The RO: Mixed-Use Development At West Alabama And Buffalo Spdwy.

YakuzaIce

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Land On Kirby Dr.
  • 1 month later...

Was that the original design, a couple of three-story buildings? I thought all of them were high-rises, with GFR.

Nonetheless, this is a smart take. Especially not knowing how the market will react to more office space in that area. And there is an ongoing and growing demand, on the consumer level, for more retail & restaurant in this general area.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, astrohip said:

Was that the original design, a couple of three-story buildings? I thought all of them were high-rises, with GFR.

Nonetheless, this is a smart take. Especially not knowing how the market will react to more office space in that area. And there is an ongoing and growing demand, on the consumer level, for more retail & restaurant in this general area.

The two middle blocks next to Buffalo Speedway were always supposed to be 2-3 story retail/office blocks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 1/18/2023 at 10:08 AM, Paco Jones said:

Address:

3120 Buffalo Speedway

Architect:

The Preston Partnership

Information:

Residential tower consisting of 28 levels above grade with one level of below grade basement.  Parking is at basement and levels 1-5 and residential is levels 6-28.  317 units with a total of 378,387 SF of residential space.  Ground floor retail space of 15,209 SF.

GiVwwfO.png

6yiAlSK.png

kJcm00p.png

ZPi6N02.png

uPhs82N.png

gT9ADbL.png

I really like the setbacks from the one angle. It almost looks art deco in it's massing. 

I like setbacks. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, aachor said:

I really like the setbacks from the one angle. It almost looks art deco in it's massing. 

I like setbacks. 

When you say setbacks, you mean of upper levels from lower levels, right? And not the ground floor from street? 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 5:24 PM, Highrise Tower said:

Project Name: The RO Parcel 1

Location Address: 3120 Buffalo Speedway

Start Date: 11/1/2023

Estimated Cost: $102,000,000

Scope of Work: Type 1A construction of a high rise rental apartment with 320 units over a 5 story parking deck with ground floor lobby, leasing and retail.

Square Footage: 800,000 ft 2

Design Firm Name: The Preston Partnership

Here's the direct link to that TDLR TABS filing: https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Project/TABS2023015864

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/3/2023 at 11:46 AM, Paco Jones said:

Project:

RO Parcel 3

Architect:

House & Robertson (Exectutive)

Michael Hsu (Design)

Information:

Two 3-story mixed-use buildings with a pedestrian bridge connecting them at level 2 outdoor terraces.  Combined, the buildings total 129,622 SF.  Levels 1 and 2 will consist of restaurant and retail space while level 3 will be office space.

7WnecF1.png

FcxD86x.png

kHTmg1a.png

kveKJCG.png

9274iUK.png

roNSDPX.png

GogqGzW.png

r0ykJhc.png

This will tie in so nicely with Upper Kirby and feel like one continuous neighborhood

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly when I saw digging I figured it was more soil testing or utility marking, or other pre-construction site checks. But that they were going to be ongoing. I didn’t figure they would dig holes just to cover them back up and hightail it out of there. Could of just been a dog burying a bone.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Geoff8201 said:

Honestly when I saw digging I figured it was more soil testing or utility marking, or other pre-construction site checks. But that they were going to be ongoing. I didn’t figure they would dig holes just to cover them back up and hightail it out of there. Could have just been a dog burying a bone.

It might’ve been sleep-deprived delirium seeing this, but I thought I saw a rig taking soil samples when I drove by the other day.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2023 at 8:49 AM, Paco Jones said:

Hello everyone.  This project, the Parcel 1 phase, will break ground before the end of the year (likely within the next couple months).  TW is currently finalizing contracts with a general contractor.

spacer.png

Not super flashy or out of this world, but classic and unique for Houston. I like it.

• Like 5