• Midtown - weeknight
    • Midtown - weekend
    • Montrose - weeknight
    • Montrose - weekend

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
let's just do 8 again.

Are newbies - at least in terms of posting - welcome as well? I'm always up for a beer, and my g/f wants to meet the "famous" posters I'm always talking about...lol

Music, I hope you can look past the fact that we're not big fans of the Fiesta on Dunlavy...or Warren's, unless we're in super-cheap mode. I'll have you know that I've both had drinks and had my pants tailored at Char Bar...though the tailoring was first, and I was shocked as he$$ the day I walked in and handed my pants over in front of a bunch of drunks :) I guess it's all good, so long as they're not doing the work. Happy Days Lounge sounds like a can't miss, though

Music, I hope you can look past the fact that we're not big fans of the Fiesta on Dunlavy...or Warren's, unless we're in super-cheap mode. I'll have you know that I've both had drinks and had my pants tailored at Char Bar...though the tailoring was first, and I was shocked as he$$ the day I walked in and handed my pants over in front of a bunch of drunks :) I guess it's all good, so long as they're not doing the work. Happy Days Lounge sounds like a can't miss, though

since you're into the "beautiful" thngs, i hope you don't get discouraged if some of the patrons look like homeless or just don't meet your aesthetics standards in general.

TIP OF THE DAY: wear another pair of pants when you're getting a pair altered. ;)

since you're into the "beautiful" thngs, i hope you don't get discouraged if some of the patrons look like homeless or just don't meet your aesthetics standards in general.

TIP OF THE DAY: wear another pair of pants when you're getting a pair altered. ;)

LOL...now that's funny...

"Beautiful" things? Yes, they are fine, but I'm not sure I'd classify me as the superficial type just because I don't frequent Warren's or Fiesta... Not sure why I even brought Warren's up, but I'll just chalk it up to drunk posting :) Maybe that Fiesta deserves another shot

LOL...now that's funny...

"Beautiful" things? Yes, they are fine, but I'm not sure I'd classify me as the superficial type just because I don't frequent Warren's or Fiesta... Not sure why I even brought Warren's up, but I'll just chalk it up to drunk posting :) Maybe that Fiesta deserves another shot

As a poster child of drunk posting.

Remember, the what little life you have left you save, may not be your own.

Don't do it again. :)

Are newbies - at least in terms of posting - welcome as well? I'm always up for a beer, and my g/f wants to meet the "famous" posters I'm always talking about...lol

While I can't make it this time (but will raise a Pimm's Cups to y'all at Napoleon House), I encourage interested "newbies" to go. These are friendly people (esp. after a couple of beers (or maragaritas or gins and tonic, if memory serves)), and I'm guessing would just be PM'ing each other to hang out if they weren't interested in meeting some HAIFers they didn't already know.

Y'all enjoy, and be safe!

While I can't make it this time (but will raise a Pimm's Cups to y'all at Napoleon House), I encourage interested "newbies" to go. These are friendly people (esp. after a couple of beers (or maragaritas or gins and tonic, if memory serves)), and I'm guessing would just be PM'ing each other to hang out if they weren't interested in meeting some HAIFers they didn't already know.

Y'all enjoy, and be safe!

Sooooooo jealous! The Days is a poor substitute for Napoleon House, but what it lacks in history or charm, it makes up for in drinks. Or something like that. :)

I also would encourge people. It's like a group blind date, but a good one.

It's like a group blind date, but a good one.

Ha! That reminds me - Happy Days is an esp. good spot for a first-timer b/c you shouldn't have trouble picking out the group (they'll be the people over 12 years old not working behind the bar).

Ha! That reminds me - Happy Days is an esp. good spot for a first-timer b/c you shouldn't have trouble picking out the group (they'll be the people over 12 years old not working behind the bar).

we'll make sure niche stays in front of the bar.

...some of the patrons look like homeless or just don't meet your aesthetics standards in general.....

My kind of place......

It'll be a pleasure to meet some of you guys that make my days at the office much easier to handle. Nothing like reading posts during those long meetings.

I'll stop by to say hello around 8. Look for the tall guy with the Hispanic accent. :unsure:

Does anyone know what the donut place across (where kmart was) was? It has a gas pump from the 80's .

it is still there but i forget the name. i think it is a woman's name. if i remember i will look tomorrow morn

EDIT: Mary Lee?

if i should make the drive........IF...........i get a wild hair and want to drive 40 minutes to have too many adult beverages, i will be a large man with a half ass grin in a camp shirt & jeans, hoping to meet an unusual bunch of like minded individuals.

doubt i can make it, but you never know.

if i should make the drive........IF...........i get a wild hair and want to drive 40 minutes to have too many adult beverages, i will be a large man with a half ass grin in a camp shirt & jeans, hoping to meet an unusual bunch of like minded individuals.

doubt i can make it, but you never know.

If? Seeing as how you've already picked out your clothes..........I look forward to seeing you! Trust me, you'll spot everyone on sight. I'm the sort of chunky, sort of 40 brunette with freckles, a gap between my two front teeth, and a taste for vodka.

If? Seeing as how you've already picked out your clothes..........I look forward to seeing you! Trust me, you'll spot everyone on sight. I'm the sort of chunky, sort of 40 brunette with freckles, a gap between my two front teeth, and a taste for vodka.

i can see we'll get along fine.

I cannot guarantee I will be there, BUT, if I do, I will be wearing some Camo shorts, and some sandals, not sure what shirt I will be wearing. OHHHHHHHHhhhh, and I will have my glasses on. I know I said I would bring Red. I will have to hit him up and see if he is game.

Yes! Bring cash! I think there was at least a thirty minimum on card (though that might be reasonable for some :))

I hope to be there by 7 to try out the Zen Garden restaurant - I have one and maybe three brave non-HAIFers that might be in tow.

Archived