Discovery Green Park At 1500 McKinney St.

c4smok

I like it, I was just driving by it. I was disappointed to see that the fence is still up and I guess it will remain so until they finish all of the construction.

I kinda' hoped they named a tree or two for Biggio and Bagwell along the jogging trail or something. I think that would be a nice dedication.

Has anyone been to the Grove patio for drinks? Can I ride my bike over in unfashionable shorts and t-shirt and go mingle for a refreshing vodka? I'd guess they don't care, being a park and all.

But it being cool and new in Houston, maybe I need to be on the guest list or something.

Has anyone been to the Grove patio for drinks? Can I ride my bike over in unfashionable shorts and t-shirt and go mingle for a refreshing vodka? I'd guess they don't care, being a park and all.

But it being cool and new in Houston, maybe I need to be on the guest list or something.

Also curious about the "Treehouse"... the roof bar on top of the Grove. Haven't heard anything about either. Anyone know if Treehouse is open?

been to the grove a few times at night, once for drinks, twice to eat - has always been more fashionable for the dinner crowd for sure. don't think the shorts and t shirt would do too well in the downstairs bar, but i think during the day that's probably different too.

the treehouse upstairs is pretty cool in my opinion. that deck is pretty large and its nice. one of the pics someone had was from the upstairs portion, and i can definitely see sitting out there during the day having a few drinks and it not being fancy at all.

the other part that i think opens soon (the lake house) will also have beer and wine and i think that is very casual over there too.

Also curious about the "Treehouse"... the roof bar on top of the Grove. Haven't heard anything about either. Anyone know if Treehouse is open?

Treehouse was open this past Saturday night, during the concert. Great view, tretcherous stairway to negotiate if one inbibes.

The park looks like it has a great deal of potential to become a draw for downtown. Among the attractions listed was "interactive water features", which I'm guessing means it's OK to pee in the fountains.

Anyone know the identity of the statue just outside the Grove? It's a dignified looking bronze man who appears to be playing pocket pool.

I like it, I was just driving by it. I was disappointed to see that the fence is still up and I guess it will remain so until they finish all of the construction.

I kinda' hoped they named a tree or two for Biggio and Bagwell along the jogging trail or something. I think that would be a nice dedication.

I've been able to crisscross the Crawford promenade a few times since that part seems to be open. I've seen others come in from an entrance along Avenida de las Americas as well, so I'd guess they're ok with people crossing the larger, open areas at the moment. Check it out!

I tried to make reservations at the Grove tonight and they are apparently totally booked all weekend. I guess that's a good sign. but it sucks that I can't take my mom there while she's in town.

I've heard several good reviews for it and it has been improving.

One of the misconceptions that they're trying to shake is that it's VERY expensive to eat there, but from what I've been told, you can have a meal for under $20 a person.

I haven't read any bad reviews yet. Most of them are good or mediocre. The place is impossible to eat at without a reservation, that's a good sign.

5/13 reviewers on citysearch said it was one of the worst dining experiences they have ever had (which isn't a very good percentage)... although 6/13 were very good reviews (although I always wonder if gushing reviews are written by people affiliated with the establishment).

5/13 reviewers on citysearch said it was one of the worst dining experiences they have ever had (which isn't a very good percentage)... although 6/13 were very good reviews (although I always wonder if gushing reviews are written by people affiliated with the establishment).

Keep in mind that some people can never be pleased and always complain. I've had maybe two experiences in my life where I thought the service was just terrible.

I went a couple of weeks ago.

The menu is creative, you'll find some unusual things like duck meatballs.

I had a NY Strip. It was not up to high-end steakhouse standards, more like Outback or Salt Grass. It's not a steakhouse though so I can forgive them that.

It's a hot-spot right now but I think eventually it will wind up being a place for conventioners that are staying downtown to go. There are too many good restaraunts in Houston to go to the trouble of going downtown for just so-so food.