United Airlines

brain

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was very nice,  smelled like a new car.  Everybody on the plane said this plane much be very new.  I think you were the first passenger on it.  It also a bathroom in economy on row 7.  It seats 152 passengers, and the LED lights are cool.  I did not get my upgrade, but got economy plus 9D was fine EWR IAH they gave us free DirectTV (free).  The flight attendant said this plane is 13 out 26 United will get this year.  And the 737-500 are finally retired!  The other 737-900ER will retire the old United 757-200s which are to old.  That is why they have not been painted.    

• 2 months later...

Getting ready to land from AMS. What stupid comments, how can something good be so bad. You are both idiots. I have 105,000 miles you have ZERO!

Congratulations. I'm glad you're so impressed by yourself. I stopped being impressed by mileage totals around the time that I hit lifetime elite status about a decade ago, but if it makes you happy, than that's great.

Congratulations. I'm glad you're so impressed by yourself. I stopped being impressed by mileage totals around the time that I hit lifetime elite status about a decade ago, but if it makes you happy, than that's great.

Did you hear about the million miler lawsuit with united? I have companion lifetime status it's great due to my dad being a million miler

Did you hear about the million miler lawsuit with united? I have companion lifetime status it's great due to my dad being a million miler

Mine is actually with American, not United, so it's not really not that useful when traveling out of Houston. I don't even fly AA with any frequency anymore.

Mine is actually with American, not United, so it's not really not that useful when traveling out of Houston. I don't even fly AA with any frequency anymore.

Oh. I read about some people that bought lifetime American status in the 80's for $250,000 but now American wants to seize it back.

• 3 weeks later...

United Announces Third-Quarter 2013 Profit

UAL Reports $590 Million Third-Quarter 2013 Profit Excluding Special Charges; $379 Million Profit Including Special Charges

CHICAGO, Oct. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines (UAL) today reported third-quarter 2013 net income of $590 million, an increase of 13.5 percent year-over-year, or $1.51 per diluted share, excluding $211 million of special charges. Including special charges, UAL reported third-quarter 2013 net income of $379 million, or $0.98 per diluted share.

•UAL generated $10.2 billion of revenue in the third quarter of 2013.

•United's consolidated passenger revenue per available seat mile (PRASM) increased 2.7 percent in the third quarter compared to the third quarter of 2012.

•Third-quarter consolidated unit costs (CASM), holding fuel rate and profit sharing constant and excluding special charges and third-party business expense, increased 3.6 percent year-over-year on a consolidated capacity (available seat miles) reduction of 1.1 percent. Third-quarter consolidated CASM increased 1.2 percent year-over-year.

•United's third-quarter consolidated fuel efficiency (gallons per available seat mile) improved 1.1 percent year-over-year, due primarily to replacing older aircraft with highly efficient new Boeing 737-900ERs and Boeing 787 Dreamliners.

•UAL ended the third quarter with $6.7 billion in unrestricted liquidity.

"We have significantly improved our operations, customer service and product, and are now competitive on all those dimensions. I want to thank my co-workers as we work together to deliver on our promise of making United flyer friendly," said Jeff Smisek, chairman, president and chief executive officer. "However, we are not satisfied with our financial performance, and are taking prompt actions to increase our revenue and operate more efficiently across the company."

Third-Quarter Revenue and Capacity

For the third quarter, total revenue was $10.2 billion, an increase of 3.2 percent compared to the same period in 2012. Third-quarter consolidated passenger revenue increased 1.6 percent year-over-year to $8.9 billion, on a consolidated capacity decrease of 1.1 percent year-over-year. Other revenue in the third quarter increased 25.0 percent year-over-year to $1.1 billion and third-quarter cargo revenue decreased 19.1 percent versus the third quarter of 2012 to $199 million.

Consolidated revenue passenger miles (RPMs) decreased 0.3 percent on a consolidated capacity decrease of 1.1 percent year-over-year, resulting in a consolidated load factor of 85.9 percent in the third quarter.

Third-quarter consolidated PRASM increased 2.7 percent compared to the same period in 2012. Consolidated yield for the third quarter increased 1.9 percent year-over-year.

"This quarter my co-workers consistently delivered solid operational performance, and our customer satisfaction scores continue to rise," said Jim Compton, UAL's vice chairman and chief revenue officer. "We are, however, disappointed by the pace of our revenue improvements, and we are taking numerous actions to improve our performance to more swiftly realize our full revenue potential."

• 3 weeks later...

Archived