Discovery Green Park At 1500 McKinney St.

c4smok

Not sure if thats what you mean by vertical disks, but in his third picture on the left hand side you can see part of a small structure with little windows behind the trees next to the Grove. There is a stairway there that leads down to the underground garage. That will be convenient for people going to the restaurant. It's also in the last picture.

Edited by tomv

went by The Grove today and "accidently" stumbled in...pretty nice and open atmosphere plus a bar that made it clear that they got their liquor license :) can't wait to eat there next month when my friend comes into town, I think it will be a great way to show off the city

That really is going to be a neat place to go eat or have a few drinks... sitting in the park... overlooking the skyline... what a great addition to Downtown! I can't wait for the entire park to be done! :D

The wife and i are going this Friday. There was no problem getting a reservation. I will let everyone know how it goes.

coo! lookin forward to the review.

By the way, I know we're not NY or anything, but was there or will there be a review in some news outlet, at least in the Houston Press?

This was discussed about 10 pages ago.

Old debate.

As long as police keep an eye on the place and there is a nice stream of people going through, then I think it shouldn't be that big of an issue.

The other parks for are for different uses/functions. They will all complement each other well.

This was discussed about 10 pages ago.

Old debate.

As long as police keep an eye on the place and there is a nice stream of people going through, then I think it shouldn't be that big of an issue.

The other parks for are for different uses/functions. They will all complement each other well.

Absolutely, Ricco-

This park is mainly intended for the urbanites who will fill DT in the next decade or so. It is also for those who work DT to lunch and lounge. Yes, there are going to be events for other Houstonians to enjoy, but mainly, it seems to be a place for those who make DT and the immediate surrounding area their home. Please, correct me if i am off the track here.

m. B)

no. You're on track. A number of convention goers are looking forward to the completion of the park as well. The complaints I hear about the lack of affordable food nearby is loud.

i bet that will change if the clientele is low. OR they are trying to keep a certain element out. With HP close by, maybe, just maybe there will be a couple of places there that are affordable.

m.

Well, they (the convention goers) complain about putting up with the lousy GRB food, the food at the Hilton, or endure a walk to the HC's food court, particularly if they only have a limited amount of time for lunch.

with the additional hotels/residences that are nearby, the Convention Bureau (or whatever they're called) said that they are going to try to get some bigger conventions to hit Houston now that we are getting more amenities for them.

I guess The Grove is off to a good start. I called for reservations for tonight and they are booked solid.

Also, I would not have even considered going downtown tonight if it wasn't for this place. If this park had been just a "green space" as some people think it should be then it would be another one of those parks that I drive by and never go to. I also wouldn't go if there wasn't an underground garage. I don't relish parking in one of those crappy downtown surface lots.