define an area on their maps. So, someday we may see the entirety of the west loop evolve into "River Oaks." haha

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Houston Police Department Event Today In River Oaks

I saw the same thing. Took some photos but until I see heavy equipment in droves and a crane foundation getting built I’ll hold my excitement.

Also in curious searching I found 1. Spear Street Capital is no longer on board as the have listed the RO as a sold asset (https://spearstreetcapital.com/portfolio/sold/) and 2. Transwestern still has listings for leasable space at the RO. These listings have been there for a while. (https://transwestern.com/property/the-ro-3120-buffalo-speedway).

(attached photo was taken on July 13th)

7EF20668-A6FE-4069-A52A-CB90A389E3BC.jpeg

• Like 8

19 hours ago, astrohip said:

I walked over today, to get a closer look (and came back drenched--it's hot!). It looks like they're trying to save the trees. I don't know if they're going to move them, or build barriers around them, but it's definitely not your typical "doze 'em to the ground" process. Lots of them have those dirt walls around them.

That dirt wall is to mark off the "Drip Line" of the tree. Any grading that is done can not breach that drip line or the tree will die. This is usually a process coordinated between the Architect, Landscape Architect, Civil Engineer, and GC. As far as moving them, not sure myself. I don't remember seeing any markings on a previous site plan noting which trees were marked as "Existing Tree to Remain" or "Existing Tree to be Relocated". I guess we will know soon enough.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, astrohip said:

Is this the type of permit that would be used for the project as proposed? Or does this indicate a change in direction?

From all the knowledge we have, the jenga-style office tower was to be built first.  There was marketing materials prepared and Loopnet specified built in 2023. 

@Geoff8201 mentioned the residential tower was scaled down from the original proposal. Apart of their information was from Emporis which often had wrong information, which sometimes originated from HAIF to begin with.

The only concrete information we have is what is featured on Transwestern Development Company's website. It still lists the 30+ story residential tower. The website might be outdated by several years so the apartment could have gotten redesigned and shorter. 

https://transwesterndevelopment.com/projects.html

We will know the scope of work once it's registered with TDLR. A plan review was submitted to the city, so a state application should be within a week or two. 

I did ask someone at Transwestern. Waiting to hear back :ph34r:

1 hour ago, houstontexasjack said:

https://therealdeal.com/texas/2022/09/30/transwesterns-stalled-houston-project-moving-forward/

“Though plans are not final, Friedkin will reportedly build an Auberge Collection of Resorts on the site featuring a hotel and residences, with Compass handling the sales.“

🤔

Did I read this correctly? Im so confused. A resort…. In the middle of Houston?

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Empty Land On Buffalo Spdwy.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...