29 members have voted

1. 1. H A I F meetup - when and where?

• Downtown - weeknight
    • Downtown - weekend
    • Midtown - weeknight
    • Midtown - weekend
    • Montrose - weeknight
    • Montrose - weekend

Much fun indeed! It was so great (and yes kinda weird) to actually attach life forms to our many word battles. Though I'm not sure what y'all are are referring to with the "eye candy" comments.

Edited by totheskies
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

I vote for Friday the 22nd or Saturday the 23rd. And for the place I say... There is a spectacular wine bar on san Felipe and Winrock. It's in the retail portion of the huge apartment complex... They also have a huge assortment of beer. Don't recall any finger foods... But I don't know if everyone is down for wine & beer. Just a suggestion. Plus I can walk to it.

Edited by Montrose1100

I vote for Friday the 22nd or Saturday the 23rd. And for the place I say... There is a spectacular wine bar on san Felipe and Winrock. It's in the retail portion of the huge apartment complex... They also have a huge assortment of beer. Don't recall any finger foods... But I don't know if everyone is down for wine & beer. Just a suggestion. Plus I can walk to it.

Winetopia, just for clarification.  Pretty much behind the Valero on San Felipe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So did y'all already meet and not invite me?

What about early October? Weekend of the 4th?

I know meeting at a bar is practical, but I would be willing to chip in to rent out a cool space like Rockerfeller Hall, and bringing ungodly amounts of booze. Can you tell I want an excuse to go there?

Has anyone been to mixers & elixirs at the museum? I feel like that would be a cool place for us nerds to meet up and possibly spread the word about the forum to other like minded people. Maybe even meet people in industries that we could squeeze for info ("network").

• Like 3

I went to Mixers and Elixirs tonight. If you stay in the lobby of the museum, it would probably be more ideal for conversation and drinking than in the exhibit hall where most of the action takes place.

Edited by JLWM8609
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • The title was changed to HAIF Meet and Greet Events
  • The title was changed to HAIF Meet and Greet Events
On 12/20/2020 at 6:48 PM, Highrise Tower said:

I've been hearing of a HAIF get together after the pandemic. Centralized location with food and drinks.  Any places preferred?

The Black Labrador used to be the traditional place for the mods to meet.  But that's gone.  So very sad.

• Like 1