The Hamilton Apartments At 1800 St. Joseph Pkwy.

MarathonMan

• 1 month later...

Anyone know the price point on these?

From the "challenged" location I would expect that they would be low enough for a young family to move in. Maybe a carpenter and his wife the office clerk and a baby or two. That would be terrific for downtown!

Doubtful, unless they plan on spending 2/5ths of their income on rent. Assuming these units are $2,200 for a 2 bedroom (pretty low estimate for a new build), and they both make 40k after taxes.

It's certainly feasible, but attracting couples with kiddos in the lower middle - middle class range is tough for the city. I mean, depending on their credit, they could easily purchase a 3 bedroom 2.5 bathroom in a desirable suburb and pay half that for a mortgage with better schools. Office Clerk Mommy can find a job with a company in any suburban market, and Carpenter Daddy will likely be driving to different locations anyways.

Just playing your scenario in my head.

• Like 1

Doubtful, unless they plan on spending 2/5ths of their income on rent. Assuming these units are $2,200 for a 2 bedroom (pretty low estimate for a new build), and they both make 40k after taxes.

It's certainly feasible, but attracting couples with kiddos in the lower middle - middle class range is tough for the city. I mean, depending on their credit, they could easily purchase a 3 bedroom 2.5 bathroom in a desirable suburb and pay half that for a mortgage with better schools. Office Clerk Mommy can find a job with a company in any suburban market, and Carpenter Daddy will likely be driving to different locations anyways.

Just playing your scenario in my head.

Even in this location, you think a 2 bedroom apartment will be $2000+?

Sigh.

You may be right but it would be great if it was more like $1500.

I am all for having a bunch of highrises downtown and I have zero issue with them all charging very high rents (or condo sales prices) for lawyers and oilmen and engineers (young and old). But to have a few places for young blue/grey collar folks would be terrific.

Let hope you're wrong! ( But I fear you are correct).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

not really it might seem that way, during the days that it rained there was no activity but the top portion has been moving along some what. i pass through there on a daily basis for work when i get a chance i'll take a picture from the top

Does this seem to be going slowly to anyone else? Or am I just nuts?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm ok with living next to a ramp but then I would hope they make the upper rooms sound proof. Based on my friends terrible experience with sound coming from Richmond at the Muse (similar building structure made of wood), I would imagine this complex being next to the highway will most likely be worse. And it's not just the ramp... the other floors are close to the main lanes as well.

• Like 1

when i-45 is rerouted then it will not be a problem. Wish it could be done in 20 years.

I do like these developments. Developers didn't say too much but get work progress fast and steady. How many projects we discussed a lot but never seen a truck came to site?

It's incredible just how close these apartments are to the freeway (photo is from yesterday; progress is being made!):

wAAY3ES.jpg

• Like 3