Downtown Condominium Market

dbigtex56

Yeah, but the downtown daytime population is almost that of the entire state in 1860:o

Is 577,301 the downtown daytime population, or is it the total number of people who commute to anywhere in the city of Houston from the suburbs (not necessarily just downtown)? I always thought the downtown daytime population was around 150,000.

Edited by fkp5

It has to be the former, based on the numbers, because it says in the linked article that the daytime population is 577,301, and further says it is 47% higher in the daytime than outside daytime, which implies the evening population is about 393,000, which obviously isn't the CBD population.  That's close to the population of the whole 610 loop, which is somewhere around half a million.

Edited by rechlin

I have no pride in my skillz of teh Googlez... if someone can link to more authoritative numbers, fine and dandy.  

IIRC, there was some amazing six digit number that was plastered on METRO stuff a year or two ago.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Downtown Population
  • The title was changed to Downtown Condominium Market