United Airlines

brain

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

United Airlines Announces New Nonstop Flights to Atlantic City, N.J., from Chicago and Houston

http://newsroom.unitedcontinentalholdings.com/index.php?s=20295&item=124379

United Airlines today announced the airline will inaugurate service at Atlantic City International Airport, offering customers daily nonstop flights to United's hubs at Chicago O'Hare International Airport and Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and United Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Jeff Smisek announced the service, which begins April 1, 2014, at a news conference at Newark Liberty International Airport, where United operates the region's largest airline hub.

Chicago and Houston are United's largest hub airports. The airline's new flights will enable one-stop service between Atlantic City and points throughout the Midwest and western United States, Canada, Asia and Latin America.

From Chicago, United's flight to Atlantic City will depart at 8:10 a.m. daily, arriving at 11:17 a.m. The return flight will depart Atlantic City at 11:52 a.m. and arrive in Chicago at 1:10 p.m.

From Houston, United's flight to Atlantic City will depart at 7 p.m. daily, arriving at 11:20 p.m. The return flight will depart Atlantic City at 6 a.m. and arrive in Houston at 8:49 a.m.

United Express carrier ExpressJet will operate the Atlantic City flights with 50-seat Embraer ERJ-145 aircraft.

I was at the United Club last week and they are not charging for drinks.  Only if you want a premium drink like Grey Goose.  Delta raised the awards levels last year.  I did not hurt them in the 3Q they made 1.5 billion profit.  The airlines are not METRO, they need to make money.  I have notice very good service with United.  I love there new app.

Not sure if this is the best thread for this, but it's active, so I'll put it here.

United just announced new international service from Bush IAH!!

New nonstop service to Munich and a second daily nonstop to Tokyo.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2013/11/united-airlines-to-launch-new.html

!!!!!!!! Now THAT'S the kind of announcement we've been waiting for (no offense to Atlantic City). This comes as a complete shocker to me, I had basically given up hope of getting any major new routes from United any time soon. An additional frequency to Tokyo makes a ton of sense, although this makes a Japanese airline starting IAH unlikely. Munich should be successful as well, although with 2 UA flights to Frankfurt plus the LH A380 that's a lot of capacity to Germany.

I would have preferred Lufthansa to Munich and ANA to Tokyo. Both are Star Alliance members and vastly superior to United.

Lufhtansa is a horrible airlines unless you need to fly to some obscure African or Asian city.  Then its the best choice.

American airlines flying to Europe offer more legroom and better service than the Legacy European carriers, unless you're flying first or business class (in which case it doesn't matter what airlines you're flying).  And any Asian carrier is going to have better service and amenities than any American carrier.  That's just the honest truth.

Lufhtansa is a horrible airlines unless you need to fly to some obscure African or Asian city.  Then its the best choice.

For Asia, I would go with Qatar Air, then Emirates. at least then you don't have to fly through the thoroughly mediocre Frankfurt Airport. Although, Frankfurt is better than Charles de Gaulle in Paris or Sheremetyevo in Moscow and hugely better than Brussels.

For Asia, I would go with Qatar Air, then Emirates. at least then you don't have to fly through the thoroughly mediocre Frankfurt Airport. Although, Frankfurt is better than Charles de Gaulle in Paris or Sheremetyevo in Moscow and hugely better than Brussels.

Depends what part of Asia. Singapore is the best airline I've ever flown

Hmm.. forgot about Qatar/Emirates and the like.  I like Frankfurt, but then I've always loved Germany, so I am biased.

Depends what part of Asia. Singapore is the best airline I've ever flown

I'm not talking about major airports/countries... but if you had to fly to Georgia or Turkmenistan or the like, then I would imagine people who are concerned about safety and quality of pilots/aircrew would prefer a sophisticated internationally known and liked airlines over some regional cloud-hopper?

• 1 month later...

Not sure but Global First Class and BusinessFirst are almost equal.  In Global First the seats are farter apart.  But the service is the same.  Next year when United Airlines will get the 787-900 which seats 350 passengers will go to the long haul markets.  United has a plan to replace the 747-400 aircrafts, because of the age.  There are 24 of them that need to be retired.  There service has really great.  My flight was delayed and did not know it.  When I got off the plan from NRT I was already booked on another flight.  I was allowed to take a shower at the UA Club and they served me a meal and drinks at IAH Terminal E.  So when they called me regarding customer service I gave them A.     

Archived