29 members have voted

1. 1. H A I F meetup - when and where?

• Downtown - weeknight
    • Downtown - weekend
    • Midtown - weeknight
    • Midtown - weekend
    • Montrose - weeknight
    • Montrose - weekend

???? WTF. She didn't seem like the type who would use the word 'landlubbers'. But then again, she was getting drunk at about the same rate as the patrons.

she just was more familiar with those who came last time. everytime i ordered a drink, she kept asking questions and more questions.

???? WTF. She didn't seem like the type who would use the word 'landlubbers'. But then again, she was getting drunk at about the same rate as the patrons.

I was refering to Musicman's introduction to the OTHER bar.

She was drinking booze? That part I hadn't noticed, I was too busy people watching and talking about Craig Ferguson to Sev's Pals. :)

• 1 month later...

It's that time again.

HAIF gathering at the Happy Days Lounge. Tomorrow (Saturday) nite, 8-ish. It could be your last chance to see the old HoJo spire intact. Large TVs for Rockets/Jazz game 4.

I'll bring a bumper sticker for Sandra to put over the bar. Some bars have dart league; the Happy Days has us.

It's that time again.

HAIF gathering at the Happy Days Lounge. Tomorrow (Saturday) nite, 8-ish. It could be your last chance to see the old HoJo spire intact. Large TVs for Rockets/Jazz game 4.

I'll bring a bumper sticker for Sandra to put over the bar. Some bars have dart league; the Happy Days has us.

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I got a car cruise noche' manana. I don't know that I will make it. Perhaps you guys should head over to 249 in Tomball to the Kroger's parking lot. There will be about 400 cars or so. It is a wild time and we can drink, it is on private property.

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I got a car cruise noche' manana. I don't know that I will make it. Perhaps you guys should head over to 249 in Tomball to the Kroger's parking lot. There will be about 400 cars or so. It is a wild time and we can drink, it is on private property.

all of a sudden i'm having a kmart flashback. LOL

Reporting back from HAIF Happy Days #3:

You cannot visit the Happy Days Lounge without acquiring a new anecdote worthy of HAIFing. It simply can't be done. In spite of the smaller turnout to this one (and we all think that a lot of folks on the forum are just too yuppie for this kind of an establishment), we managed a good time.

One of the bar patrons was apparently quite taken with me. He/She/It made his/her/its first appearance when I was up from the sofa to get another drink. When I returned, he/she/it was gone, rebuked by HAIFers. Ricco mentioned that he/she/it had sat on the armrest at my seat, but I thought initially that he was pulling my chain for a lark. Nevertheless, I stopped using the armrest...just in case Then he/she/it returned, undaunted, and I didn't notice as I was lost in conversation and drink. I even failed to notice as he/she/it got comfortable, in physical contact with me, but just beyond the periphery of my vision. I did finally notice a kind of itchy and tickling sensation but still failed to realize that he/she/it was in fact now nibbling at the exposed part of my arm. I would've appreciated warning from those with whom I was keeping company, but perhaps these were my just deserts for blowing off the initial warning.

And then I looked over and laid eyes upon this ugly mug.

He/She/It retreated immediately to the armrest. I lept from my seat and proceeded to kick the living snot out of him/her/it. He/She/It ran off into the dark, not to be sighted again that evening. I retreated to the restroom, to disinfect my arm...but concluded from the condition of the facilities that the attempt may do more harm than good. Needless to say, the proprietor was most apologetic.

Edited by TheNiche

He/She/It retreated immediately to the armrest. I lept from my seat and proceeded to kick the living snot out of him/her/it. He/She/It ran off into the dark, not to be sighted again that evening. I retreated to the restroom, to disinfect my arm...but concluded from the condition of the facilities that the attempt may do more harm than good. Needless to say, the proprietor was most apologetic.

That was one tough sucker. It survived a good stomping from Crunch (aptly named,now that I think about it).

And yeah, that is what you get mr. "...I gotta go pee."

also, in my defense, I didn't see that lovely creature on you. Probably the most action and attention you've gotten in quite a while.

One of the bar patrons was apparently quite taken with me.

Classic...... Last time, Crunch got all the attention, this time was all you Niche.

I'm sorry I missed all the fun. No pictures?

P.S. I'm back in the country. It's clear they let anybody in. ;)