Fourth At Navigation: Multifamily At 2404 Navigation Blvd.

There is a 4th st in the Heights, but it is also E/W so it couldn't ever theoretically intersect Navigation

There's a Goforth street in the 3rd ward, but it stops at OST; if you continued it north, it would intersect Navigation a mile east of this development.

Where did they come up with this name?

26 minutes ago, cspwal said:

There is a 4th st in the Heights, but it is also E/W so it couldn't ever theoretically intersect Navigation

There's a Goforth street in the 3rd ward, but it stops at OST; if you continued it north, it would intersect Navigation a mile east of this development.

This isn't fourth. It's forth. Meaning onward or forward from a starting point. I'm guessing they are saying it's the start of navigation and its growth. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, thedistrict84 said:

On the one hand, I applaud this change since this area is definitely not EaDo.

On the other hand, this new name is really, really dumb.

I’m conflicted.

Seconded.

I agree with @I'm Not a Robot that it may be a nod to "Navigation," but I don't know. What really grinds my gears however, is the fact that it is also Marquette's fourth property (Catalyst Chicago, Catalyst Houston, The Mason (Chicago), and the "Forth").

• Like 3

On 10/14/2020 at 9:12 AM, cspwal said:

Might have something to do with the Frith of Forth (or is it Firth of Forth?). Could be Scottish-themed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, talltexan83 said:

Any updates on the planned roundabout here?  I think it would be a great addition and a nice gateway to Navigation

Not since May, 2019. The RFQ went out in May. https://www.eastenddistrict.com/wp-content/uploads/Navigation-Roundabout-RFQ.pdf

EEMD says this about it: 

In September of 2018, the East End District entered into an advanced funding agreement with TxDOT that consists of the engineering and reconstruction of the intersection at Navigation Boulevard, Jensen Drive, and Runnels Street to include an urban roundabout, pedestrian elements, streetscape and bus stop improvements. Additionally, the District hopes to include a public art installation on the roundabout and funding has been secured for public engagement related to this installation. Public engagement and design are forthcoming. No funding source for public art on the roundabout has been identified at this time.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, talltexan83 said:

Any updates on the planned roundabout here?  I think it would be a great addition and a nice gateway to Navigation

Roundabout is still on. I live around the area and saw some people with levelers inspecting the intersection 3weeks ago. I asked them and they said it’s a go with construction starting sometime next year

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The website boasts "18,000 SF of retail space for a restaurant and café.  On-site amenities will include a rooftop pool, fitness center, yoga studio, resident coworking space, and a sky lounge with views of Downtown Houston." I suppose it's possible that the 18,000sqft are split by both street faces.

Also, I noted that the former Alamo Tamales building now has "Live at Forth" drawings all over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The website is now live: https://www.liveatforth.com/

Edit: Well... "live" is generous, as it barely loads, but they have an online presence!

Some finds:

Forth will be taking shape at the end of this year with construction of its retail, coworking spaces, and lobby expected to wrap before the winter holidays.

Starting in mid-January, the real fun begins: VIP hard hat tours will be offered for pre-qualified tenants by reservation.

“This is an opportunity—a first look at the building’s amenities and a chance to secure the unit of your choice before they become widely available,” noted Yuko.

After you take a VIP hard hat tour, be sure to keep these two final dates in mind: Move-ins will start in late April and there will be a Grand Opening celebration in July. We, of course, can’t wait to see you at both.

Edited by DMMO
  • Like 8

Just now, EaDolivin said:

Does anyone know what that tiny building on the corner is? Too bad they couldn't buy that property and have a full square building.  It will look awkward having two giant brown walls on the corner. Maybe it belongs to the city?

That is the Salmeron Clinic. Not owned by the city. Mr. Salmeron's son owns and maintains it nowdays, but it hasn't been open in about a decade. No idea why he didn't sell...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, JBTX said:

That is the Salmeron Clinic. Not owned by the city. Mr. Salmeron's son owns and maintains it nowdays, but it hasn't been open in about a decade. No idea why he didn't sell...

He lost out on a small fortune by not selling, he will never get anything close to what they may have offered now.

Which is exactly why I'm glad he didn't sell. It reserves a small plot that will be at least a little bit insulated from market forces, potentially allowing for something other than the most financially productive use. Like a dog park. Or regular park. Or maybe the building stays and has lower rents than its neighbors, allowing commercial tenants that otherwise couldn't afford the area.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, thedistrict84 said:

Not much visible progress in the last few weeks, but I’m sure they’re focusing on the interior buildout at this point.

Correct, they are. They have also done a good bit more work on the McAlpine side and spent much of the past week more electrical work in the back.

• Like 4