29 members have voted

1. 1. H A I F meetup - when and where?

• Downtown - weeknight
    • Downtown - weekend
    • Midtown - weeknight
    • Midtown - weekend
    • Montrose - weeknight
    • Montrose - weekend

i was thinking about going to see the fiery furnaces at the proletariat saturday night. that isn't too far from where you guys will be. hopefully something will work out. it would be great to meet some more of you guys.

so the consensus is "happy days lounge" 8-ish?

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I say the meeting should be at the Cheescake Factory in the Woodlands where cake and Long Island Ice Teas can be had!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seriously doubt most would go so far out of the way. The Proletariat sounds like a real cozy pad, plus a LIVE band! Very local to most. I have never heard of this Happy Days joint. No listiing either. No paddy wagons to worry about either. :D

i was thinking about going to see the fiery furnaces at the proletariat saturday night. that isn't too far from where you guys will be. hopefully something will work out. it would be great to meet some more of you guys.

looks like it. Nothing like a motel bar on a Saturday night. :D

looks like it. Nothing like a motel bar on a Saturday night. :D

Oh my god, you mean the place that looks like this? right off 45/Wayside? Now I know y'all be crazy. No steppy in that place since the 80's. Can't miss it, BJ's Adult Books just across the frwy. :ph34r::lol: Brave people indeed.

HoJo_thumb.jpg

Oh my god, you mean the place that looks like this? right off 45/Wayside? Now I know y'all be crazy. No steppy in that place since the 80's. Can't miss it, BJ's Adult Books just across the frwy. :ph34r::lol: Brave people indeed.

HoJo_thumb.jpg

I don't know why, but this place has been calling my name since I moved to Eastwood. Every single time driving home from Gulfgate, we ask aloud, "wonder what's going on at the Happy Days?"

HoJo_thumb.jpg

So, you won't be there? OK, I'm in for Saturday at 8. :D

That is, by far, one of the most disgusting bars I've ever been in to. You'd think the self-righteous patronage could hit the toilet when they pea (or other functions).

Cheap shots though. They didn't like my joke about how I was an aspiring Bourgeoisie.

The initial reason for meeting was to check out this place - stemming from the mod hotel thread

I think I am going to like it there, too :blush:

I think I like your style.

I have no problems with dive bars. Colorful characters, good stories, decent drinks and lots of fun usually.

LOL it's not like you're venturing deep into the eastside. you can hop on the freeway quickly if the need should arise.

Glad you find my post funny... You guys have fun, and I'll maybe see ya at the next one.

The initial reason for meeting was to check out this place - stemming from the mod hotel thread

Then by all means check it out, it's just not for me.

I think I like your style.

I have no problems with dive bars. Colorful characters, good stories, decent drinks and lots of fun usually.

Absolutely.

And some for some folks, this isn't their cuppa, which is fine too. There will be more gatherings. (just not at places that have 'jacuzzi mini-suites' and a buddhist prayer room out back :lol: who knows what you might miss....)

It looks like most of you already know each other, so I'll be the newbie.

I'm sorry (to chuckle) but I can't help but picture the whole Haif crowd in handcuffs being led in to a paddy wagon. That would be one for the record books.

These kind of dives are truelly meant for the desperate and down and out, I wouldn't dream of walking in with a lady. It's truth or dare even for guys to go into. On a brighter note the drinks would be dirt cheap. Now, let's see hows my life Ins policy. Hmm.

Alot of the "barrio" bars charge the women MORE for drinks than the men. Say a beer costs $3 for a man, the same beer costs $7 for women. It is to discourage women from coming to the bars, because as the night drags on and the beer and tequila flow longer, some guys just can't seem to control their machismo around the women. Then, guns and knives come into play and someone gets left in a pool of their own blood out in the parking lot.

Alot of the "barrio" bars charge the women MORE for drinks than the men. Say a beer costs $3 for a man, the same beer costs $7 for women. It is to discourage women from coming to the bars, because as the night drags on and the beer and tequila flow longer, some guys just can't seem to control their machismo around the women. Then, guns and knives come into play and someone gets left in a pool of their own blood out in the parking lot.

Correct on all counts. Here they dont bother to carry to parking lots, its done smack on the spot. Manuel Noriega style ala scenes from Scarface. Ironically the bayou is within feet and so are two cemeteries. That upscale apt behind it are where the locals stagger over as the norm. Arcenic and Old lace my friends.

Abiit, excessit, evasit, erupit - He has left, absconded, escaped and disappeared :D

Absolutely.

And some for some folks, this isn't their cuppa, which is fine too. There will be more gatherings. (just not at places that have 'jacuzzi mini-suites' and a buddhist prayer room out back :lol: who knows what you might miss....)

It looks like most of you already know each other, so I'll be the newbie.

I've never met any of these folks, so I'll be in awkward mode as well.

OK, I'll be the giant white guy in a pink/white button down and jeans probably. I have my brothers kids this weekend, but if I can break free, I will.

Who all is confirmed as to be going?

i don't personally know most haif people. but i know sevfiv is going for sure.

EDIT: yeah what sevfiv ^ said.

Archived