Market Square Tower: 40-Story High-Rise At 777 Preston St.

Urbannizer

Found an answer for you on Quora 

In a big fire like this the result comes down to the sprinkler system. If it is intact and effective the fire will be extinguished. If it is not effective then the fire will eventually burn itself out.

A small kitchen fire that would require 15 or so firefighters in a bungalow is almost an automatic second alarm for evacuation, doubling the number of firefighters.

1 hour ago, hindesky said:

From the Raven Tower? What does it take to go up there?

Completely free, just sometimes they check ID to enter the Raven Tower bar area but that's it. They rarely check on Sundays.

27 minutes ago, BeerNut said:

Sometimes they limit access because of private parties.

That's generally before 7pm. Usually, they allow anyone up after that point or else you'll have a lot of pissed off people driving all the way over there and not able to go up.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nole23 said:

" Don’t have time to run errands? No worries, Market Square Tower’s convenient amenities include runners to pick up dry cleaning, groceries and more. "

Facebook

I am curious about this.  

Runners for dry cleaning?  I understand that some dry cleaners deliver to highrises around town.  I am surprised that these folks aren't simply arranging for pickup/delivery of dry cleaning.

groceries?  How would that work?  If all they are going to do is "pickup groceries", does that mean that are cutting a deal with Randal's, Pheonicia, or whole foods, or somewhere to have the employees of the grocer "shop", based on a website order or phone order,and then have the apartment's "runners" go get it?  Or are they saying that the apartment "runners" will also "shop" the order in the store?  Hard to imagine the later and very curious on the former.

4 hours ago, UtterlyUrban said:

I am curious about this.  

Runners for dry cleaning?  I understand that some dry cleaners deliver to highrises around town.  I am surprised that these folks aren't simply arranging for pickup/delivery of dry cleaning.

groceries?  How would that work?  If all they are going to do is "pickup groceries", does that mean that are cutting a deal with Randal's, Pheonicia, or whole foods, or somewhere to have the employees of the grocer "shop", based on a website order or phone order,and then have the apartment's "runners" go get it?  Or are they saying that the apartment "runners" will also "shop" the order in the store?  Hard to imagine the later and very curious on the former.

Instacart / Favor / Uber Eats / etc. all offer grocer runners at this point for HEB / Whole Foods / Sam's Club / etc. Imagine it will be through a service like that. It's not that big of an amenity. I live in a non-doorman building and have my dry cleaning picked up and dropped off every week and am having my groceries delivered by Instacart today at 7pm.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, downtownian said:

Instacart / Favor / Uber Eats / etc. all offer grocer runners at this point for HEB / Whole Foods / Sam's Club / etc. Imagine it will be through a service like that. It's not that big of an amenity. I live in a non-doorman building and have my dry cleaning picked up and dropped off every week and am having my groceries delivered by Instacart today at 7pm.

I have my dry cleaning picked up and dropped off at my building.  Today I ran down there in my undershirt because I ran out of clothes. When I came back upstairs, I thought about how much better it would be if they picked it up from IN my place and put it back IN my closet.  Then I realized how lazy I am.  Then I tripped over my roomba.

Edited by kbates2
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, downtownian said:

Thank you for this.  Very helpful.