I love the birds-eye view, as they swoop up and away... you can see Westheimer in front of it. A beautiful road, smooth pavement, traffic free, meticulously landscaped.

Yeah, right. I live 100 yards down the street from The Paramount, and that stretch of Westheimer is the pits. Literally. Pockmarked, potholes, patches over patches, sidewalk broken up. I'm surprised the good folks of RO haven't used their clout to have it repaved.

$50 bucks says Mr. Davis shows up in a tight white tee tonight.

• Like 5

I have always avoided riding my bike especially along this part of westheimer...

those sidewalks are a freaking mess!

I wish they would do what was done in the river oaks area near kirby where there are all new sidewalks and street lights etc.

and yeah as far as driving goes...those right lane potholes...ouch!

• Like 8

• The title was changed to The Paramount: 26-Story Condo Tower on Westheimer

I thought anything inside the loop could be called "River Oaks" 🙃. Heck, there's a project down at Shepherd & 59 called "River Oaks".

This isn't even an announcement of a groundbreaking. It's an announcement of an announcement-to-be-announced of a groundbreaking. And they think they can build this in less than a year?!? They have to have meant completion in late 2022, not 2021.

It's interesting that they're using Martha Turner to sell the units. Every, and I mean every, high-end condo building uses Douglas Elliman (FKA Sudhoff) to handle their sales.

• Like 1

The Chronicle also has the press release in today's paper. I still think there is a mistake. You don't build a 25/26 story building in less than a year.

But as someone who lives just a couple blocks up Westheimer from this, I hope they can. Because you know they're gonna create some traffic issues during construction.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, astrohip said:

The Chronicle also has the press release in today's paper. I still think there is a mistake. You don't build a 25/26 story building in less than a year.

But as someone who lives just a couple blocks up Westheimer from this, I hope they can. Because you know they're gonna create some traffic issues during construction.

So true. Houston loves to allow developers the right to block as many lanes of traffic and sidewalks for as long as they please.  

Edited by jmitch94
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 1:34 PM, Paco Jones said:

Per a VP at GT Leach...

"Still early on 3723… The Paramount.  It’s currently still in the marketing phase.  It currently has zero (0) sales, so it might be a while." 

I read 3 sales backed out among COVID uncertainty.

I agree this one will be a long wait. And I’m sure there will be the inevitable design changes RD always seems to make. I actually like the look of this building, but then again I also liked the original Arabella plan until it got its “makeover.”

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, toxtethogrady said:

That has "mausoleum" written all over it...🤮

Condo, expensive, near River Oaks, where old people go to die... yep, Mausoleum 🙄 (And I say this with all respect, as I live in a hi-rise condo just down the street).

Seriously, it doesn't help that this is being built on (and thus, designed for) a postage stamp sized piece of land. So instead of a more spread out base, you get this tall, skinny bottom that looks just like a... mausoleum.

If done with the right materials, I think it’ll look good.

It’s daunting, imposing, and it feels strong. Definitely something that feels reserved for only the few. Which is the target that they’re going for.

If given the cheap RD treatment, it will look horrible 

23 hours ago, pablog said:

If done with the right materials, I think it’ll look good.

It’s daunting, imposing, and it feels strong. Definitely something that feels reserved for only the few. Which is the target that they’re going for.

If given the cheap RD treatment, it will look horrible 

"if". 

No matter how cheap it'll look, as long as they keep the same amount of windows, I promise not to complain. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to The Paramount: 26-Story Condo Tower On Westheimer
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, toxtethogrady said:

Yet I cannot argue with the fact that what he offers gets bidders. He knows how to sell crap....

His buildings appear to depreciate very fast. He does offer a lot of amenities and a bold taste, if that’s your thing. But if you look at recent sales data at Arabella and Astoria, pricing is way down from original.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

Sales center moving to 2323 San Felipe?

VIDOlk5.png

I wonder if he might be moving the building. That piece of land on San Felipe, I believe, just hit the market for sale. This might bring another neighborhood battle that maybe he thinks he could win because it's next to the San Felipe tower Hines built.

25 minutes ago, Paco Jones said:

The owner is RD.

1rm8xnL.png

Maybe a new building. The English townhome Winfield Gate community is on the next block. This application says London House. The lot is 15,000 square feet. I’m guessing a midrise.

• Like 7