29 members have voted

1. 1. H A I F meetup - when and where?

• Downtown - weeknight
    • Downtown - weekend
    • Midtown - weeknight
    • Midtown - weekend
    • Montrose - weeknight
    • Montrose - weekend

Probably not. My grandfather just came out of the hospice (alive!) (again!) (for the time being). So I need to be in Austin whenever I have a chance. The next several weekends are no good.

LOL. You almost seem frustrated.

I'm in.....for now....

Can't we take it on the road? maybe something closer in or some place different?

Disclaimer: I live close to HDL, but want to be fair to other users.

EDIT: Was totally available...now I'm not so sure

Edited by ricco67

Yep, I'll pretty much go where there are haify people and liquor. Ricco, if you want to pick another place, I'll show.

It's looking like back surgery could be imminent for my BF. I've got to have my fun now, before it's time to get the nurse's outfit out of storage and locate a walker for Cap'n Gimpy to use......

Thanks to all of you, but condolences are unnecessary...and I certainly didn't want to hijack the thread with depressing news. Everybody has their time and this was his third or fourth.

In honor of his very nature, I can do nothing better than to move on with my life, forward looking. Some people seem to like the prospect of being grieved over by masses of people--as evidenced by all the gaudy coffins, vaults, and monuments that are made available by funeral homes--he just wasn't that sort.

Thanks to all of you, but condolences are unnecessary...and I certainly didn't want to hijack the thread with depressing news. Everybody has their time and this was his third or fourth.

In honor of his very nature, I can do nothing better than to move on with my life, forward looking. Some people seem to like the prospect of being grieved over by masses of people--as evidenced by all the gaudy coffins, vaults, and monuments that are made available by funeral homes--he just wasn't that sort.

well, then we will be getting down to the bidness at hand and I'm glad you'll be there. Strong drinks at the Happy Days. Chamo can tell us stories of Columbia. Or Pearland, one. Ricco will just tell us stories. ;)

And TJ can explain to us how it came to be he's commuting between Houston and Austin in a gas guzzling ride. (Kidding, of course, TJ. Bring your fine self on down to the east end! BTW you should bring that good looking lawyer friend of yours.)

Well, as the universe tends to unfold as it does to suit MY needs. I am no longer commuting to Hempstead and back. I am just coming into town to hang out and pick up the beast who is finally supposedly gonna be ready to rock and roll by Saturday. I do have that lawyer friend, and I will askk him to drag himself out of the house, but let's not go overboard with the "good looking" part, shall we? :huh::D

well, then we will be getting down to the bidness at hand and I'm glad you'll be there. Strong drinks at the Happy Days. Chamo can tell us stories of Columbia. Or Pearland, one. Ricco will just tell us stories. ;)

And TJ can explain to us how it came to be he's commuting between Houston and Austin in a gas guzzling ride. (Kidding, of course, TJ. Bring your fine self on down to the east end! BTW you should bring that good looking lawyer friend of yours.)

- Why did a group of Colombians run away from a computer lab?

- Because the computer said you have performed an illegal operation and will be shutdown.

I'd better stick to the Pearland Story.

Speaking of good looking lawyers, found the following Article about a very important research. Check the great comment #49.

Speaking of good looking lawyers, found the following Article about a very important research. Check the great comment #49.

ha, half those replies were probably posted by ugly lawyers I used to date.

Nope, we need some stories about Columbia!

This is perhaps not your field of study, but Gabriel Garcia Marquez is one of my favorite writers and I need to know --is he as crazy as American and British literature people always say? I get the impression he was like the Columbian Ernest Hemingway. Crazy, si o no?

ha, half those replies were probably posted by ugly lawyers I used to date.

Nope, we need some stories about Columbia!

This is perhaps not your field of study, but Gabriel Garcia Marquez is one of my favorite writers and I need to know --is he as crazy as American and British literature people always say? I get the impression he was like the Columbian Ernest Hemingway. Crazy, si o no?

No doubt he is a very interesting character just like Hemingway. Crazy in many ways, but a brilliant mind. He could be one of the few ones be able to tell if Fidel is alive or not, that's how close they are/were.

Sorry I couldn't make it, I thought it was on for Friday night. I had to drive back to Austin yesterday. You missed a hoot nanny at The Firehouse and Volcano on Friday though.

TJ, too bad you could not make it. It was an enjoyable night as always.

- Traffic on 45 going north was a mess; this might have contributed to.....

- Happy Days lounge being as busy as it can probably get.....

- Under new bartendering crew..... same ownership.....

- Sandra strong drinks and flirting with some fellow Haifer's will be missed.....

- Learned that Jukebox selections can be cancelled and that I need to definitely try 888.

It was very nice to see you all. Till next time.