United Airlines

brain

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks found it 48 first class seats how nice.  Booked it cannot wait!

I got word that there's a good possibility that it may be subbed. The 787-9 hasn't been delivered to the base at IAH yet. It was supposed to be delivered last week.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

United renewed there leases with the COH and will begin construction of the new North Terminal C.  This to make room for the new International Terminal  D.  Also redesign North Terminal B, construction will start May 11th.  United is also added more Latin America flights this summer.  Another flight to LIM, UIO and SAL.   

United renewed there leases with the COH and will begin construction of the new North Terminal C.  This to make room for the new International Terminal  D.  Also redesign North Terminal B, construction will start May 11th.  United is also added more Latin America flights this summer.  Another flight to LIM, UIO and SAL.   

Oh... I wished they could add one more route to Europe...

I would think that a non-stop IAH to Shanghai would be a big seller for them.

More international flights will be good!

Not really. Having the 2nd flight to PVG from LAX or SFO will have a higher chance. Profitability of China routes is not as high as you think, except from west coast. Delta had ATL PVG route twice in history but proved to be a loss. AA was aggressive in China market last year in their DFW hub, which also makes new Asia routes out of IAH less possible.

The end of this year United will have 25 787-8 and 9s and will retired 2 747-400s.  And there are 60 more 787 on order and IAH will even get more International flights.  Now who says United is not committed to Houston the largest hub.  I love their new planes and they also have 25 737-900ERs and ERJ-175s coming this year.  I'm hoping they can move their headquarters back to Houston!  

According to an article published in the Chron last week the HAS' main focus right now is adding more international flights to and from Africa. I was hopeful for Johannesburg. That's based on absolutely nothing except that excerpt.

I also posted this in the Terminal D thread. Here is the article:

March 24--Houston's thriving immigrant community and diverse economy will help the city's airports continue to expand despite an oil slump that may temper the boom in business travel, Houston Airport System Director Mario Diaz told business leaders Monday.

Delivering the annual State of the Airports address, Diaz said he remains confident the airport system's unprecedented growth over the last two years would continue, with Bush Intercontinental, Hobby and Ellington airports all poised for major changes.

"Houston is without a doubt the most diverse city in the nation, and the Houston Airport System has made that possible," Diaz told a crowd at the Royal Sonesta. "We will continue to connect Houston to the rest of the world."

Houston's airports set a record in 2014 with more than 53 million passengers passing through. Internationally, 9.8 million travelers went through Bush, double the rate in 2000. Last year alone, travel to Asia and Africa increased 55 percent, and travel to Europe increased 10 percent.

This is in large part thanks to a string of new international nonstop flights added at the airport, including six new markets last year.

Among the flights added are a nonstop Korean Air flight to the Seoul area, and Scandinavian Airlines nonstop to Stavanger, Norway.

"Right now, the city of Houston is within reach of a very unique and very powerful opportunity," Diaz said. "Houston is poised to become a key global gateway destination, with international passengers flowing through Houston on their way throughout the Americas and to various destinations in the U.S."

The airport has consistently touted Houston's powerful economy when attracting new carriers. Diaz said even with a tumble in oil prices, he expects to attract more flights. He noted the large number of immigrants in the Houston area, and the health of the medical, aerospace and petrochemical industries locally.

"People ask me, why is it so easy for me to find airlines?" Diaz said. "What they want to hear is how powerful is the economy, how many passengers can you generate, what quality passenger?"

He said a drop in oil prices could dampen demand for first class and business class travelers. But, he added, passengers looking to visit family in other countries could find lower prices for coach seats, thanks to added competition.

The next area he would like to add is nonstop flights is Africa, Diaz said.

International flights are expected to continue growing.

Hobby will open a $156 million, five-gate international terminal in October. Southwest Airlines, which is primarily funding the project, will add several flights to Latin America. The airport will have a 3,000-space parking garage to accommodate the1 million passengers expected to be added annually.

Bush will have a new Terminal D by 2020. The City Council approved the funding and phasing plan for the terminal project in June. Construction is slated to begin in 2017. Diaz said one hurdle to Houston's role as an international player is the aging terminal at Bush for international passengers.

The airport system also completed its Federal Aviation Administration application for Ellington to become a commercial spaceport.

Diaz also touted the free WiFi service now available at all terminals at Bush and Hobby, automated kiosks to expedite the process for international travelers, and the NextGen federal project that the airport adopted to improve on-time arrivals.

Thanks I read the article and the pdf looks exciting.  I wish they can start Terminal D sooner.  Last time I landing at Bush Terminal D is so crowded.  I saw Air Chia 777 a Turkish Airline 777, and a Lufthansa parked away from the terminal.  There was also another Lufthansa 380 and a Emirates 380 parked at the terminal.  I was odd to see 2 Lufthansa 380s something must of happened maybe one was xxled the previous day.

A United employee told me yesterday they released the expansion on IAH Terminal and B and C and ground breaking is May11th through their company internet.          

• 3 weeks later...

As United has 17 787s they are FINNALY using 767s to replace the 757s on trans-Atlantic flights.  To BCN, TXL, HAM, MAD from EWR.  At the end of the year United will have 25 787s so they can use the 767s for other routes.  Very strange since Delta Airlines is cutting International travel due to the strong $.

As United has 17 787s they are FINNALY using 767s to replace the 757s on trans-Atlantic flights.  To BCN, TXL, HAM, MAD from EWR.  At the end of the year United will have 25 787s so they can use the 767s for other routes.  Very strange since Delta Airlines is cutting International travel due to the strong $.

This is good. I took United's 757 from SFO to Hawaii some months ago and that's my worst experience ever...

Your so right.  I flew on a United 757 to DEN.  It was a old, awful during the merger.  These trans-Atlantic flights were Continental's with 16 flat bed seats and will fly in the domestic markets.  The old 757 still with the tulip them will be retired.  United will receive 28 737-900ERs the end of this year to replace them.

That was a issue 2 years ago.  United is flying them to six continents.  They will have 25 at the end of the year but ordered a total of 65.  They also ordered 25 Airbus 350XB to be delivered by 2017, I think.  I heard they are looking to buy 5 777-300ERs.  That is because Boeing will start production of the 777X.  United thinks they can get a low rate to use to buy them with cash no notes.   

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/united-announces-record-first-quarter-113000852.html

UA has confirmed its order for 10 777-300ER's. UA is keeping the entire 767 and using the same to replace the 757 on trans-Atlantic routes. Looks like we may get a few more 757's for Latin America flying--could be a good way to upgauge IAH-BOG as well as potentially launch certain new routes such as Houston-Manaus (if the demand is there), Houston-Santa Cruz, Bolivia (on the outside edges of the 757-200's capabilities, but the Bolivian gas industry might fuel demand one day). UA will also add 10 777-200's to the domestic fleet. 

Archived