The RO: Mixed-Use Development At West Alabama And Buffalo Spdwy.

YakuzaIce

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Paco Jones said:

Parcel 1, 3, and 4 have been awarded to Hoar Construction. Not sure if Parcel 2 has been awarded but Tellepsen is working on budgeting it. 

Looking out over this project now, I still don't see any activity. Any timeline when we can expect something? I thought I read October (maybe from you), but the memory ain't what it used to be.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 9:06 AM, astrohip said:

Looking out over this project now, I still don't see any activity. Any timeline when we can expect something? I thought I read October (maybe from you), but the memory ain't what it used to be.

And you probably won’t see any activity.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, texan said:

From the RNR Bulletin:

Occidental Petroleum Corp. is planning to relocate employees into a new office campus that will be constructed on the R.O. development near the northwest corner of Richmond Avenue and Buffalo Speedway, according to people in the real estate community. A few years ago, OXY signed a lease for 972,145 SF in the Five and Three Greenway Plaza buildings until 2031. OXY is expected to move into the new R.O. building in 2027 or 2028. … 

Not sure of Ralph Bivins’ accuracy or track record but this is huge if true.

....they haven't even broke ground.

They can plan, but nobody seems to be in a rush to get this thing built but good news they will move in to this unbuilt project in 3-4 years IF they break ground before the summer.

2 minutes ago, astrohip said:

I'm literally looking down on this now. Nothing. Nada. The only activity is the water slowly receding from the rains last week.

Exactly...not even prep to break ground and I just checked and Transwestern is not ramping up their job listings to work on this project.

Just a little bold for a company to announce that. many of the their workers won't even be there anymore when the move!

20 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

You really can't please everyone haha

This is accurate reporting, apparently a memo went out not long ago within Oxy on these very details.  Having this level of corporate campus is a total game changer for the RO development.  The Oxy news is also a recent update and is  'in addition' to the build-to-suit office building (another awesome tenant).  This is going to be an incredible urban development, anchored by 2 great corporate tenants. 

So much of the interest from these companies to relocate to the RO is primarily the walkability of an urban campus with housing, lodging and retail/restaurants on-site. So cheer up @shasta, there will be a lot of construction soon!

This is exciting. Their renderings for the buildings last cycle were really nice (especially the lone tall one). Excited to see what they cook up next.

Do they own the Anadarko tower complex in the Woodlands?

• Thanks 1