Sovereign At The Ballpark: Multifamily At 100 Crawford St.

LBC2HTX

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2020 at 11:26 AM, thedistrict84 said:

More signs of life y’all. The elevator shafts are going in!

C2855858-1C50-4E8D-BB01-580C872581AF.jpeg

There are good views of downtown Houston that really show off what downtown is and can be.

This angle is not one of them.

No offense meant for the photographer, but just a stark reminder that there are parts of downtown that need some development love beyond the high profile views by the bayou.  It really makes me think about boundaries that define the edge of the downtown district.  Whether they are man-made (Pierce elevated and 59) or natural (the bayou), how do you create a signature gateway for someone entering into the area?  Not every entrance can be as grand as approaching from Allen Parkway or Memorial Drive, but coming from the EastDo desperately needs something.

Edited by mls1202
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, mls1202 said:

There are good views of downtown Houston that really show off what downtown is and can be.

No offense meant for the photographer, but just a stark reminder that there are parts of downtown that need some development love beyond the high profile views by the bayou.  It really makes me think about boundaries that define the edge of the downtown district.  Whether they are man-made (Pierce elevated and 59) or natural (the bayou), how do you create a signature gateway for someone entering into the area?  Not every entrance can be as grand as approaching from Allen Parkway or Memorial Drive, but coming from the EastDo desperately needs something.

The tent camps under 59 after crossing the lunar surface, I mean Commerce, is quite the Gateway. /s

I agree, but I think all in due time when 59 is buried. This site of Downtown needs some development that will likely come in the form of apartments/condos.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, mls1202 said:

I just happened to be walking by cutting back over from the Bayou. Didn’t set out to photograph anything from this angle intentionally. Sorry.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, thedistrict84 said:

I just happened to be walking by cutting back over from the Bayou. Didn’t set out to photograph anything from this angle intentionally. Sorry.

On the contrary, I hope you don't take my comment as anything you should apologize for!

I was merely waxing philosophically on something your photograph made me think, which is nice since most photographs of the skyline merely elicit a "ooh, so pretty" without much thought to follow.  Your's was thought provoking!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...