Fourth At Navigation: Multifamily At 2404 Navigation Blvd.

47 minutes ago, JBTX said:

GFR was not scrapped. They are working with a comercial realtor to start looking for tenants. The GFR will be located on Canal, right across from the current structure (where Andes Cafe once lived) and on Navigation at the corner with McAlpine. Desired tennats are the the usual: cafe, brewery, etc.

n i c e

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know what it looks like in person since it's been about two years since I've been home but this thing looks great in your photos. The brick ties it to the area with a nod to history but the ground floor retail, amount of glass, and balconies give a nice nod to the future of East Houston.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, KinkaidAlum said:

I don't know what it looks like in person since it's been about two years since I've been home but this thing looks great in your photos. The brick ties it to the area with a nod to history but the ground floor retail, amount of glass, and balconies give a nice nod to the future of East Houston.

It's not brick. It's a metal cladding of sorts. Eitherway, it does look pretty neat. It will be a good addition for sure.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Not the only costly booboo.

If you notice in your second picture, there is no siding by some of the windows. They had to rip off a whole section of siding to reinstall some windows last week. They've also had to reinstall windows on the McAlpine side 3 different times.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, ljchou said:

I'm surprised we haven't heard of any leasing confirmation for the GFR yet.

I haven't seen any listed on loopnet or other sites yet. I spoke to one of the leasing agents recently who said they were working with a commercial realtor. Maybe they are keeping it a private listing for now?

Also, only the GFR on the Navigation side is ready to use (the leasing agent said that Marquette's goal is for a small brewery or distillery to occupy this space). The future GFR on the Canal side is being used by the construction workers as a break room.

• Like 5

For some reason, I seem to recall that one of the amenities was a workout studio for residents that has outside trainers coming in. I may be misremembering too.

I think the Canal side GFR may end up being a cafe as it is better suited for that (size wise), and also closer to Common Desk.

On 6/12/2021 at 3:48 PM, hindesky said:

Seems like they damage almost as fast as they build it. Found another boo-boo.

zyCzOPb.jpg

8vHHAx6.jpg

This seems like partial design oversight to me. Why anyone would want those metal slats interfering with the overhead door opening is beyond me. Trailers scrap the top of those openings all the time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luminare said:

This seems like partial design oversight to me. Why anyone would want those metal slats interfering with the overhead door opening is beyond me. Trailers scrap the top of those openings all the time.

They are very high up, it was the extended boom forklifts that were doing the damage when they used a trash bin so workers could throw waste construction parts in to the bin from the patio decks above. No car or truck could even come close to hitting them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hindesky said:

They are very high up, it was the extended boom forklifts that were doing the damage when they used a trash bin so workers could throw waste construction parts in to the bin from the patio decks above. No car or truck could even come close to hitting them.

Your probably right. I mean I'm never one to pass anything to us Architects for what a Contractor does haha. From all the photos the Contractor has some real bonehead subs working this one. So I'm guessing the head on that door is like 12ft or something? Even if its a very tall door its not exactly a great idea to obstruct it in any situation even for aesthetics purposes.

2 hours ago, Luminare said:

From all the photos the Contractor has some real bonehead subs working this one. So I'm guessing the head on that door is like 12ft or something? Even if its a very tall door its not exactly a great idea to obstruct it in any situation even for aesthetics purposes.

A. Yes, incredibly bone headed (my favorite was that they never shut off the waterline they ran to their trailers completely, they just "turned it off." It took us few months to realize that's why the sidewalk and grass by the house were always wet.

B. Yes, about 12ft and the sensor is at least 2 ft above that.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...